What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How do you guys deal with Nightwing? Seriously, in staff he completely shuts down batgirl. Db2 outzones and so forces an approach. I can't seem to punish it with smoke bomb either. When approaching, flying Grayson destroys aerial approaches. His staff also outranges all our normals and cartwheel (which he can punish for full combo) Maybe it's just my inexperience, but I have no idea what to do against him. It's easily the hardest matchup for me even more so then aquaman. True, I can always cp to my other main hawkgirl, but I wanna see if I can learn to deal with him as batgirl. God he's such a dick.

The way to deal with nightwing and aquaman is to pick another character. I don't even practice those matchups because there's no point when my other character probably beats them

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The way to deal with nightwing and aquaman is to pick another character. I don't even practice those matchups because there's no point when my other character probably beats them
It's just if I lose game 1, cp my other main, hawkgirl, I'll be getting Sinestro in game 3 ._. Ima just pick up Supes instead.

c'mon we're just gonna give up? for me at least I picked batgirl in hopes that she'd be able to deal with everybody. I don't know how long you've been playing but to write off the match up as not worth it after such a short amount of time sounds silly and so discouraging.

I've been putting heavy time into her recently to cover cats bad mu and I don't see any match as impossible with her. She has so many tools I don't see the need for a secondary with her unless you just personaly get lost in a mu.

I've been putting heavy time into her recently to cover cats bad mu and I don't see any match as impossible with her. She has so many tools I don't see the need for a secondary with her unless you just personaly get lost in a mu.
I mean I think there is definitely some on the surface issues going on against nightwing for sure. when I'm blocking his strings I have zero opportunity to respond it seems like. i cant zone him out too well either cause of his insta cast lighting shit while in staff mode... So I don't know just really wish I could see a demonstration : /

I mean I think there is definitely some on the surface issues going on against nightwing for sure. when I'm blocking his strings I have zero opportunity to respond it seems like. i cant zone him out too well either cause of his insta cast lighting shit while in staff mode... So I don't know just really wish I could see a demonstration : /
Yeah I understand, I know she is literally going to have bad mu but not like 7-3 or 8-2 lol

Uh lol I wad kidding but yeah in tournament I'm pickig batgirl on everyone except for aquaman and nightwing (green labtern) and grundy (cyborg)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Midscreen crossup into highlow is mostly gimmick. Corner crossup with db3 3 hardknockdown db3 3 crossup meaty highlow is not. Noone is going to block that if they haven't seen it before. It's like the kdz superman crossup

You can't just do the 5050 over and over again sometimes because there are people that can block it pretty consistently hence where other setups need to come into play.
When I get people into the corner I make them want to curl up in a ball and die

Durango

Enhancer
People tend to low-block a lot against Batgirl. My favorite starter is B2-1 but I just faced a Black Adam who did nothing but turtle me whenever I got close and used spacing to punish. I need a good overhead starter.

People tend to low-block a lot against Batgirl. My favorite starter is B2-1 but I just faced a Black Adam who did nothing but turtle me whenever I got close and used spacing to punish. I need a good overhead starter.
dude b2 is an overhead o.0
b1 is a low

best overhead combo I know is b2,u3,b2,u3,JI2,f21,flying bat (MB),f21,batwheel (hold up at the end) = 41% with a JI2 to start it's 44%

Durango

Enhancer
dude b2 is an overhead o.0
b1 is a low

best overhead combo I know is b2,u3,b2,u3,JI2,f21,flying bat (MB),f21,batwheel (hold up at the end) = 41% with a JI2 to start it's 44%
That is a really hard combo to learn. I keep doing Batwheel when I'm supposed to do Flying Bat and MB won't come out on Flying Bat sometimes.

That is a really hard combo to learn. I keep doing Batwheel when I'm supposed to do Flying Bat and MB won't come out on Flying Bat sometimes.
alright lemme break it down

b2, u3, b2, u3 (for this to work wait for her fist to be fully extended in the air before you press b2, u3 again)

for the jump in you go forward jump then press 2

when your foot connects you can now input f23 while still in the air! and as you land it just automatically does it

as the f23 animation draws to a close flying bat

as soon as the flying bat animation begins hold down the meter burn button

now wait til the enemy falls towards around eye level height and input f23

as that animation nears the end do a batwheel then hold up

(best advice is just to calm yourself and take it one step at a time. this wont work if you try to do it really quickly. be patient ;)

Durango

Enhancer

b2, u3, b2, u3 (for this to work wait for her fist to be fully extended in the air before you press b2, u3 again)

when your foot connects you can now input f23 while still in the air! and as you land it just automatically does it

(best advice is just to calm yourself and take it one step at a time. this wont work if you try to do it really quickly. be patient ;)
I got it now. Thank you very much for bearing with me. It's taking a while, but I'm getting there. I got the combo down, and it does a LOT more damage than the old B2D3 one I had.

I got it now. Thank you very much for bearing with me. It's taking a while, but I'm getting there. I got the combo down, and it does a LOT more damage than the old B2D3 one I had.
yeah totally man glad I could help. getting these down takes time and even when you think you "got it" it takes even more practice to then be able to do it in an actual match : D

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

That is really helpful. Wish I had this when I was starting out. I think you can get the same combo starting from b12 instead of b2u3 but for slightly less damage.

It's important to know these combos against aquaman cause he can always trait out of our vortex.

That is really helpful. Wish I had this when I was starting out. I think you can get the same combo starting from b12 instead of b2u3 but for slightly less damage.

It's important to know these combos against aquaman cause he can always trait out of our vortex.
yep you can except there's no JI2. winds up being 37% but it's pretty tough to connect a 2nd b2,u3 :/ for 36% you can drop the 2nd b2,u3 and replace it with a f2 instead though ^_-

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Why don't I see b2d3 being used more? It's overhead low and special cancellable.
It has shitty range and can be fuzzy blocked. If you wanna go for the low, you might as well go for the b12. If you wanna go for the overhead you might as well go for b2u3.

Occasionally in vortex I'll mix it up with b2d3~bf3(MB), b3, j3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111. It gets people off guard. But if I play them often or they know, they sometimes fuzzy guard. This is where hit confirming b2 would be amazing.

Instead of 111, I'm pretty sure you can use b2d3 as well as it leaves you at +frames. (ie. ji2, b2d3). But 111 is so much easier to mash out.

It has shitty range and can be fuzzy blocked. If you wanna go for the low, you might as well go for the b12. If you wanna go for the overhead you might as well go for b2u3.

Occasionally in vortex I'll mix it up with b2d3~bf3(MB), b3, j3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111. It gets people off guard. But if I play them often or they know, they sometimes fuzzy guard. This is where hit confirming b2 would be amazing.

Instead of 111, I'm pretty sure you can use b2d3 as well as it leaves you at +frames. (ie. ji2, b2d3). But 111 is so much easier to mash out.
Yeah but b2 u3 when blocked, you are finished. B2 d3 at least you can throw out a cartwheels or something if you want.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah but b2 u3 when blocked, you are finished. B2 d3 at least you can throw out a cartwheels or something if you want.
True, it's just it requires meter whereas b2u3 doesn't. Her meterless vortex is her strongest trait (that and her corner game, full screen tele and chip damage)

Durango

Enhancer
Batgirl's matchup on Deathstroke? Can't trade long range, jumping spinning slice beats everything she does, Deathstroke >> Batgirl's cartwheels, cartwheel is unreliable with no invincibility frames on wakeup, Deathstroke completely outzones batgirl with his sword, can keep her cartwheel at bay by shooting her.

Batgirl's matchup on Deathstroke? Can't trade long range, jumping spinning slice beats everything she does, Deathstroke >> Batgirl's cartwheels, cartwheel is unreliable with no invincibility frames on wakeup, Deathstroke completely outzones batgirl with his sword, can keep her cartwheel at bay by shooting her.
Deathstroke shouldn't be able to zone her at a distance with her teleport. You are probably playing online and can't react fast enough.

True, it's just it requires meter whereas b2u3 doesn't. Her meterless vortex is her strongest trait (that and her corner game, full screen tele and chip damage)
You are right. I'm not saying only use b2d3 I just mean using it in her mix ups will keep them off guard.