What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Off topic, but what do you think could be done for more Batman DLC costumes? Flashpoint is pretty nice, but I couldn't think of any others besides something like Batman Inc or classic/silver age Batman.

dust.

Noob
Off topic, but what do you think could be done for more Batman DLC costumes? Flashpoint is pretty nice, but I couldn't think of any others besides something like Batman Inc or classic/silver age Batman.
There is a thread on this already but two alts I would like to see are the Dark Knight Returns model and a Batgirl alt!

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
There is a thread on this already but two alts I would like to see are the Dark Knight Returns model and a Batgirl alt!
I heard about the Batgirl alt being a possibility and I'm all for it as this would mean the rumored DLC list is inaccurate. Dark Knight Returns would be cool, I kinda wanna see Medieval Batman but it's similar to the insurgency costume. On a side note, I hope Red Hood ends up as DLC lol He's the only DLC I would make one of my mains instantly.

dust.

Noob
yeeesssss. lol. it can't be that hard to get adam west to do the voice . that would be awesome
LOL that would be so amazing! Idk about you guys but Batman's current alt's aren't really doing it for me. I mean the insurgency one is so similar to his normal and his Arkham City and New 52 costumes also look pretty similar. And I'm not feeling that Blackest Night one lol. The Batman Beyond one is pretty awesome except that he looks a little too buff haha so I'm hoping for more cool or funny ones in the future!

kikeuy

Noob
I can confirm that it is not safe against at least one attack - Superman's super. If he supers inbetween the second and third hit, he beats it clean and doesn't even take damage from the bomb. I have not exhaustively tested it with bats, but my suspicion is that it would take three bats done immediately after the second hit in order to make the entire string safe. The best I was able to do in the time I had was get the timing down to the point where Superman had to do reversal super, but I wasn't able to get it so that it would stuff him.

I also discovered Bane can punish inbetween hits with super, although a single bat will stop him with ease. He also takes damage from the bomb, unlike Superman, but it's obviously a very favorable trade for him.

I've done a more exhaustive search of Green Arrow (my main), and found that b2,3 is at least totally safe against that character. So fuck you, Batmen! :p

These are the only characters I've checked out and I imagine there's quite a bit more to be mined yet, so keep your eyes peeled.
You can jump Bane´s super out of b2,3 even on reversal.

Here is how to avoid objects on Wayne manor:

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
You can jump Bane´s super out of b2,3 even on reversal.
I just double checked this. You're clearly not doing something right, because it does punish. Like I said, it has to be done between the second and third hits of the string - if you do it after the third hit, it should be obvious that Bane will whiff.

kikeuy

Noob
I just double checked this. You're clearly not doing something right, because it does punish. Like I said, it has to be done between the second and third hits of the string - if you do it after the third hit, it should be obvious that Bane will whiff.
Tested with TU1 and TU2 , still jumping out of it , even on reversal, even on the corner.

back 2. sky grapple. upward batarang. and jumping 2 is what i use
yea, last night i got some decent mileage out of AAing with b2 xx MB sky grapple. gotta be careful though, it won't likely work against the godly jump attacks

really, batman's best deterrent against jumping is having multiple bats out (except vs. airdashers), but you have to ask yourself if you feel like that's a worthwhile use of them

an option that i have used with some success and feel is extremely underrated atm: hang around max range of their jump attack, walk back to make it barely whiff, then full combo punish when they land. i had thought 123 would be the safest bet for this if within jab range, but i think 223 still combos even if the 2nd hit whiffs which would make that the winner damage-wise.

EDIT: if the opponent's air attack has enough range that you can't jab them on landing, b2 might work sometimes. failing that, you're stuck with f2 and then i would recommend dashing under their jump if possible

yea, last night i got some decent mileage out of AAing with b2 xx MB sky grapple. gotta be careful though, it won't likely work against the godly jump attacks

really, batman's best deterrent against jumping is having multiple bats out (except vs. airdashers), but you have to ask yourself if you feel like that's a worthwhile use of them

an option that i have used with some success and feel is extremely underrated atm: hang around max range of their jump attack, walk back to make it barely whiff, then full combo punish when they land. i had thought 123 would be the safest bet for this if within jab range, but i think 223 still combos even if the 2nd hit whiffs which would make that the winner damage-wise.

EDIT: if the opponent's air attack has enough range that you can't jab them on landing, b2 might work sometimes. failing that, you're stuck with f2 and then i would recommend dashing under their jump if possible
yeah the 3rd paragraph here is the best i think. batmans best anti air though is probably jumping 2. you kinda have to predict they are going to jump though. but when i hit them out of the air with j2 i combo with 123, b2 into ex grapple, then i think i do back 3, j3, back 2 3.

yea air-to-air is definitely still my bread & butter for now, but i feel like that won't hold up so well in the long run once ppl start baiting. it's high-risk high-reward, and batman has a number of situational lower-risk high-reward options that i feel a need to get the hang of

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Have you guys been using the cross up glide jump in? It's a little tricky to do, but I think they actually showed it in the battle arena video of Batman vs Flash. It's very ambiguous and will catch people off guard. I still can't do it consistently and I've tried gliding instantly after a jump. Depending on when you press J.2 the side which it hits will change and you can either delay or attack once you're close.

Skitzo

Noob
Have you guys been using the cross up glide jump in? It's a little tricky to do, but I think they actually showed it in the battle arena video of Batman vs Flash. It's very ambiguous and will catch people off guard. I still can't do it consistently and I've tried gliding instantly after a jump. Depending on when you press J.2 the side which it hits will change and you can either delay or attack once you're close.
If you're talking about the divekick, all you have to do is hold d to block & it'll get blocked because divekick is a mid

its for whiff punishing and reversing your cross up with glide. i actually don't think its that great. i don't use it a lot really

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
its for whiff punishing and reversing your cross up with glide. i actually don't think its that great. i don't use it a lot really
Is it still a good cross up then? I don't think it's common knowledge to hold down and block against it. And if anyone asks, I'll shrug. lolol

Is it still a good cross up then? I don't think it's common knowledge to hold down and block against it. And if anyone asks, I'll shrug. lolol
well you can cross someone up then glide back to the other side of them and dive kick, but even then its not too hard to block. like i said i don't put it into my game a lot but it might really be working out for other people lol. idk