What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Durango

Enhancer
Deathstroke shouldn't be able to zone her at a distance with her teleport. You are probably playing online and can't react fast enough.
Yeah, online for sure. My teleport is what's keeping me alive because he outzones everything else I do with low kicks and sword swipes.

Deathstroke shouldn't be able to zone her at a distance with her teleport. You are probably playing online and can't react fast enough.
you can't reactionary teleport in response to his pistols. I think if he uses the machine gun you might be able to react to that though. but yeah otherwise block low, dash forward, block low again, rinse repeat. once you get in close the rest is up to you!

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
can someone explain the batgirl patch note "You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of Bab's Bola (Back+Forward+1)"
does this mean you have to use meter to snare them now?

can someone explain the batgirl patch note "You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of Bab's Bola (Back+Forward+1)"
does this mean you have to use meter to snare them now?
MB version of that move didn't use a meter prior to the patch, now it does. y'know when you meterburn it they get knocked into the air?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The patch notes include some of the hotfix notes. The meterless Bola pop up was fixed last week.
Nah it wasn't actually. If you go in training mode and try it, you will still be able to MB the bolo without meter. Why you would want to MB it however is beyond me... unless you're versing an aquaman and he traits in bolo; you could probably pop him up and get more damage.

Does MB bolo scale the same as non-MB bolo?

Durango

Enhancer
Deathstroke is HARD for Batgirl. He can zone her easily with his guns and his sword up-spin slice can't be punished on block.

Catwoman is also hard because she can combo Batgirl (or just reach her) using her dash move or her whip. It's hard to get Catwoman off of you with her combo pressure from a distance.

Deathstroke is HARD for Batgirl. He can zone her easily with his guns and his sword up-spin slice can't be punished on block.

Catwoman is also hard because she can combo Batgirl (or just reach her) using her dash move or her whip. It's hard to get Catwoman off of you with her combo pressure from a distance.
you sure about his sword spin? everytime someone does that and I block it I can always punish with an overhead combo. of course that could be just them not playing well too : P

as for catwoman I'm not sure yet. Haven't had any games feel like they were too too hard.

if you wanna talk about a hard matchup though talk about nightwing in staff mode ; )

Durango

Enhancer
you sure about his sword spin? everytime someone does that and I block it I can always punish with an overhead combo. of course that could be just them not playing well too : P

as for catwoman I'm not sure yet. Haven't had any games feel like they were too too hard.

if you wanna talk about a hard matchup though talk about nightwing in staff mode ; )
The overhead (B2U3) has pretty short range, or at least in my experience. If it works, I'll give it a shot.

Pretty sure sword spin is safe. Sword flip on the other hand is hella punishable. I get a full vortex off that shiz.
ah my bad I totally forgot about his little standing twirl that he does : o my apologies ^^ but yeah his spin flip that was the one I was doing overhead combos against ^^

Durango

Enhancer
I need new approach options as Batgirl. Walking up to, or jump 2 at someone, and doing B12 or B2U3 isn't working. They block and predict it. How else can I "get in" with Batgirl?

This is especially problematic against two types of people: zoners and uppercutters. Against zoners (Aquaman, Catwoman, Sinestro), they keep all of my attacks at bay. And against uppercutters, they're safe on block. Attempting to punish with B2 is suicide.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What are some of her worst MUs? And why in particular? She seems to be fitted for any adversary....

Celerity

Lab Monster
What are some of her worst MUs? And why in particular? She seems to be fitted for any adversary....
Characters who have safe pokes outside of her range and a lot of tools to keep her out without leaving many openings for Smoke Bomb. Characters who can punish you hard for jumping. Superman, Nightwing, Catwoman. Aquaman is her worst matchup by far because his trait nullifies her vortex and his normals shut her down from every angle.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Characters who have safe pokes outside of her range and a lot of tools to keep her out without leaving many openings for Smoke Bomb. Characters who can punish you hard for jumping. Superman, Nightwing, Catwoman. Aquaman is her worst matchup by far because his trait nullifies her vortex and his normals shut her down from every angle.
I see. Theorycrafting, I woulda said Doomsday could pose problems...or at least a traited Doomy.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I see. Theorycrafting, I woulda said Doomsday could pose problems...or at least a traited Doomy.
Not really, cartwheel knocks through most of his armour and it doesn't really pose a problem.

As for aquaman, he is definitely an uphill battle. When I see aquaman I usually just go for my secondary because that match up just sucks. No approaches, no zoning, no vortex, no block strings; he shuts down all her options. Nightwing poses a similaruwt problem in staff stance. That ground pound out zones us and his godlike pokes reach out too far for us to combat them. Not to mention that flying Grayson which just shuts down all aerial approaches. At least she can out-lame him on something like ferris or watch tower though.

Upset with my batgirl play last night was way too impatient, dropped combos (blame no sound on the monitor lol) and eventually just got mindfucked and started sitting there doing nothing.
Played good with her in offstream matches though

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Upset with my batgirl play last night was way too impatient, dropped combos (blame no sound on the monitor lol) and eventually just got mindfucked and started sitting there doing nothing.
Played good with her in offstream matches though
What stream? Is it recorded? I had to work all day and missed it. Got the weekend off for some EVO viewing though :)