What's new

Question - Reptile If this patch happens, what would you like to see changed with Reptile?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Rumors are floating around about a new balance patch. If this patch actually hits, what would you like to see them do with Reptile?

Here's my general changes (From a washed-up player):

Universal
=Fix bug where forceball disappears from the field, but still can be stopped

Reptile's base works just fine. He's, IMO, among the best bases in the game. It's generally his variations that need touched on. This is just a bugfix.

Noxious
-Remove passive DoT
-DoT no longer can be used to win the round
+Active gas does not go away when hit
+Reduce both versions of gas recovery to 30 frames

I think Noxious just needs a rework. The fact that gas goes away when Reptile is hit severely limits how you can use it. It's okay vs characters who don't have great offense to open you up, but you give up a lot of the advantages the other two variations have, with very little in return. Give the gas a reason to be used outside of preventing flawless victories.

Nimble
-Reduce normal basilisk active time by 2 seconds
+Reduce normal basilisk recovery by 10 frames

Nimble could realistically do with zero actual changes. This is more a dream change than anything. Just a little pick up to push the variation closer to Deceptive.

Deceptive
+Reduce normal stealth recovery to 28 frames

Deceptive is generally perfect otherwise. There's just no point in having normal stealth be so bad, is all. Again, a dream change he could do without. Many don't realize this variation actually got nerfed in the XL balance changes, as his blockstrings when cancelled into EX invis produce 5 frames less blockstun. But this is a change I could live without.

Thoughts?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Changes are cool for the most part...

I dont see how the Noxious buffs justifies his nerfs to the passive DOT tho, and even then there'll be still no good reasons to pick him over the other 2

Just my thoughts

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Seems legit, just make back 2 not plus
b2 has very stubby range and leads to pretty low damage overall even with meter investment. It being +1 isn't really a major deal, when he can't really take advantage of it all like that.
Changes are cool for the most part...

I dont see how the Noxious buffs justifies his nerfs to the passive DOT tho, and even then there'll be still no good reasons to pick him over the other 2

Just my thoughts
I wanted to give EX gas the property of counting as hits on armor too, but I'm not sure how crazy that'd be for him.

gam224

The world's least hype player
The
b2 has very stubby range and leads to pretty low damage overall even with meter investment. It being +1 isn't really a major deal, when he can't really take advantage of it all like that.

I wanted to give EX gas the property of counting as hits on armor too, but I'm not sure how crazy that'd be for him.
+ meter less 50/50's should not be a thing period.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Nimble:
Reduce normal balistik activation by 7frames
Make f412mb balistik -6

Noxious:
Normal tik does .33%
f412mb fumes 0 on block

Deceptive:
Normal Invis doesn't go away on block
Normal Invis recovery reduction by 12 frames

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam

that would make is oki game stronger, so it's a welcome addition

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Rumors are floating around about a new balance patch. If this patch actually hits, what would you like to see them do with Reptile?

Universal

Reptile's base works just fine. He's, IMO, among the best bases in the game. It's generally his variations that need touched on. This is just a bugfix.

Noxious
-Remove passive DoT

I think Noxious just needs a rework. The fact that gas goes away when Reptile is hit severely limits how you can use it. It's okay vs characters who don't have great offense to open you up, but you give up a lot of the advantages the other two variations have, with very little in return. Give the gas a reason to be used outside of preventing flawless victories.

Nimble

Nimble could realistically do with zero actual changes. This is more a dream change than anything. Just a little pick up to push the variation closer to Deceptive.

Deceptive

Deceptive is generally perfect otherwise. There's just no point in having normal stealth be so bad, is all. Again, a dream change he could do without. Many don't realize this variation actually got nerfed in the XL balance changes, as his blockstrings when cancelled into EX invis produce 5 frames less blockstun. But this is a change I could live without.

Thoughts?
All you suggestions seems fair enough :)

There are some more chances that i'd like to see:

Reptile:
- J+4 slightly normalized.
- Disappearing forceball bug now fixed.

Noxious:
- Acid Spit now has a little bit of ticks that damage the opponent over time on block or hit.
- EX Acid Puddle area of effect is now doubled.
- Reptile can now perform D,D+3 while EX D,D+3+BLK is active.
- Reptile can now perform EX D,D+3+BLK while D,D+3 is active.
- Poison Gas (D,D+3) and Toxic Fumes (EN D,D+3+BLK) now stack with each other.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X

Universal

Noxious
-Remove passive DoT

Nimble

Deceptive

Thoughts?
You already know. I think he's fine. But if I had to make a change, make the gas not go away on hit. I don't think he needs buffs OR nerfsomething for the most part

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
So 50% of his 50/50s are plus on block?

That's damn OP AF if you ask me, Paulo plus nerf.
He's a very punishable character ... HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD. Note that you get little damage from B2 and B34 is 16%

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I almost forgot! Human Ninja Reptile, MK2 Reptile (Could be alternate to HN Reptile), and Emerald Steel Reptile. NRS PLEASE