What's new

Question - Reptile If this patch happens, what would you like to see changed with Reptile?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Y'all still think we can do ex Slide in the corner to continue combos givin' the fact its +37 down from 40?
We're still good, right?
Most likely. The link I don't think was 3 frames tight.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As someone who has clearly put alot of time into Rep I must disagree and I'd like to see your viewpoint but I don't. So let's discuss.
We all have. My viewpoint is a little different...maybe moreso because I'm looking at a lot of different things at once. Like what did get positively changed and how that affects matchups and how I play the character.

Like the run change. I use dash for actual mobility quite a bit. It's good because it also puts a hitbox on the screen that will catch people trying to run. The run change directly affects that tactic and that means they can't just run in after getting tagged with one during their run. It ups the value of dash in that scenario. f21 is also boosted, and the general change heavily affects matchups vs RC characters. It's a big buff to his own neutral game, which is a lot less run reliant in comparison to a bunch of characters. Top it off with EX spit stopping run...get a dash on a run, EX spit. If their anti zoning sucks...whee back up and forceball or bait out the inevitable jump.

And that's just a little bit of what I see. Better anti run game leads to better neutral control overall, which buffs everything in some sort of way. Losing the ex claw launch sucks, trust me I was pissed seeing it at first. It fucks with the AA. But we don't know if we were hit with the graces of the d2 buffs. The dropping of some top tiers in certain ways helps us too. Alien's loss of armor on EX flip and the addition of tail hurtboxes boosts up our zoning a bit due to what I said above. Mileena b1 being a high makes fighting her in neutral so much easier now that we don't have to hold it in certain ranges. Kotal losing armor on EX oh sword and the run changes really swing that matchup towards us. Run changes in general makes the matchup vs Liu, Cage, and D'vorah so much more tedious. Just by removing the armored launchers for 1 bar makes blowing up Reptile's forceballs in certain scenarios much less rewarding. I'm looking at this stuff and go, I'll take the L on AA and blowing up gaps if it means there's so many things changing that benefit my neutral game.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
We all have. My viewpoint is a little different...maybe moreso because I'm looking at a lot of different things at once. Like what did get positively changed and how that affects matchups and how I play the character.

Like the run change. I use dash for actual mobility quite a bit. It's good because it also puts a hitbox on the screen that will catch people trying to run. The run change directly affects that tactic and that means they can't just run in after getting tagged with one during their run. It ups the value of dash in that scenario. f21 is also boosted, and the general change heavily affects matchups vs RC characters. It's a big buff to his own neutral game, which is a lot less run reliant in comparison to a bunch of characters. Top it off with EX spit stopping run...get a dash on a run, EX spit. If their anti zoning sucks...whee back up and forceball or bait out the inevitable jump.
\.
You know I missed how much that's gonna help us shut down some people who rely on run. That dash change is a huge help.. I still think puke is awful but what I lost about Reptile is people use his tools completely differently. My Reptile is nothing like OFIDYAN, MILKY, or Datprostunner and I'm sure mine is nothing like yours as well. Opened my eyes some though. I do think we'll find something or 2 that they left out of patch notes though.

I really wish they had mention that they fixed the disappearing acidball glitch.. they mentioned that they fixed some of these glitches.. they didnt mention ours.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You know I missed how much that's gonna help us shut down some people who rely on run. That dash change is a huge help.. I still think puke is awful but what I lost about Reptile is people use his tools completely differently. My Reptile is nothing like OFIDYAN, MILKY, or Datprostunner and I'm sure mine is nothing like yours as well. Opened my eyes some though. I do think we'll find something or 2 that they left out of patch notes though.
Imagine puke after getting a forceball out from when you dashed during their run. Puke goes hand in hand with the run change.