What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
1 & 2. This would differ per character of course. Right now every character walks like Makoto in SF4.
3. There are way too many and yes it should exist, just not 20-30 frames as it is now. Perhaps 4-5 frames of vulnerability only.
Who would have the better walks/dashes, in your mind? Would forward/backward be different in many cases? (E.g Grundy has a great forward dash, kind of 'eh' backwards one.)

Do you think some characters should have simply bad dash/walk options like Ares?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Who would have the better walks/dashes, in your mind? Would forward/backward be different in many cases? (E.g Grundy has a great forward dash, kind of 'eh' backwards one.)

Do you think some characters should have simply bad dash/walk options like Ares?
With increased walkspeed, it would depend on how the character is designed and intended to be played. IMO backdashes should always be less mobile than forward dashes.

Reactions: RYX

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
  • I know they want the game to be about the darker side of DC comics, but that doesn't mean the game should look as unsaturated as it currently does. I absolutely adore IGAU for its unique often stage based game, and PERFECTLY captured gameplay designs of the characters they were assigned to make movesets and styles for, But MK9 Looked and sounded much better than IGAU. I'd love to see a step-up in A/V fidelity.
Let the super Nitpicky somewhat scummy but truly genuine and agreeable suggestions list begin.
  • Characters should converse even more than they already do, game should have an even greater variety of interactables, specific clash quotes for every MU
  • I also want a greater variety of hit sound effects, and maybe a bit more zoomed in of a camera, to make the game about the characters fighting each-other a bit more.
  • That slightly more zoomed in camera would help both presentation, and gameplay.
  • Being able to really see where you hit your opponent makes hits feel even more satisfying, especially when they're paired with unique, perfect sound effects.
  • The generic super move sound effect needs to go, maybe keep music playing, and make music LOUD, and fitting.
  • Some clash quotes are glitchy, and don't finish in IGAU now. Let's clean that up.
  • Clashes should have both characters start moving toward each-other at the same time, to give you a better impression of "equal and opposite forces" impacting each-other.
  • Also, the flash shouldn't run as slowly as he does for his clash. He should wait for his opponent to run and then just appear in the center of the screen.
  • Player one intros should not be cut off.
  • (matchup specific intros? It's a comic book game, it should be partially about character at least)
  • Greater stage variety needs to happen. Maynbe some with Dynamic weather elements, to really immerse a person in a duel.. Wind, Lightning, Rain, Snow, Dusk, Dawn, Day, night... It's the DC universe. We can go to any place on any planet.
  • Bring back some form of 2v2 team mode?
  • An in-game team system would be rad. An option to pass on your chance to fight in a king of the hill. Watching and learning is cool sometimes.
  • Scrap all of those absolutely insane ladder "Battles" modes that very few people appreciate, as they only make obtaining trophies or achievements almost impossible. Take the funky elements from those singleplayer modes, and bring them to multiplayer with kombat kodes or Test Your Luck or something, as they did with Mortal Kombat 2011. Variety is good.
  • For all of our sake's, please never do star labs again. Even those who completed all of them for three costumes feel dissatisfied with themselves by the end. Beating the challenge isn't enough? You have to make people feel shitty about not getting three stars by doing some absolutely stupid additional task, that either gets them killed, or often FORCES THEM to replay the mission?! What the fuck?
  • Also, those mini-games that you recycled over and over were awful. If they were used only once, they'd be almost acceptable, but all of them appear over five times each.
  • Challenge Tower was rad though.
  • (When I say "you" I mean Netherrealm studios.) <3 you NRS

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Now that's a post I can get behind. Presentational issues are the biggest problem with IGAU. Christ, they have Green Lantern in and the best they can do for a stage is to throw in the fucking Ferris Aircraft base? Hello? Oa? Qward? Why isn't there a Star City stage for GA or Keystone City for Flash? Rock of Eternity for Shazam? Instead we get five stages (two clones, no less) based on Batman mythos and two based on Superman?

Bah. You know, I have more but I think I'll save it for another thread.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The camera is zoomed out so much because you need to be able to see as much of the stage as possible, because of interactables.
If you zoomed it in any, it would make it harder to dodge and see stuff on the screen.

Speaking about the clone stages, I can't say for sure, but those feel more like they ran out of development time, and they simply needed two more stages to make the stage select screen even.

KIllaByte

The camera is zoomed out so much because you need to be able to see as much of the stage as possible, because of interactables.
If you zoomed it in any, it would make it harder to dodge and see stuff on the screen.

Speaking about the clone stages, I can't say for sure, but those feel more like they ran out of development time, and they simply needed two more stages to make the stage select screen even.
I don't want characters to be as large as in MK9, but SF4 and/or MVC3 size characters would be a perfect compromise.
You can see plenty of the stage in those games, and character designs and hit detail both shine through beautifully.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't want characters to be as large as in MK9, but SF4 and/or MVC3 size characters would be a perfect compromise.
You can see plenty of the stage in those games, and character designs and hit detail both shine through beautifully.

I don't know, I think SF4 is still too close for a game in Injustice's style. you really need as much stage awareness as possible.
And not just horizontal, it needs a lot of vertical space as well, because of all the interactables above characters.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the way the game is zoomed out, but I think it's necessity.
I wouldn't be too sad if they just dumped interactables for the sequel, and went with a different gimmick.

KIllaByte

I don't know, I think SF4 is still too close for a game in Injustice's style. you really need as much stage awareness as possible.
And not just horizontal, it needs a lot of vertical space as well, because of all the interactables above characters.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the way the game is zoomed out, but I think it's necessity.
I wouldn't be too sad if they just dumped interactables for the sequel, and went with a different gimmick.
Interactables are not a gimmick, bro

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
About the "darker" look on the DC verse, I kinda want more characters to fit that. I love Hawkgirl and all, but Hawkman fits that title better than she does http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/VanSlanzardeFanel/brutal.gif

To give context, Matter Master had Hawkman pinned to the wall. So he frees his arm and cuts off Matter Master's by throwing his axe. He then strolls into a birthday party Hawkgirl was throwing for him covered in blood. Come on! Obviously, I'm just making a pitch for Hawkman, but my point stands. I'm hoping for a better character roster overall. I'd be fine with KF if we had Firestorm to make her relevant and hopefully we can get more Fan service DLC (Lobo, MMH, Zatanna) then the money grabbers.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
I also agree with safe wake ups being removed. I dont have a problem with invincibility frames on wake ups. Every wake up attack should be full combo punishable on block. Like make attacks done during the wake up window have a universal frame disadvantage of -20. Doing a wake up should be a risk.
Which wake-ups are not punishable? (not only on block)

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Beast Boy! Seriously he would be ridicoulously fun in this game like the possibilities are endless
Static Shock I have no I idea how he would play since I havent seen the show for a while but I know NRS can make him sick
Atrocitus Red Lantern for the win! An in your face character like doomsday but also has a ring? Yes please

Better graphics/Modelers
Some character should be allowed to attack immediately after dashin (Hawkgirl she would be so good)
NO useless strings there is some useless shit out there
NO star labs add a feature where we can customize our costumes:D

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Since a sequel is likely, here's what should happen imo

initial roster 30 Characters:
non returning - Batgirl, Killer Frost, Scorpion, Zatanna, Ares, Zod.

New additions:
Red Hood

Captain Cold

Cheetah

Lobo (Now part of initial roster)

one of these (or a hybrid), not the actual redesign they're using for new 52 that on is terrible

Black Manta

Firestorm

Black Canary
Martian Manhunter (now part of initial roster)

4 DLC characters:
Starfire

Brainiac

Blue Beetle

Supergirl

or this :)

Edit: added MMH, sorry Red Tornado :(

Last edited: