What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Batgirls biggest weakness is her opponent mashing down1.

By far

Her down1 sucks, she has no range. Her strings are molasses. gets mashed out easily

You have to cancel your jump in into teleport once in a while just to check them into not mashing.

She is def one or the best chars on wakeup tho.

Batwheel: invincible, vrtually unpunishable on block (low ender), high low mixup... You basically have to hard read this move to beat it by jumping which brings me to the next move...

Flying bat: sf style invincible uppercut that leads to a free vortex on ex.

It's unfortunate that noone well known is playing her yet. I'm gunna try to run her 100% tomorrow at nlbc and see what happens

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
She is def one or the best chars on wakeup tho.

Batwheel: invincible, vrtually unpunishable on block (low ender), high low mixup... You basically have to hard read this move to beat it by jumping which brings me to the next move...

Flying bat: sf style invincible uppercut that leads to a free vortex on ex.

It's unfortunate that noone well known is playing her yet. I'm gunna try to run her 100% tomorrow at nlbc and see what happens
Plenty of great players are already playing her, trust me :)

Jellal

Noob
Ok so I just brought Batgirl today an so far she is pretty fun, right now I'm trying to figure out how should I play her at mid range or even upclose also are there any notable Batgirl players or really good Batgirl players? I like to watch how others play her at a decent/high level.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
she is very new so high level batgirl play has yet to be determined. Maximillian ran a week of batgirl. it was good for basics. im sure come evo people will be using her.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
where? he said that

edit: i saw the tweet wow her teleport is super unsafe on block. wow

I plan on running her tomorrow at a local tournament. First time playing offline with her and the game in general, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

where? he said that
http://testyourmight.com/threads/latest-ed-boon-tweets-might-reveal-future-changes-for-scorpion-and-possibly-batgirl.33920/

Either way, it's not that big of deal considering NRS patches the game 500 times in its life cycle. However, I just really enjoy Babs how she is now. In actuality, I don't care either way if she or any other character gets nerfed/buffed because I'm just having fun playing the game regardless of where characters fall on a tier list. Tired of the endless cycle of patching lol.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Do you guys think Batgirl will get an alternate. I'd be happy even for 1 but they didn't make any in MK9.

On that note. IMO Batgirl is the hardest character for me execution wise. Topping Lobo.

I play on alt control and I just can't consistently d.2 into bola.

Hell I use Mangeto, Morrigan, Dorm on Marvel and I don't have much this much trouble with them.

What are good Batgirl anti-airs?
It really depends because anti airs kinda blow in this game overall. I'd say her D2 is decent and pretty fast considering. Her flying bat is good too, but her hitbox is kinda weird sometimes and trades quite a bit IMO. I'd say D2 because it leads into a vortex opportunity without burning a bar.

Also, if they aren't right over top of you Batwheel does a suprisingly good job at anti airing. There has been a handful of instances where I've hit DD out of his body splash and a bunch of other characters jump ins.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
only on vortex resets she can otherwise second bola knocks down. her rising bat or whatever is pretty good. it trades with doomsday dive bombs so it must be pretty good on jump ins?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Do you guys think Batgirl will get an alternate. I'd be happy even for 1 but they didn't make any in MK9.

On that note. IMO Batgirl is the hardest character for me execution wise. Topping Lobo.

I play on alt control and I just can't consistently d.2 into bola.

Hell I use Mangeto, Morrigan, Dorm on Marvel and I don't have much this much trouble with them.
Make sure you've switched off release check. Helped me tonnes with getting combos out.

What is there to nerf about Batgirl?
I often get wrecked by her and I have no complaints lol.
I guess they could make her high/low strings more unsafe on block, but other than that Idk what they could do. Batgirl doesn't get a lot of damage in general so the bola mixups seem far to me #biased