What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm actually ok with the 2 bars thing, and I like the MB b/f3 changes.

But fuck, we're still gonna be meandering around and this will always be a world of dashing to get anywhere.

Bladam got rocked hard and Superman...well, we'll have to see how those notes translate to the game. Hopefully, f2 just doesn't cover that much ground and he only does like 50% tops in the corner.

45% tops...

I'm fucking BENT out of shape about Zod having his d1 and d12 hard knockdowns taken away. I mean, it didn't really make sense, but those were my go-to combo enders when I wanted to get a good wraith setup. I hope his wraith mixups (421~db2 or 421~d4) still work, and I hope he takes all of Kal-El's f2 hitbox power and puts it into his f2.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
as I said before, is easy to say that when you are only fighting bad GL players. a good green lantern blocks right away after his b1 and that's not punishible. You have no proof what so ever and I already tried the d1 and if the lantern knows how to block you are done. Also b1 easily punished? pathethic, seriously I'm not gonna bother with some one who only talks crap.
No one is going to do B+1, then block, though. It's -9, which means it's punishable by everyone's D+1. Every single GL worth a salt is going to follow it up, which makes it safe. If someone can't punish a -9, they are too slow.

GL unfavorable MU's

1.Superman
2.Raven
3.Sinestro
4.Deathstroke
5.Zod
6.Cyborg
7.Batman (slightly in his favor)
8.Batgirl
9.Martian Manhunter (debatable but definitely has to be played a certain way by GL)
thats 9 and ive heard some Zatanna players say she mops up lantern and shes getting buffed lol

this is a classic example of someone making the mistake of confusing character math up results with player results
Edit: or maybe he is just a bit retarded
I have been using gl since day one and the only ones I agree with there are Batgirl and cyborg and maybe deathstroke

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
this is a classic example of someone making the mistake of confusing character math up results with player results

I have been using gl since day one and the only ones I agree with there are Batgirl and cyborg and maybe deathstroke
elaborate please? most of those are agreed upon in the GL forums.
also people thinking the raven MU is even baffles me but i guess there arent that many raven players

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Still kinda sucks that we can not change our buttons @ character select online. But w/e. I am happy with the notes thus far.

ando1184

Noob
how should he get in then? explain me pls, because lantern still has his b1 and batman still has his j2. How superman would get in if f2 is a high? he doesn't have a single good standing overhead and 1 already is a high, 2 is 10 frames and slow a shit so how he should get in?

Just like Wonder Woman, use your air dash because it's a great tool.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Goodbye my new batman combos of 60% with one bar...
I must say that aquaman nerfs is a joke.
I was expected an improvement in walk speed but well.. online instant rematch is cool

elaborate please? most of those are agreed upon in the GL forums.
also people thinking the raven MU is even baffles me but i guess there arent that many raven players

"Player" in this instance means you. I am saying you are definitely not playing these match ups right and blaming it on the character.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
"Player" in this instance means you. I am saying you are definitely not playing these match ups right and blaming it on the character.
truth be told i beat most of the deathstrokes i play, batman i win a little more than i lose..im not saying these are bad because i cant win them, they are bad because of the situations those characters can put GL in, the tools they have pitted against the tools he has, and their strengths being able to exploit his weaknesses.