What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
or it could just be fixing the fact she can MB the bola with no meter, wont know till whenever patch happens i guess
Yah, but even then MB bola isn't rurally useful anyway. Her strings are already punishable on block (unless followed by a bf3 to make it +1). There really isn't a need to nerf her at all. Same way I don't think scorpion needs a nerf. The only nerf so far that I've agreed with is the nerf of aquaman's trait and making supe's breath 0 on block.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I'm not saying that the nerf is fair (it isn't) but if Boon wanted to nerf something, then that would be the only thing that would make sense
Not really. She's already a low damage character that has to burn like two meters todo any real damage unless in the corner.
Her mixups to me is all she really has.
Unlike characters like Shazam who can do all sorts of mind games once he's in...and remove a large amount of health doing so.
Can we get rid of that damn Superman blockstring then.?

11u2d1/3 is a ridiculously good combination in the corner lol. Do the forward kick +frames on block/50 percent on hit, overhead barely punishable on block. Such strong corner pressure

Also, if you get a hard knockdown in the corner, 11u2 will corpsehop and you can almost meaty.

A corner gimmick ender that I haven't seen anyone else do yet is ending your corner combos with db3,1 which will whiff and crossup leading to a meaty overhead. Hits every time

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
11u2d1/3 is a ridiculously good combination in the corner lol. Do the forward kick +frames on block/50 percent on hit, overhead barely punishable on block. Such strong corner pressure

Also, if you get a hard knockdown in the corner, 11u2 will corpsehop and you can almost meaty.

A corner gimmick ender that I haven't seen anyone else do yet is ending your corner combos with db3,1 which will whiff and crossup leading to a meaty overhead. Hits every time
I think you mean b2 not u2. Also, that string you listed is not 50/50 because it can be guarded everytime by guarding high-low. In the corner, batgirl can get 50%+ so there's no need to waste this so you can get a crossup. Still nice to see what all the options are.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I think you mean b2 not u2. Also, that string you listed is not 50/50 because it can be guarded everytime by guarding high-low. In the corner, batgirl can get 50%+ so there's no need to waste this so you can get a crossup. Still nice to see what all the options are.
He means U2, 11B2 isn't anything.

He didn't say it's a 50/50, he said 11U23 is +1 on block and you get 50% damage on hit. However, it does a little less damage than her F2 starter, and it's a high string, so it's incredibly risky to throw out 11U2 since you'll have no safe options if they end up crouch blocking it. There might be enough time to confirm they're standing before doing U2, I'm not sure.

The DB3, 1 ender only nerfs your combo damage by ~3% to give you the crossup, but like he said, it is a gimmick. Probably won't work more than once. I love gimmicks, though.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Yeah nevermind what I said about the high ender, as long as you tag them with a mid first they'll be in a fuzzy guard.

Anyone find a use for db3 2? I dont think ive EVER hit someone with that move. horrib

Also another good mixup I've found is when youre doing the max damage midscreen shit, end with 212 into db3 1 instead of batwheelup.
Press it early and cross up, late it won't.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Anyone find a use for db3 2? I dont think ive EVER hit someone with that move. horrib

Also another good mixup I've found is when youre doing the max damage midscreen shit, end with 212 into db3 1 instead of batwheelup.
Press it early and cross up, late it won't.
It's good against Jokers who love to start with a ji3. That's about it really.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So what do you do when you are midscreen/fullscreen?

Whenever I am there I just chuck bats and hope for a smoke bomb to hit. I really have no idea what to do.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So what do you do when you are midscreen/fullscreen?

Whenever I am there I just chuck bats and hope for a smoke bomb to hit. I really have no idea what to do.
If I need to approach, I go for bolo canceled into forward dash and try and bait a jump (then smoke bomb). When they're in cartwheel range I try and poke with that, or I try poke with b1. When you're near enough, against characters with shitty aa you can go for ji2, 111, bf3. The timing is tight, but if it's blocked you're left at +1. If it's not blocked you can MB the bf3 on hit and continue with b2u3, d2~bf1,ji2,111 for more vortex.

Celerity

Lab Monster
If I need to approach, I go for bolo canceled into forward dash and try and bait a jump (then smoke bomb). When they're in cartwheel range I try and poke with that, or I try poke with b1. When you're near enough, against characters with shitty aa you can go for ji2, 111, bf3. The timing is tight, but if it's blocked you're left at +1. If it's not blocked you can MB the bf3 on hit and continue with b2u3, d2~bf1,ji2,111 for more vortex.
Ever since I learned about J3 being +14-18 on block, I don't use J2 anymore. It's like getting a free vortex every time you jump.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Really? I've gotta start using that :).

One unrelated question, do you ever use ji2 to cross up?
I think J3 has a better crossup hitbox too, but I'm not entirely sure. I never found any good crossup setups from her knockdowns, so it's not something I consciously attempt.

Most of the time, if you're close enough to cross up, it's better to just remain grounded and abuse your pressure.

messing around in training mode looking for new tech. il let you guys borrow these.

The corner crossup is insanely good.

and about crossups on knockdown... do any knockdown, dash in so youre right on top of them and do neutral jump 2 as theyre waking up, will crossup usually (very ambiguous). itl jail so combo into 111 cancelled into dd3.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
messing around in training mode looking for new tech. il let you guys borrow these.

The corner crossup is insanely good.

and about crossups on knockdown... do any knockdown, dash in so youre right on top of them and do neutral jump 2 as theyre waking up, will crossup usually (very ambiguous). itl jail so combo into 111 cancelled into dd3.
Won't the cross up off db31 get punished pretty easily? Especially if you try to go in a slower normal like b1 or b2? I feel like if you ever get someone in the corner with BG you need to keep them there because of her massive damage potential off of a 50-50.

Midscreen crossup into highlow is mostly gimmick. Corner crossup with db3 3 hardknockdown db3 3 crossup meaty highlow is not. Noone is going to block that if they haven't seen it before. It's like the kdz superman crossup

You can't just do the 5050 over and over again sometimes because there are people that can block it pretty consistently hence where other setups need to come into play.