What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I would like them to abandon the environmental hazards and items.

They were cool at first, and they are a neat idea, but I feel like the game has suffered a lot because of them.

Specifically the whole walk speed, stages being too big, huge distance between characters, this all feels like a product of the environmental hazards.
Stages have to be very big to accommodate all the items scattered around the stage, and the characters have to be smaller and farther apart so you can actually use the items and see them. If the camera was too zoomed in, the stuff would be vary hard to see and be able to react to.

Or the other option is too keep them and just make the game crazier, everyone faster, dash cancels, everyone has an air dash, super fast mobility, like a Marvel game, and have the hazards just be combo extensions.
Disagree completely, i love them, so much dept, and they have a better idea with them, just hope they dont get too ambitious with them where fighting doesn't count

RYX

BIG PUSHER
zaf I was wrong about the footsies part, you're right. still, IMO, some form of poke for everyone would help some characters a lot (T Rex ranged ones specifically)

As for walk speeds, all I want is for it to be 'sped up' with the acceleration start up being removed. That's pretty much it and I firmly believe it's just not a good design.

zaf

professor
zaf I was wrong about the footsies part, you're right. still, IMO, some form of poke for everyone would help some characters a lot (T Rex ranged ones specifically)

As for walk speeds, all I want is for it to be 'sped up' with the acceleration start up being removed. That's pretty much it and I firmly believe it's just not a good design.

It is not that you are wrong RYX, it is more of just trying to understand how footsies are in this game. They are vastly different from most games.

Batman = t-rex arms. However with trait up, he has full screen footsies. So he has ways to compensate.

I feel that they will not change walk speeds because of this .....Dashes.
Reading dashes, baiting dashes, punishing dashes..... All huge parts of this game.
These can be real ways to get into your opponents head. Force them to dash/back dash and punish.
If people could walk around, dashing would not be as important for movement and you would not be able to take advantage of this.

I see good batman players like reo and forever king using straight grapple a lot and very wisely. They catch people back dashing and trying to get away from them and they just walk forward.

zaf

professor
RYX

also

This game also has really good characters with great aerials. Take joker for example. His j3 is an excellent footsie tool. Good jokers I play like qwark and reo abuse this on me.

Do not think that jumping is a noob strategy because it is not. There are a lot of games were aerials are heavily as important in footsies with the ground normals.

Edit: Or also, everyone's favorite...Batman's J2.
There is a reason why this is abused by batman. Not because jumping is "noob". But because in this game aerials ARE important. Batman has t-rex arms. So he needs to find ways to make up for it other then trait. Which is J2.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You fuckin people bitching about netcode blow me away. Until the entirety of American's and American data hubs upgrade their shitty connections, game lag wont change.

I also dont understand criticisms of the games soundtrack. It fits the DC universe PERFECTLY.

*turns on UMVC3* "GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!!!!" *turns off UMVC3, throws in trash*

The music could be worse.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
In all seriousness, I'd like to see acceleration removed from walking. Maybe a quicker walk speed. Dashing around is fine for me. Zoning isnt a problem once you get used to it....unless youre Green Lantern.

Would love to see dash canceling but not to the point where you can wave dash.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX

also

This game also has really good characters with great aerials. Take joker for example. His j3 is an excellent footsie tool. Good jokers I play like qwark and reo abuse this on me.

Do not think that jumping is a noob strategy because it is not. There are a lot of games were aerials are heavily as important in footsies with the ground normals.

Edit: Or also, everyone's favorite...Batman's J2.
There is a reason why this is abused by batman. Not because jumping is "noob". But because in this game aerials ARE important. Batman has t-rex arms. So he needs to find ways to make up for it other then trait. Which is J2.
definitely, I'm not arguing with that. I, personally, would just like my AA reads to be slightly more rewarding, but as you said, there are options for making them stop jumping as much. Options I actually need to start using so I can force people to play my game...

Sami

Noob
Increase chip on normals (doesn't need increased meter gain), more crazy positioning moves (the least dynamic fighter NRS has ever made? With *this* cast?), useful supers (split clash and supers off from the meter into a SF4-style revenge/ultra bar, and when you clash you're wagering this bar rather than normal meter), and block button because fuck back-to-block and double-fuck cross-ups.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Tone down interactables damage (slightly) and make their uses more varied. Give chatacters like flash and KF a reason to use them.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
  • Better walk speeds
  • Smaller Stages or restrict how far the character can be from one another
  • Beast Boy
  • Black Manta
  • Black Canary
  • Ras Al Ghul
  • Swamp Thng
  • Atocitus

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Hahaha. God I hate Japanese game music.
Hey man Its way more Hype to fight to than random ochestral chords and the occasional beating drum in the background ive always thought soundtrack was nrs weakpoint.
I was always confuzzled on how they had the major producer partnership on the mk9 soundtrack and the tracks were never in game i would have loved to beat someones ass listening to this.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Hey man Its way more Hype to fight to than random ochestral chords and the occasional beating drum in the background ive always thought soundtrack was nrs weakpoint.
I was always confuzzled on how they had the major producer partnership on the mk9 soundtrack and the tracks were never in game i would have loved to beat someones ass listening to this.

I'm glad you agree. I think NRS could greatly benefit from investing more into their soundtrack. Look at what Killer Instinct is doing with their soundtrack.

Simple, but it REALLY drives the point home.[/quote]

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I would like to be able to cancel a dash with a special move, or a dash cancel of some sort.

Sent from the Slaughter Swamp

EGGXI

Scary Bat
What the character select screen SHOULD have looked like. DLC characters included. Give us a few females who have more than just a cameo in recent comics and TV shows. Looking at you - Killer "out of fucking nowhere" frost.
I agree about the KF thing, but personally I don't think Circe is much better.
Also it's a bit weird that you ask for females who are more than just a cameo, yet thatroster removes Raven and Hawkgirl, and the inclusion of The Shade? He's the definition of cameo material.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Personally I think KF was an awesome choice definitely leans more to the obscure side but still familiar to the core dc base which in this day and age means fans of the animated timmverse. balances the male to female ratio a bit, satiates the need for the freezy slidey subzero substitute. She was a good choice IMO.