What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
One thing about Aquaman is that his one TRULY bad matchup (the rest can be argued, whatever) Black Adam got some pretty heavy nerfs. That makes him even more dangerous. We will have to see how it plays out. Characters I am worried about being a little too good are Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, MMH and Aquaman (two of which are my main characters), but we will have to see how it all plays out. Overall I am happy with what I read though, this could be pretty awesome.

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
I wish they had done atleast a little bit more for Cyborg other than just technical fixes and fixing his trait; but hey atleast he didn't get any nerfs I suppose.

I'm really surprised about Supes though; I figured he'd be nerfed to death, but so far it seems the changes won't be too bad. I wish that they were a little more in detail about "Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack," but I suppose the frame data will be available soon enough.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They didn't listen to the community if they did we would of got faster walkspeed (footsies)
The was the #1 most requested thing I'm pretty sure.

No matter how much people want it, it's just not a viable thing to change via a patch.
Especially not a patch created in 3 months, it would take months and months to test everything out, and change every single special and normal to fit with the new walk speed.

astronout

see you at the top.
Really? So it's wrong to ridicule someone who only wants to "invest time" when it is easy to win? Someone that runs away from an even match is a coward--or at the least is very concerned about being exposed as mediocre. #quitter
you believe Rico's road to becoming the undisputed best Black Adam player was easy? you don't believe that if he continued to play, his reign as the best BA player would continue? what about when he won numerous times with his secondary, Aquaman? Was he a mediocre player then? I believe that most of you have lost sight of what games are supposed to be first and foremost - fun. if Rico isn't having fun with the game, why should he feel obliged to play it? because if he doesn't, unnamed, anonymous faces that haven't contributed anything noteworthy to the Injustice community will ridicule his decision? That doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Really? So it's wrong to ridicule someone who only wants to "invest time" when it is easy to win? Someone that runs away from an even match is a coward--or at the least is very concerned about being exposed as mediocre. #quitter
Oh look. A couch potato who has never been to a tournament sitting on his couch and criticizing the best BA in the world.

Man you freeer than the free toys you get with cereal

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
and that's why the community keeps asking for the long all waited universal walk speed.
But it is not practical to implement in a patch.... that is my point. i personally am against the change, I like the commitment requirements in the game, but I mean if it happens its all good. It is just preference.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
But it is not practical to implement in a patch.... that is my point. i personally am against the change, I like the commitment requirements in the game, but I mean if it happens its all good. It is just preference.
Its not about commitment, it'll make things like spacing, poking and baiting much more relevant. As it is right now very few characters can actually play a poking game coz they either have good dashes, long reaching normals, or safe specials. Some had all of those (BA) which is what made him an amazing whiff punisher and pressure character. The threat from whiffing something exists and you kinda have to play a spacing game to try to get something started.
Most characters in injustice however dont have that and have to be in kissing range just to start anything, with better walkspeed it wouldve gave them a chance to play footsies and get closer. Using the mindgame that if the opponent tried to throw a limb out you can walk back and make it whiff then punish them for it.
This doesnt exist right now for most of the cast as the limb will still tag you coz of the shitty walkspeeds. Plus it flat out gives the edge for the characters that do have insane limbs like Supes, GL and BA. Better walkspeeds wouldve given the rest of the cast a universal option to help against those in a sense.
It'll also help a ton against the zoning in this game as walking in+ blocking would actually be viable as opposed to having to commit to a dash and risk getting hit just to slightly close the distance.

It wouldve changed the game yes, but it wouldve changed it for the better. These kind of buffs eliminate the brainless-ness and force people to actually think as opposed to just doing shit.
Just like how the anti-air buff made people stop jumping around like morons and actually think about when and where they should jump. This wouldve done the same thing but with the ground game where people wouldve needed to know their spacing and try to outsmart the opponent to get something going as opposed to just doing shit coz they know it'll connect anyway as everyone moves in molasses speed.
Seems like most people that play this game dont wanna do that and just want to derp mindlessly though so I can see why they wouldnt want this to happen.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I like this but then again I really kinda don't and there is no doubt shazam is gonna be good now. B23 launching is gonna be gawdlike

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All I got to say is this patch has to be the second best DC comics videogame thing to happen to me all day.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
3.) Can I punish lift from max distance with slide?
You should be able to on reversal, unless slide doesn't go far enough forward. Lift at max range is often punishable by something, except for maybe a small number of characters...though often it's a reversal special.

This is wrong.

Mbb3/f3 will always do 50% more damage just the move not the entire combo (cause that would be broken)

If you hit me during the mbb3/f3 (during my armor) i take 50% less damage from that move that hit my armor.
That's pretty huge. It means you can MBDC (FADC) though interactables without taking the full damage like before, and for a bigger punish or pressure. The bounce cancel may even be more useful now than before as well. Just what I wanted. :D Zoidberg747

Add to the fact that MB and interactable is now 2 bars (very smart move by NRS) that's frigging awesome.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Do you know how hard that would be to implement? It would literally change EVERYTHING. Just not practical. Footsies are weird in this game with a lot more commitment than other games. It is just how it is.
This. Improved walkspeed would alter a lot of match-ups, possibly even making bad match-ups worse. If this is the last patch, any damage done by the change would be permanent. Not worth risking, NRS did the right thing.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The player 2 random stage change means there's no reason we cannot use random stage as the tournament standard. The arguement before was we couldn't use player 2's randomly chosen stage because it only selected the first floor of a stage. Now it's a true random.

Tournament standard should either be both players select what player 2 gets or double random and 50/50 decides.

I personally like double random because the 50/50 is hype.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
LoL players say "Cry me a river." Just saying.
Has it not?

Example when game came out there were no aas, hated it but adapted and learn to jump and jump after a few patch they buffed aas now i get destroyed if i do etc etc.