What's new

Question - Reptile If this patch happens, what would you like to see changed with Reptile?

haketh

Noob
More than anything I wish Noxious wasn't based around just the Gas. Like I wish it gave your other sepcials extra effects like Spit does Dot if it hits, Claw drain stamina or slow them down maybe or something. Even with Gas staying longer or whatever the variation just feels like it would be lacking in identity.

TamedLizard

Buff George
If the Reptile player commits to F21 after a blocked B2, you can jump and whiff punish accordingly. That's not a frame trap.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Reptile seems like a jack of all trades to me. Decent zoning with Spit and Forceballs, good rushdown with stagger pressure and mixups, safe 50/50 options if you want to go for low risk low reward damage and an unsafe low option if you want to get a big more damage for a bar. Reptile is definitely not risky if you don't throw EX-claws and point blank forceballs much.
I guess it depends on how you play. But if you want big boy damage, you have to play more risky.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I guess it depends on how you play. But if you want big boy damage, you have to play more risky.
Even then you still have F412 which gives good meterless damage and can be confirmed into the safe Claw. In the corner you also get good damage off of B2.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Even then you still have F412 which gives good meterless damage and can be confirmed into the safe Claw. In the corner you also get good damage off of B2.
Compared to Nimble's potential damage, the meterless isn't nearly as good. With Deceptive, it's impossible to HC F41 DD3ex and F3 DD3ex. Which can be poked out of if opponent knows the MU

Zaccel

Noob
Most of these buffs here seem more like luxuries than anything. Reptile doesn't really lack anything or have something that he truly needs, a lot of the suggested buffs are things that are just nice to have.
I'm with you on that. With the exception of Noxious feeling a bit naked, most of the stuff I'd want to see as "buffs" are more like hopes that more of Reptile's stuff becomes useful. QOL things like EX df1, FB ddBLK, and so on.

Reptile's pretty complete as-is, but I'd still want to see everything he has in the future, not just a snippet of it.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I'm with you on that. With the exception of Noxious feeling a bit naked, most of the stuff I'd want to see as "buffs" are more like hopes that more of Reptile's stuff becomes useful. QOL things like EX df1, FB ddBLK, and so on.

Reptile's pretty complete as-is, but I'd still want to see everything he has in the future, not just a snippet of it.
Just as someone said, (I'll add onto it though) Noxious should have more DoT on different things. Kind of like Venom stacking with Venomous. His spit should add some damage, and his DF1ex too. And maybe FB

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I've posted my opinions before but incase you guys aren't sick of hearing it:) I would like one of these changes to base reptile:

Stopping acid balls cost 1 bar of stamina instead of meter OR remain on screen for 33% longer (basically make it worth the bar occasionally or lower the cost)

Puke has a floating aura around it that effects opponents on knockdown with tickdamage; floating aura ticks during throw animation. Otherwise we will continue not using it.

Meterless acid ball to recover a few frames faster.

Then ofcourse fix the acid ball disappearing glitch.

I'd like noxious to get stackable gas. Feel like that brings it up to participate with deceptive and nimble. In the event of stack dream buff would be that 1 hit brings it down one tier to help with trades.

I feel Reptile is a rather solid character as is. He just has some issues with his options being... useless? Why would you ever spend a bar stopping an acid ball when it does so little for you;why would you ever puke when in most circumstances it does nothing for you? Which winds up leaving Reptile a bit repetitive.

Reactions: D7X

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Can we have it so in deceptive if u do invisibility when ur already partly invisible u go fully invisible.
Instead of going visible again (Whos idea was that. Why would I want to be visibile given the option? If it was really fast and I could make stuff safe while becoming invisible thatd be neat, but thats not the case).

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Can we have it so in deceptive if u do invisibility when ur already partly invisible u go fully invisible.
Instead of going visible again (Whos idea was that. Why would I want to be visibile given the option? If it was really fast and I could make stuff safe while becoming invisible thatd be neat, but thats not the case).
I kinda like that idea. Though, I don't think Deceptive needs it. At all

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
remove the to the option to control how far or close BD+4 goes. Just make it track. Maybe 5 or so frames less of recovery would be nice.

B1 eats projecties (high and mids only)

Do something with EX Puddle, maybe make it so you can't run in, let me choose how far or close I can spit it out, or simply does more damage per tick. (Maybe make it a Noxious only buff)

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
remove the to the option to control how far or close BD+4 goes. Just make it track. Maybe 5 or so frames less of recovery would be nice.

B1 eats projecties (high and mids only)

Do something with EX Puddle, maybe make it so you can't run in, let me choose how far or close I can spit it out, or simply does more damage per tick. (Maybe make it a Noxious only buff)
"B1 eats projectiles" LOL.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
- normal Chip damage when basilisk is actived
- acid puddle should be strong like acidc alien
- DB4 2 hits armor
- ex lizard dash armor pls
- ex claw anule projectile like leather face killer in psycho stance .
- human skin
- emerald steel skin
- F 3 ...6 frames
- F 1+12 now is comand throw DB2 like sun god...

TamedLizard

Buff George
Stopping FBs are great vs people who don't respect it and love to jump. Although yeah, it's hard to commit to using that bar for it when it would have better uses elsewhere.

MK2/MK4 skins would be dope. Also, Emerald Reptile still needs to happen. I'd even accept that as a MK2 skin stand in.

- F 1+12 now is comand throw DB2 like sun god...
Oh my word this would open a door to a whole new realm of possibilities.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Stopping FBs are great vs people who don't respect it and love to jump. Although yeah, it's hard to commit to using that bar for it when it would have better uses elsewhere.

MK2/MK4 skins would be dope. Also, Emerald Reptile still needs to happen. I'd even accept that as a MK2 skin stand in.

Oh my word this would open a door to a whole new realm of possibilities.
Sure , would be SUPER AWESOME , imagine all the salt reptile with sun god throw can do in online realm ?
Dammn

HIISS REPTILE !!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I've come the sad realization that nimble is the worst variations hands down. At first it seems good but if the opponent actually knows the mu, ballistic activation is mostly useless.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I've come the sad realization that nimble is the worst variations hands down. At first it seems good but if the opponent actually knows the mu, ballistic activation is mostly useless.
IMO Reptiles variations all server their purpose, and that all though deceptive is noticeably better than noxious and nimble, the latter 2 are too close to say one is better than the other. Noxious may benefit more from its variation trait since it is always active and can be buffed, but in certain mu's such as scorpion, nimbles's ability to shut down any wake ups by ending combos in f41xxdd3 is where nimble definitely shines. Try finding guaranteed activations and look at what basilisk activation gets you in each match up.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Noxious
-Remove passive DoT
-DoT no longer can be used to win the round
+Active gas does not go away when hit
+Reduce both versions of gas recovery to 30 frames

I think Noxious just needs a rework. The fact that gas goes away when Reptile is hit severely limits how you can use it. It's okay vs characters who don't have great offense to open you up, but you give up a lot of the advantages the other two variations have, with very little in return. Give the gas a reason to be used outside of preventing flawless victories.
if Noxious where to get to keep Gas on hit id be willing to trade Dot no longer win round. and having at least 6-8 frame took off the recovery of normal Gas,a dn Ex bas should be even more.