What's new

If there was one more patch...

Kitana is ridiculous, she just jumps around playing her game while you struggle to knock her out the air. Fans are -9 fan lift -14 more damage scaling on combos.

Shinnok by design just dominates some kharacters, needs stolen moves changing.

Kang needs Db2 to be -6. D3 to not low profile and be -3.

Reptiles pounce should be mid not overhead and -8. B2 should be -10. Force balls should fade before fullscreen.

Kano's d3 should be -5 and ex upball -10. Overhead in cutthroat should be -15.

Mystic ex push -10

Grandmaster clone needs a longer cool down and damage scaling

Hellfire needs the aura changing so he cant get a combo follow-up unless already in a combo chain.

Jason's command grabs need to be whiff punishable. B1 mid 14 frames start up, b3 10 frames.

Raidens high string is actually 6 frames. Vicinity blast is -9

Cyrax/cyber d4 is 8 frames startup, -6 on block +15 on hit (not sektor/smoke)

Cyrax F211 is can be special cancelled
Cyrax 212 ender hits mid and is +2
Cyber sub's 212 drone cancel no longer allows special but makes him +7

Fixed Smokes B21 whiffing issues string Can no longer be special cancelled.

Sektor rockets are -11 and not hard knockdown anymore. His ex flame burner no longer restands and knocks opponent away. After teleport if Meter burning air dash, sektor always lands next to opponent for punish.

Erron - f1 is now mid and 15 frames start-up

Alien conjurer - hugger has better tracking. Cooldown on drone call halved. Hugger now comes out after 10 seconds but only tracks as far as half screen.

Leatherface - bf3 armor active frames last longer.

Forward dash has been made faster.

Cage - 2 hits of armor has been added to nut punch and can be Meter burned
Again for launch. Armor on ex shadow back to 1 Hit

F34 in a list is -6

Straight shadow in SD is +6

Jacqui - gun shots are - 12 on block, whiff recovery on up rocket increased
Reos overhead change is perfect
Stanky leg is -5
Air stomp is -10 (still plus in hi tech)
Bf2 ex is now -6 from 0
Bf2 is -12
Low rocket is -5

Predator cancels take 2 bars of stamina on block.

Takedas cancels requires 2 bars of stamina on block.

Kung jin

Jp1 normalised and wont hit on way up.
111 string normalised and more whiff recovery
D1 -6
Dive kick cannot be activated after a whiff normal and ex version is -8 with little push back.

More damage added to shaolins combos

Bojitsus low is now -7 on block.
:(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Johnny, Leatherface, Bo, Jax, Kotal
Jax is better than Lao imo they're both free on knockdown but Jax has way better other tools. LF and Bo at least have some serviceable setplay, especially Bo.

Kotal and Erron Black are for sure worse than Lao though, but let's not act like Lao being bottom 5 is some crazy thing

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Jax is better than Lao imo they're both free on knockdown but Jax has way better other tools. LF and Bo at least have some serviceable setplay, especially Bo.

Kotal and Erron Black are for sure worse than Lao though, but let's not act like Lao being bottom 5 is some crazy thing
It's not exactly crazy I just don't agree, but I get your points.

Espio

Kokomo
You don't have to agree with me but hasn't Lao been in more top 16's in tournaments than any of those characters i mentioned.
Kung Lao also received changes that weakened him as the meta changed via patches and such. I'm not sure why people like to bring up tournament results in a different context of balance when Kung Lao was different with better plus frames and launcher capabilities among other things. Good lord lol.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Kung Lao also received changes that weakened him as the meta changed via patches and such. I'm not sure why people like to bring up tournament results in a different context of balance when Kung Lao was different with better plus frames and launcher capabilities among other things. Good lord lol.
He's still a overall good character hes not complete shit unlike the characters i mentioned who suffer a lot more than he does in a lot of match ups.

When he was good
He still is good just because he isn't cheap don't mean hes ass.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He's still a overall good character hes not complete shit unlike the characters i mentioned who suffer a lot more than he does in a lot of match ups.

He still is good just because he isn't cheap don't mean hes ass.
I didn't say he's ass he's just bottom 5. Tempest and Buzzsaw are solid, he's just not as good as most of the cast.

Since the last patch Reptile, BoRaCho, Goro, Raiden, Ferra/Torr, Kenshi, QuanChi, Jax, and Jacqui. Kung Lao is better than all those characters overall.
Kung Lao is not better than Jacqui, Quan, Reptile or Raiden if you honestly feel that way please explain why I would like to understand

I'd like to see moves like returning projectiles that return be the same and not one characters' return another doesn't. There's other moves like Sektors ex teleport that hits once when blocked or whiffed and then you see scorpions hit, block or whiff and both hits come out. These are a few examples, I can't mention all characters but hopefully you get the gist. Not crazy good so if this is all crap then correct me.
I'd like to add something else. When you trade both characters should be neutral. In other words characters like Mystic for example. You trade with that push or ex push then you're still able to full combo punish. Also, how about when online, I know this isn't really a character thing but could be cool to have, maybe an option when playing online to choose the option of first to 3, 5,10 or choice of games played before matching up or during the character selection screen.

Skedar70

Noob
I believe the game is in a good state and disagree with most of the changes.

I do believe Mileena is above everyone else and REO suggested changes are exactly what she needs except that they should normalize both of her jip (1 and 2) so that everyone can AA without the need to spend meter. I don't agree with her U3 buff since she already has great AA in ball roll and d1. Maybe they should add a little bit of recovery on her sais both low and high.

I'm surprised at the lack of Warrior changes since I still believe its the worse variation and till this day nobody uses the variation and nobody has done anything at all with it.

Some other less popular variations might need a little bit of help like master of storms raiden but most of the cast is fairly balanced in my opinion.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Everyone who's saying that Erron is bottom tier obviously haven't the slightest idea about Marksman's potential.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Kung Lao is not better than Jacqui, Quan, Reptile or Raiden if you honestly feel that way please explain why I would like to understand
When you prove me that hes not with a legitimate statement then i will explain why he is until then you should already know since the game been out for like 2 years. If you have an issue with that oh well. The person said as overall which means every variation, match ups, tournament statistics, etc
If someone was to recommend a good character how many would choose Lao over those characters i mentioned even if you dislike him?

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Kitana is ridiculous, she just jumps around playing her game while you struggle to knock her out the air. Fans are -9 fan lift -14 more damage scaling on combos.

Shinnok by design just dominates some kharacters, needs stolen moves changing.

Kang needs Db2 to be -6. D3 to not low profile and be -3.

Reptiles pounce should be mid not overhead and -8. B2 should be -10. Force balls should fade before fullscreen.

Kano's d3 should be -5 and ex upball -10. Overhead in cutthroat should be -15.

Mystic ex push -10

Grandmaster clone needs a longer cool down and damage scaling

Hellfire needs the aura changing so he cant get a combo follow-up unless already in a combo chain.

Jason's command grabs need to be whiff punishable. B1 mid 14 frames start up, b3 10 frames.

Raidens high string is actually 6 frames. Vicinity blast is -9

Cyrax/cyber d4 is 8 frames startup, -6 on block +15 on hit (not sektor/smoke)

Cyrax F211 is can be special cancelled
Cyrax 212 ender hits mid and is +2
Cyber sub's 212 drone cancel no longer allows special but makes him +7

Fixed Smokes B21 whiffing issues string Can no longer be special cancelled.

Sektor rockets are -11 and not hard knockdown anymore. His ex flame burner no longer restands and knocks opponent away. After teleport if Meter burning air dash, sektor always lands next to opponent for punish.

Erron - f1 is now mid and 15 frames start-up

Alien conjurer - hugger has better tracking. Cooldown on drone call halved. Hugger now comes out after 10 seconds but only tracks as far as half screen.

Leatherface - bf3 armor active frames last longer.

Forward dash has been made faster.

Cage - 2 hits of armor has been added to nut punch and can be Meter burned
Again for launch. Armor on ex shadow back to 1 Hit

F34 in a list is -6

Straight shadow in SD is +6

Jacqui - gun shots are - 12 on block, whiff recovery on up rocket increased
Reos overhead change is perfect
Stanky leg is -5
Air stomp is -10 (still plus in hi tech)
Bf2 ex is now -6 from 0
Bf2 is -12
Low rocket is -5

Predator cancels take 2 bars of stamina on block.

Takedas cancels requires 2 bars of stamina on block.

Kung jin

Jp1 normalised and wont hit on way up.
111 string normalised and more whiff recovery
D1 -6
Dive kick cannot be activated after a whiff normal and ex version is -8 with little push back.

More damage added to shaolins combos

Bojitsus low is now -7 on block.
Why are you nerfing high tech?

And again, what does the overhead change achieve? It just makes you press an extra button. If you want the overhead to come out 2 frames later (like off Kara canceled f3) then make it 2 frames slower. Don't introduce an arbitrary execution limit for basically no reason.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Give me an example of a game where the community didn't go one more patch a fighting game will never be perfectly balanced and patches bring life to the games every game will always be 1 patch away
Probably there are not many examples, since as you say, perfection does not exist, so there will always be things people could notice that would need fixes, specially in a competitive game.

Thing is nrs decided to take a super radical approach in October (some liked it, some didn't, not going to enter there), changing the roots of mkx, and it's surprising if they stop there, since as we all know, changing the meta brought consequences that I'm sure they didn't see through at that moment.