What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

Flagg

Noob
No interactions, no screen pull back (is what gives the illusion of slow walk speed). Walk speeds are fine, its the dashing that needs to be refined.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'll refrain from stuff like "this character needs in IGAU2" and other stuff like "Dis stages is need be in der game" because really thats not adding more to the depth of the game, but just adding more options to matchups sort of talk there.

Things I'd like to see in IGAU 2 to add depth:
  • been said but yeah....BETTER OFFENSIVE FOOTSIE TOOLS. IE POKES AND STARTER EXPANSION
    Some lack pokes and its nice we all have a D2 and B3 and F3 but folks also need a poke. I think the first item by Ryx is really important. Folks need at least 1 decent poke tool. I dont know where I'd be with Bane without his D1 and there are some folks who just feel woe-fully hurting for pokes forcing them to just outright go ham on shit to get it started sometimes. Also some folks are really predictable on their combo starters and knowing what to fear makes their matches really repetitive in their footsies. Id like to see them look at starters for folks and pokes and add more tools in these areas to create an environment where the mindgames regarding footsies can get deeper in IGAU 2.
  • AA BUFFS.
    Jump ins are just all over the place in this game. Dont get me wrong because I know that with NO projectile cancelling and no invulnerable KoF style rolls and shit you HAVE to be allowed in somehow other than walk or dash, but its a bit much. The AA priorities, hitboxes and startup across the cast just seem sort of all over the place. I'd like to see a tight consensus made on a good AA criteria and for the cast to have good AA based around that in the next game. Folks will STILL have to make reads to use it, but it'd go a long way if it was more on your reads than on your moveset next time around where AA is concerned
  • MOBILITY
    I'd like to see it grown and expanded upon. I like options. Like a LOT of options. I love kof rolls, I love air dashes, I love wave dashing, I love the jump cancels that slide you forward into the ghetto wavedashes in Smash Bros, I love hops, hyper hops, super jumps, those Persona 4 tools that let you change the direction you face during a jump attack for crossup options, fast walk speeds, and I love wall jumps and wall to wall ricochets. Should all of that list make it into one game? HELL NO! It'd be so terrible with crossups and jumpers it'd be ridiculous, but I think the mobility in IGAU is lacking...especially with how projectiles dont cancel each other out forcing jumps. I think they should take a look at offense used to move you forward and how that works now, as well as projectiles and consider mobility AS A WHOLE and figure out how to grow what they have and then adapt the offensive tools we have to fit within those changes. MOBILITY IS NOT A CUT AND DRY ADD A NEW FEATURE SORT OF SUGGESTION. I think that to improve mobility they will have to adapt the utility of some offensive tools. Im not certain what route they plan on going next game but I'd like to see them expand it with at least a couple of new options.
Those are my big suggestions. I dont outright demand anything in particular, but those are areas as a whole that in general across the whole game I feel could greatly benefit a sequel to expand upon. Whether they do walk speed buff and hops, or go wave dash air dash and change a bunch of stuff I dont know ( I highly doubt the latter) but I'd like to see them address and expand these areas.

Bruke

Wut
Didn't Boon tweet about only being able to make 2 DC games cause of some contract with WB and IGAU being the last one? I could be wrong but I don't think there will be a IGAU2 or a MKvsDC2. Don't get all of your hopes up lol

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Didn't Boon tweet about only being able to make 2 DC games cause of some contract with WB and IGAU being the last one? I could be wrong but I don't think there will be a IGAU2 or a MKvsDC2. Don't get all of your hopes up lol
Well seeing how WB owns NRS and they were the ones who approached them about the game I'm sure there will be another IGAU whenever WB wants there to be one and judging by the success of the first it's pretty much a given there will another.

I'll leave the technical stuff to the experts and go ahead and suggest a couple of little things which I believe would improve the game:
  • When in battles, randomize the area you begin the fight in. It gets kinda repetitive to always start in the same place in every arena.
  • Please, please do away with the horrid-looking necrotizing fasciitis that the characters get infected with when they take damage. It looks terrible and makes them look diseased instead of battle-worn. Go back to the grazes, hematomas and torn clothing we had in MKvsDC, which looked absolutely fine.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
STAR FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Tierra!!!!!

Jinx !!!!

Beastboy!!!!!!!

I mostly want Star fire in the second game

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Make Catwoman have a projectile like batgirl or make her whip mb to where it can grapple punish the opponent. You ever played arkam city. Like that.
Make her whip a mid instead of a high.
Make her whip have longer reach
Make her b2 have better recovering so you can punish that with the b3
I'm assuming most character move will not change but they will probably add more move in the move list like tekken
Make her evade tool be canceled so it can be more useful
Faster mobility speed because she is a rush down character

FOREVER BALLIN

Flash is bottom 2
It'd be interesting if they went for a more zoning-heavy game as currently we have a more rushdown heavy one.
Or have a nice balance between the two.

But the main things I'd like to see if we every got Inj2, would be :
Real AA's, no inconsistency, if I read it and do it right, I want to be rewarded. But don't make jumps useless.
A real poking game, not just some half ass D1's
Footsie tools that are universally similar on start-up

I just hope that they actually learn from their mistakes and make a really good fighting game. I was disappointed with IGAU but I'll probably still end up buying IGAU2 if they make it lol.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
They could make another contract possibly.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
  • Rollback Netcode like GGPO.
  • More characters (of course)
  • Less projectile interactibles and more stage bounce interactibles so that I can use the stages for more combos and for less keep away
  • Better walk speed
  • Game retooled around adding rolls to the moveset so that folks have more options vs projectiles and more options for mixups/rushdown

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I'd like to see joker slightly better to compete with the cast better. Also swap some of the characters out for some new faces

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Rathalos brought up something really interesting in an MK discussion with some lesser used normals having different properties on interrupting an attack (I can't remember the exact name of it)

This would be a good way to make some of the other strings useful, those not good for pressure or combos could have different functions in this fashion

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Counter hits actually. Talking about how its weird NRS games don't have this feature.

Crush's could also be a neat feature to help diversify strings.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Counter hits actually. Talking about how its weird NRS games don't have this feature.

Crush's could also be a neat feature to help diversify strings.
Yeah, now I really wanna try more FG's, all these features and possibilities are amazing to me.

Is crush referring to high/low crush moves? Like, something like Bane's f.2.d.3 where you get blown up if you try a low?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
  1. Shorter and faster dashes
  2. Faster walkspeed
  3. Less vulnerable frames upon landing when whiffing an air attack
When these get implemented, I can take Injustice seriously.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
  1. Shorter and faster dashes
  2. Faster walkspeed
  3. Less vulnerable frames upon landing when whiffing an air attack
Question time!

1. Is this for all characters? Because I quite like some of my big dashes with Bane. :)
2. How would you personally achieve this? Would you make the full walk faster, would you reduce the acceleration, or remove it entirely?
3. Is there too many or should this not exist?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Question time!

1. Is this for all characters? Because I quite like some of my big dashes with Bane. :)
2. How would you personally achieve this? Would you make the full walk faster, would you reduce the acceleration, or remove it entirely?
3. Is there too many or should this not exist?
1 & 2. This would differ per character of course. Right now every character walks like Makoto in SF4.
3. There are way too many and yes it should exist, just not 20-30 frames as it is now. Perhaps 4-5 frames of vulnerability only.

Reactions: RYX