What's new

If you could bring back one or more klassic moves to your main(s) from MK1-10? List them moves!

Yes you're right, Jacqui does have it too. But how many times do I have to say it? Jax still has his dash punch. He has dash punches. So what if 4 in f3,4 whiffs over crouching opponents, that doesn't disqualify it from being a dash punch. His super also whiffs over crouching opponents and it's still a dash punch. It's the same move. He moves forward with his back hand doing the punching. The only thing they did was not classify it as a special move. I'd consider that a good thing. That means they can't take it away with a variation.

I'm not going to argue him no longer having the downward dash punch. That's definitely not in the game.

I'm not sure who else they could make that kind of change to. They kinda did it to other characters. They did change Kano's command grab from mk3 to just his forward grab. Baraka's throat slash move from mk2 is now a normal...2 I think? But that was like f+HP in the old games. So baraka is probably the closest thing I can think of to what they did to Jax.
Bro omg it’s not the same lmao what is this “jacqui has it too” she HAS it. We are talking about iconic moves not a watered down derivative of it. Go pop in mk9, mk3 whatever look at those dash punches, now compare to the “dash punches” he has now. At this point Im convinced you’re trolling. Multiple people have been agreeing with me and chiming in I don’t know how you can think what he has compares to his og dash punch or can even suffice. It whiffing is HUGE, you get d2 kb’d for attempting the string version. Why do you think it’s never used ever? And please please for the last time a move you can only do on low health and once after it hits is not the same as a move you could do whenever you wanted! Not as part of a string, not when your health was low, whenever you wanted!! If you’re trolling me you got me cuz jax has been my favorite character for years, put some respek on his name!!! I ain’t gonna tell you no mo!!!! :mad:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Bro omg it’s not the same lmao what is this “jacqui has it too” she HAS it. We are talking about iconic moves not a watered down derivative of it. Go pop in mk9, mk3 whatever look at those dash punches, now compare to the “dash punches” he has now. At this point Im convinced you’re trolling. Multiple people have been agreeing with me and chiming in I don’t know how you can think what he has compares to his og dash punch or can even suffice. It whiffing is HUGE, you get d2 kb’d for attempting the string version. Why do you think it’s never used ever? And please please for the last time a move you can only do on low health and once after it hits is not the same as a move you could do whenever you wanted! Not as part of a string, not when your health was low, whenever you wanted!! If you’re trolling me you got me cuz jax has been my favorite character for years, put some respek on his name!!! I ain’t gonna tell you no mo!!!! :mad:
Not trolling, but it's definitely in the game. Ja-respek-x has two dash punches. It's hard for me to say it's not in the game when he's quite literally doing the motion in his fatal blow and in f3,4. It's in the game as not a "special move" but it's in the game.

Not trolling, but it's definitely in the game. Ja-respek-x has two dash punches. It's hard for me to say it's not in the game when he's quite literally doing the motion in his fatal blow and in f3,4. It's in the game as not a "special move" but it's in the game.
its not in the game those are derivatives of the move, they originated from the special but its not the move. Therefore it is not in the game, derivatives of it are in the game, there is a difference.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
does the community abhor this character so much that they don't even want him having his signature moves?
Jax mains don't want a one time use dash punch, or a dash punch connected to some junk useless string, we want his special move back. It's not hard to comprehend.
If anything he needs the punch so much more than his fugly daughter does, with his lack of a half screen mid and his inability to fly across the screen.

craftycheese

does the community abhor this character so much that they don't even want him having his signature moves?
Jax mains don't want a one time use dash punch, or a dash punch connected to some junk useless string, we want his special move back. It's not hard to comprehend.
If anything he needs the punch so much more than his fugly daughter does, with his lack of a half screen mid and his inability to fly across the screen.
I don't hate this character, I just think it's wrong to say he doesn't have the move at all. It's definitely not the same as it used to be but it's a dash punch.

Is the string that useless? I always tried to find a way to use some of the string when I did my one KL season with Jax. I know it ends as a high and is plus, but whiffs when they're crouching. Isn't f3 still like a +1 on block mid? As a Kano player, that's one of our better moves.

Denny

Noob
For Kitana I'd want the Fan Swipes.
For Jade I'd want MB Glow except it wouldn't be Super Armor, it would simply be instant Glow, 1f.
For Noob I'd want portals because I think they are cool.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I don't hate this character, I just think it's wrong to say he doesn't have the move at all. It's definitely not the same as it used to be but it's a dash punch.

Is the string that useless? I always tried to find a way to use some of the string when I did my one KL season with Jax. I know it ends as a high and is plus, but whiffs when they're crouching. Isn't f3 still like a +1 on block mid? As a Kano player, that's one of our better moves.
it's plus yeah. The string though is completely unusable, even if you conditioned them to block, it's still going to whiff because WHY would they stand block.
It's useful but remember +1 still nets you a trade with 6f pokes, and with the recent buffer window it's even harder to frame trap with d1.

craftycheese

it's plus yeah. The string though is completely unusable, even if you conditioned them to block, it's still going to whiff because WHY would they stand block.
It's useful but remember +1 still nets you a trade with 6f pokes, and with the recent buffer window it's even harder to frame trap with d1.
I don't trade to often with Kano, but we also have the luxury of f1,2,b2 as being useful...most of the time.

Plop

Noob
Baraka - The blade spin from MKDC that allows for a follow up. Also, blade charge should be base.

Kano's normal upball would be nice too