What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

Is there any point to use anything other than 223 as combo starter? 15 frame start up and only -1 on block?
there is a high hit in the string I believe so people can interrupt. just found out yesterday that you can armor out of the last hit of 113, its practically raidens 334 string.

the more you play batman, the more you find out he is not that cheap compared to green lantern and aquaman.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
If this question has already been asked my apologies. What methods are everyone using with Batman to counter zoning? I just began playing online a few nights ago. The strategy I've used so far is to apply pressure taking a rushdown approach. Thanks for the help!

Frame data is glitchy on attacks with multiple hits. Its most likely that the second hit of b23 is indeed punishable if you somehow avoud th e third hit.
Ive been testing this and the attack seems safe on block. I jump the 3rd hit and try a jumping attack and I coul
Block. I dont know if a 6f attack can escape this. I'll need to check more.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I found an interesting glitch, don't know if it's been talked about before, but it tends to happen after a B.23 > Bats > Grapple. It only happens when the bats hit them almost fullscreen away. Long as I release the bats early it doesn't happen, but still an odd glitch. I'm assuming the grapple hits them earlier than the last of the Bats so it pops out.

is 223 best only used as a punisher? how often should u use this string. its not very good. i think if your opponent is standing a lot for some reason, to use 22 for the plus 6 or plus whatever it is. but other than that and punishing, this string is kind of shitty

dust.

Noob
is 223 best only used as a punisher? how often should u use this string. its not very good. i think if your opponent is standing a lot for some reason, to use 22 for the plus 6 or plus whatever it is. but other than that and punishing, this string is kind of shitty
Agreed. I would use it mostly to hitconfirm off of a MB grapple or a jump in attack. People tend to crouch block so using that string will get you blown up once people start catching on.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I'm still contemplating what other characters to play as besides Batman. I've considering Nightwing, the Flash, Killer Frost, and Doomsday. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I'm still contemplating what other characters to play as besides Batman. I've considering Nightwing, the Flash, Killer Frost, and Doomsday. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Since I take it you came from a Reptile background, I suggest Doomsday or Catwoman, just because of their dashes.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Since I take it you came from a Reptile background, I suggest Doomsday or Catwoman, just because of their dashes.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've spent a little time in practice mode with Doomsday and Catwoman. It looks like I'll have some experimenting to do this weekend.

kikeuy

Noob
You can trait cancel 3 summoning the bats and still juggling your opponent.

New upload
This time is about combos using interactables. Most of them sacrifice positioning for damage , some of them are just for show. But some are really good and well, using interactables means that they can´t be used on you.
Also as bonus track, the only 2 punish that I´ve found for b2 , 3 . Of course you shouldn´t use it against the wall , a single jump straight will punish you.

threeeighths

batmanned
Haven't had a chance to test this myself yet this week, but is it possible to throw an interactable, like the big rubbish bin on the bottom left side of Gotham City alley (Or even the Batmobile Rockets like in the video above), and then release bats MB grapple to catch them out of the interactable hit into a combo? Would look something like;

223, b3, activate bats, j3, 123, b23 (combo ends), throw meaty interactable, release bats (bats scoop up opponent out of interactable hit) MB grapple into w/e combo.

The other Batman player at my ranbats mentioned something like this last night, but I haven't seen this in the Batman Forum.

kikeuy

Noob
This one is about dealing with interactables at Atlantis. All stages in one video would be too much long.
Be sure to activate subs if you are not Spanish speaker.
More stages coming soon.

KangDo

Noob
Coming from MK9 and being a Liu Kang player, does Batman feel like the Liu Kang of Injustice?
That depends on what it is about Liu Kang that you liked.

I played Liu Kang in MK9 and out of all the Injustice characters, I'm personally meshing well with Batman. Likely because his general playstyle appears to be rushdown with a little bit of zoning which is what I liked about Liu Kang.

However, I can't say there's a whole lot of tools that are shared between the two characters. So again, it depends on what you want in a character. Want Liu Kang's high/low mixup? Try Nightwing. Want his simplicity? Try Superman.

Feel free to try Batman as well. He's very strong so he's obviously not a bad choice. But I'd look at your character choice less about what matches your previous mains and more about what it is that you want in your mains.

dust.

Noob
Well still, learn the bnb's then hit training mode and check out his frame data to see what is safe and what has fast startup so you can punish and etc.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Ive been testing this and the attack seems safe on block. I jump the 3rd hit and try a jumping attack and I coul
Block. I dont know if a 6f attack can escape this. I'll need to check more.
I can confirm that it is not safe against at least one attack - Superman's super. If he supers inbetween the second and third hit, he beats it clean and doesn't even take damage from the bomb. I have not exhaustively tested it with bats, but my suspicion is that it would take three bats done immediately after the second hit in order to make the entire string safe. The best I was able to do in the time I had was get the timing down to the point where Superman had to do reversal super, but I wasn't able to get it so that it would stuff him.

I also discovered Bane can punish inbetween hits with super, although a single bat will stop him with ease. He also takes damage from the bomb, unlike Superman, but it's obviously a very favorable trade for him.

I've done a more exhaustive search of Green Arrow (my main), and found that b2,3 is at least totally safe against that character. So fuck you, Batmen! :p

These are the only characters I've checked out and I imagine there's quite a bit more to be mined yet, so keep your eyes peeled.

dust.

Noob
yo everybody. i was just talking to REO on his profile wall and he said word on the street was batman is getting a big nerf next week with the lobo dlc. he says he thinks we will only be able to use 3 bats. no longer will we be able to use 2 or 1
Ugh no way... then they better tone down Aquaman's trait too.