What's new

Question I'm currently playing nightwolf and I fail to see 'why he is bad'

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
My friend FOREVER SWAGG on xbox live plays an extremely good Nightwolf. He has been using him kind of early since the beginning of MK9 and he has all the match-ups down great with him. Sometimes it is even hard for me to beat his Nightwolf with characters like Kung Lao/Sonya/Cyrax. Nightwolf is not a bad character at all. Great anti-airs, his reflect and EX reflect work nice in some match-ups, his arrow on hit gives enough frame advantage for mix-ups, full-screen armored attack, his EX thunder traps obviously aren't guaranteed but you can catch people off guard with them sometimes. I'm not saying Nightwolf is godlike, but he definitely is underrated compared to the things I hear alot of people say about him. If they just made his F+3 a low and his F+2 an overhead so the character actually had mix-ups, and made his arrow had better recovery for zoning, he would be deadly

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
L0rdoftheFLY

Can't you armor through every part of NW's F314? Doesn't this mean that if your character has good armor, there is no guessing game to begin with because its a win win of -13 on block and just armoring through? Just wanted some light shed on this to confirm the turd factor of NW.
yes you can armor through f31...but not after that. and f312 is 0 on block and knockdown on hit. that is the only string you can interrupt. If I do f3 axe I can stuff your armor giving you meter drain potentially or me a combo. Its like jax f413 but the whole isnt as large

Flagg

Noob
Pretty sure I saw a video with one of the Chileans showing that NW has some combos ending in shoulder that you can immediately use a D3 or F3 to keep the opponent standing? The window for it is ridiculously tiny if I recall.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My friend FOREVER SWAGG on xbox live plays an extremely good Nightwolf. He has been using him kind of early since the beginning of MK9 and he has all the match-ups down great with him. Sometimes it is even hard for me to beat his Nightwolf with characters like Kung Lao/Sonya/Cyrax. Nightwolf is not a bad character at all. Great anti-airs, his reflect and EX reflect work nice in some match-ups, his arrow on hit gives enough frame advantage for mix-ups, full-screen armored attack, his EX thunder traps obviously aren't guaranteed but you can catch people off guard with them sometimes. I'm not saying Nightwolf is godlike, but he definitely is underrated compared to the things I hear alot of people say about him. If they just made his F+3 a low and his F+2 an overhead so the character actually had mix-ups, and made his arrow had better recovery for zoning, he would be deadly
This is respectful.

but king...LBSH. you should body him with Sonya. all you have to do is d4, uppercut, and armor. he cant touch you lol. Lao you know I like with NW and Cyrax is a turtle fest for NW and he has to use eh reflect to maintain life lead. Its the top top characters like kenshi, kabal, freddy, sonya, that are all 8-2, 7-3. against everyone else he does fine. You can over come 6-4 MU every day with NW.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Pretty sure I saw a video with one of the Chileans showing that NW has some combos ending in shoulder that you can immediately use a D3 or F3 to keep the opponent standing? The window for it is ridiculously tiny if I recall.
I just tested this and it only works so far off of a naked shoulder in the corner. Or off an unlaunched string into shoulder. like 122 shoulder f31 shoulder. I cant get a big combo to OTG in the corner and the shoulder puts you too far away to so anything midscreen.

nice man.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This is respectful.

but king...LBSH. you should body him with Sonya. all you have to do is d4, uppercut, and armor. he cant touch you lol. Lao you know I like with NW and Cyrax is a turtle fest for NW and he has to use eh reflect to maintain life lead. Its the top top characters like kenshi, kabal, freddy, sonya, that are all 8-2, 7-3. against everyone else he does fine. You can over come 6-4 MU every day with NW.
Yeah I always beat him more lol. But he can pull out sometimes. I still think Nightwolf would be awesome if his F+3 was a low, F+2 was an overhead, and arrow had less recovery. That might actually make him viable for consistent tournament top 8's

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah I always beat him more lol. But he can pull out sometimes. I still think Nightwolf would be awesome if his F+3 was a low, F+2 was an overhead, and arrow had less recovery. That might actually make him viable for consistent tournament top 8's
agreed...That would make me so happy. I also always wished axe and eh axe was unbreakable.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i think aswell if his f2 was as fast as sektors and ex axe was +5 on block with no pushback he'd be really solid.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
i think aswell if his f2 was as fast as sektors and ex axe was +5 on block with no pushback he'd be really solid.
Sektors F2 is +6. Nw can go get a cup of coffee and still get an ex lighting. I dont think it needs to be faster, but a true mid would be awesome.

Ex axe + would be awesome though. And doesnt seem op at all.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Sektors F2 is +6. Nw can go get a cup of coffee and still get an ex lighting. I dont think it needs to be faster, but a true mid would be awesome.

Ex axe + would be awesome though. And doesnt seem op at all.
id take the speed of sektors f2 over the hit advantage of nw's everyday of the week,im not hitting anyone with nw's f2 unless im starting the round/match with it and even then its a one off gimmic.yeah ex axe +5 on block would at least give nw options for pressure,its a shame how bad they fucked the character considering his design,strings and specials had the potential to be really good.it makes no sense whatsoever to create a character that isnt at any advantage after anything he does ever.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
id take the speed of sektors f2 over the hit advantage of nw's everyday of the week,im not hitting anyone with nw's f2 unless im starting the round/match with it and even then its a one off gimmic.yeah ex axe +5 on block would at least give nw options for pressure,its a shame how bad they fucked the character considering his design,strings and specials had the potential to be really good.it makes no sense whatsoever to create a character that isnt at any advantage after anything he does ever.
Id take the mid over the speed. User preference. Lol. And yes, advantage somewhere would be nice

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Because at the distance i use it, they are already ducking a potential shoulder. Sure ill take overhead, im just trying not to be greedy. :)
yeah but with it being so slow it being a mid wouldnt make much difference,if their ducking and blocking what is a slow moving forward mid going to do? nothing.now if it had the speed of sektors f2 you could keep them on their toes with a guessing game as soon as you get just inside jump distance.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
They should change his name to Tombstone in MK10 and make him broken as hell

He should also say CAN'T STOP TOMBSTONE because reasons
Oh once he gets his true low, fast overhead and dash cancelable lightning, he's gonna wreck people's faces in MK10

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh once he gets his true low, fast overhead and dash cancelable lightning, he's gonna wreck people's faces in MK10
he should become a zombie now and for his intro he should come out the ground and get hit by that ancestor lightning to get all super charged

he should also have a command grab that links in different ways for different buffs, like damage, health, and chip.

#originalcharacter

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
he should become a zombie now and for his intro he should come out the ground and get hit by that ancestor lightning to get all super charged

he should also have a command grab that links in different ways for different buffs, like damage, health, and chip.

#originalcharacter
And inescapable lightning resets that do over 100% dmg. He should also have a move that instantly kills the opponent. RAWR!!!

Reactions: RYX