What's new

If you could bring back one or more klassic moves to your main(s) from MK1-10? List them moves!

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I don’t understand why you are comparing his og dash punch to those two things. The one in the string doesn’t travel as far at all and can only be done from a string. The fatal blow can only be used when you have low health and once you use it up thats it. How can you compare a special move you can use on demand to a move you can only use situationally? And even when done from the string if opponent crouches the whole thing whiffs. THEN to add salt to the wound as my other comrades have said they gave it to his daughter......imagine if they gave sonyas Arc kick thing to Cassie and gave her a watered down version. Rant over #jaxislove #jaxislife #makejaxgreat again #jaxlivesmatter #whydidyougivehismosticonicmovetohisdaughter #NRSyoubetternotletherkeepityoubastards
Because they're all dash punches and one version has been upgraded to a super. A SUPER. The one that's in a string is just to make you think that it's the only version he has. You're like, "damn dude, that dash punch is weak " then BAM you're being punched in the face because you got hit by the real version

I would have loved Skarlet to have her high damaging blood ball that drains a bit of her own health (can't remember the name of the move),

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Shang Tsung's MK1-3 transformation ability to turn into anyone in the roster with all their moves :D
Imagine if THAT is what Shapeshifter's Training did instead of giving him the ninja moves. It'd probably require serious limitations to make sure it wouldnt be broken as hell, but damn would it be cool changing into whoever you'd need for the matchup.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I'm on the fence about it because looking back, he kind of needed it to mount an offense but at +3 he could actually hang with the S-tiers. The character was nerfed because B-W1zZ was destroying people with it at +3 but no doubt most of the complaints was probably because online it could be drastically more + because of latency and people lagging, using Wi-Fi, etc

Because they're all dash punches and one version has been upgraded to a super. A SUPER. The one that's in a string is just to make you think that it's the only version he has. You're like, "damn dude, that dash punch is weak " then BAM you're being punched in the face because you got hit by the real version
Not the same dude none of them are like the original. Like i said i cant do them when i want like in previous games, the "real" version you're referring to can only be used scarcely and when im about to die. So no, nothing can replace the original and giving it to another character is salt on a wound. Thanks for trying to cheer me up though :/

DeftMonk

Noob
Can u imagine if ryu lost his shoryuken but kept d hp and a shoryuken super? Of course not. That would be super dumb.

craftycheese

Not the same dude none of them are like the original. Like i said i cant do them when i want like in previous games, the "real" version you're referring to can only be used scarcely and when im about to die. So no, nothing can replace the original and giving it to another character is salt on a wound. Thanks for trying to cheer me up though :/
Can u imagine if ryu lost his shoryuken but kept d hp and a shoryuken super? Of course not. That would be super dumb.
No I couldn't. Luckily with Jax I don't have to imagine him without a dash punch because he has two. One available to him whenever you want to do it and one that's a super. I get that it's not a special move, but it's definitely in the game

No I couldn't. Luckily with Jax I don't have to imagine him without a dash punch because he has two. One available to him whenever you want to do it and one that's a super. I get that it's not a special move, but it's definitely in the game
Lmao bruh I don’t know how many times I have to say it. The one “available” to him whenever is off a string, a string which has the “dash punch” whiff on crouching opponents. That “dash punch” doesn’t even go as far as his original. The super one ok cool it’s more reminiscent of his older one but I can only do it when low health and once I do it once that’s it. Cmon now, picture your favorite character getting this treatment and I bet you’d change your tune, id sympathize if any character lost their iconic move and devs said lul it’s in a string though. But yes you’re right, the move is in the game, Jacqui has it

craftycheese

Lmao bruh I don’t know how many times I have to say it. The one “available” to him whenever is off a string, a string which has the “dash punch” whiff on crouching opponents. That “dash punch” doesn’t even go as far as his original. The super one ok cool it’s more reminiscent of his older one but I can only do it when low health and once I do it once that’s it (if it hits, don't forget that). Cmon now, picture your favorite character getting this treatment and I bet you’d change your tune, id sympathize if any character lost their iconic move and devs said lul it’s in a string though (confirming that it is indeed a dash punch). But yes you’re right, the move is in the game, Jacqui has it
Yes you're right, Jacqui does have it too. But how many times do I have to say it? Jax still has his dash punch. He has dash punches. So what if 4 in f3,4 whiffs over crouching opponents, that doesn't disqualify it from being a dash punch. His super also whiffs over crouching opponents and it's still a dash punch. It's the same move. He moves forward with his back hand doing the punching. The only thing they did was not classify it as a special move. I'd consider that a good thing. That means they can't take it away with a variation.

I'm not going to argue him no longer having the downward dash punch. That's definitely not in the game.

I'm not sure who else they could make that kind of change to. They kinda did it to other characters. They did change Kano's command grab from mk3 to just his forward grab. Baraka's throat slash move from mk2 is now a normal...2 I think? But that was like f+HP in the old games. So baraka is probably the closest thing I can think of to what they did to Jax.