What's new

If there was one more patch...

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Why are you nerfing high tech?

And again, what does the overhead change achieve? It just makes you press an extra button. If you want the overhead to come out 2 frames later (like off Kara canceled f3) then make it 2 frames slower. Don't introduce an arbitrary execution limit for basically no reason.
I'm normalizing the whole game. Hi-tech doesn't need buffs if all the other dumb shit gets toned down. No character needs a 0 on block armored attack to be good, Change something else to make them good not just press it because you can in the neutral.

I can't imagine Lao being bottom 5. Seems a bit of a reach.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Jax is better than Lao imo they're both free on knockdown but Jax has way better other tools. LF and Bo at least have some serviceable setplay, especially Bo.

Kotal and Erron Black are for sure worse than Lao though, but let's not act like Lao being bottom 5 is some crazy thing
As a Lao and Jax player. I'd say this is a tough decision honestly. Lao is better in the neutral but Jax is mix city. They're better for certain mu's. I truly don't know who's better lol. I might give the edge to Jax

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For all you guys loling around saying there's no way Lao isn't bottom 5, what 5 CHARACTERS are worse then Lao? I have no agenda to downplay this character I could care less if Lao is ass or not, I have no interest in using him. He has good tools, other characters just have more good tools, all there is too it.

For all you guys loling around saying there's no way Lao isn't bottom 5, what 5 CHARACTERS are worse then Lao? I have no agenda to downplay this character I could care less if Lao is ass or not, I have no interest in using him. He has good tools, other characters just have more good tools, all there is too it.
okay erron black ferra/torr bo hes pretty bad but very fun goro not even gonna start on that cyber sub

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Erron Black, Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface, Johnny Cage, Kotal Khan and perhaps Alien? Also CSZ could be a candidate if you count Triborg variations as characters.

This discussion is quite stupid in my opinion though, having a character bottom 5 doesn't mean much if only the bottom 4s are in an actual disadvantage compared to the rest of the cast. Besides, it has been 2 years since the game came out, and yet for some reason we still talk about characters and not variations.

Last edited:

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
What's the consensus on Kung Jin by the way?

There was a spark of interest when the patch came due to Ancestral buffs but it died down quick.

Bojutsu is basically dead, because of the unnecessary damage nerf and also the armor launcher which was the lure of the variation. (Also, I genuinly believe this is a bottom 5 variation. Would love to be corrected.)

Shaolin was pretty good, but don't know about it now. Chakrams (or only low ones?) don't come back on block anymore when ex'd for some reason and the drop staggers are much more negative but have more pushback so it kind of evens out?

Don't know what to think honestly.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Erron Black, Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface, Johnny Cage, Kotal Khan and perhaps Alien? Also CSZ could be a candidate if you count Triborg variations as characters.

This is discussion is quite stupid in my opinion though, having a character bottom 5 doesn't mean much if only the bottom 4 is in an actual disadvantage compared to the rest of the cast. Besides, it has been 2 years since the game came out, and yet for some reason we still talk about characters and not variations.
Acidic Alien is definitely better than any of Lao's variations. I'd put Cage over Lao but the rest are definitely arguable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm normalizing the whole game. Hi-tech doesn't need buffs if all the other dumb shit gets toned down. No character needs a 0 on block armored attack to be good, Change something else to make them good not just press it because you can in the neutral.

I can't imagine Lao being bottom 5. Seems a bit of a reach.
You seemed to buff Cage? Who is certainly in a better position than high tech at the moment.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
You seemed to buff Cage? Who is certainly in a better position than high tech at the moment.
fortunately for hi tech players full auto is actually a competitive variation. Cage not so lucky.

He got normalized; a mid (no mix) wake-up which is full combo punish on block. A much needed change to F34 in a-list after the stamina changes and gave SD its identity back.

Hi-tech still has safe mid armor. Safe mid strings that don't cost stamina to utilize.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
fortunately for hi tech players full auto is actually a competitive variation. Cage not so lucky.

He got normalized; a mid (no mix) wake-up which is full combo punish on block. A much needed change to F34 in a-list after the stamina changes and gave SD its identity back.

Hi-tech still has safe mid armor. Safe mid strings that don't cost stamina to utilize.
So your solution to high tech not being viable is to nerf high tech further and tell high tech players to use full auto.

Sure. Sounds logical.

And actually hilariously, High Tech does need stamina to convert off any of her mid strings (unless in the corner).

EDIT: By that logic, Cyrax and Cyber Sub are fine because Smoke and Sektor are good.

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Yeah no one said 2015 Kitana was top, but she's always been very strong in the entirety of 2016 yet she kept getting buffs after buffs until we wind up with that ridiculous fans shredding machine we have today.

I don't really think her community meant to downplay her to this point, but they suffer from what i call the "scorpion syndrome", Kitana is just one of those characters who'll always be mid-tier in the general consensus no matter how stupid she gets.
I really don't see any kitana mains claiming she's midtier though.

Kitana imo is top 5. Some have her top 10, but I can't think of a single kitana main that would put her lower than that.

I think some people upplay kitana to a ridiculous degree, and then when inevitably kitana mains step in and say stuff like, "there's less fair characters, and she's definitely not the best in the game", that gets construed as downplaying.

Mkx has a bunch of very strong characters, and she's one of them. There are characters who have game plans and tools that are much more frustrating to fight than kitana's. In my opinion of course.

If kitana had a damage nerf to her bnb's (like instead of a typical meterless combo doing 34%, they'd do 28-30%) I'd actually be really happy. I'm tired of the kitana crying at this point. It's counterintuitively a bummer that she's so good as someone that's been playing her a long time.

UPR_Nova

Noob
That's good for you and I main jax for the most part of the game so that's cute of you to assume I don't know that but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying so.... this is a patch suggestion not playstyle suggestion. Why don't you make suggestions of your own rather than comment on mine??

Cancel into 3b2 doesn't work off of b2 anymore since the 5frame cancel delay was added.
So if I S4 cancel into 123 and they get hit and I confirm it into ex oh I want to be able to cash out without doing a gotcha or dash fist.

Even if I did 123 cancel and blocked and they press buttons I can't punish them for much cuz I don't have stamina to run after ex oh or to cancel and do s3b2.

Plus who said anything about being interested in damage? But all the same I shouldn't settle for genuine punishes for 20-mid 20% because the character is handicapped
Dude...I'm simply making a suggestion. I don't post often like these other assholes and try to be negative all the time on here. I'm simply making a suggestion related to the way in which I read the post. I also was sure to put in there that I'm not trying to come off condescending in any manner. There's no need to be defensive, especially to me because I'm only trying to help.

Edit: Why on God's green Earth did I come back here? Make a post genuinely trying to make a positive suggestion and I'm "cute."

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
So your solution to high tech not being viable is to nerf high tech further and tell high tech players to use full auto.

Sure. Sounds logical.

And actually hilariously, High Tech does need stamina to convert off any of her mid strings (unless in the corner).

EDIT: By that logic, Cyrax and Cyber Sub are fine because Smoke and Sektor are good.
Who said anything about converting? Cage isn't safe on his only use-able mid, so no it's not hilarious, its frustrating. Thats why I made the change, call it a buff if you wish but that string should not be -12 with the changes to stamina. Is jacqui -12 with no safe special from her only mid string? No..., yeah didn't think so.

Tri-borg is 4 different characters, no matter how you spin it, so using that to prove a point is a weak effort.

I also nerfed smoke and sektor, but you probably didn't notice crying over hi-tech.

At least suggest 'logical' buffs to high tech without making her stupid because if you ask me, its just hard to balance that variation.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Dude...I'm simply making a suggestion. I don't post often like these other assholes and try to be negative all the time on here. I'm simply making a suggestion related to the way in which I read the post. I also was sure to put in there that I'm not trying to come off condescending in any manner. There's no need to be defensive, especially to me because I'm only trying to help.

Edit: Why on God's green Earth did I come back here? Make a post genuinely trying to make a positive suggestion and I'm "cute."
Well I was offended. How dare you come on tym with good manners, you think this is a game?
THIS IS SPAR... ok let me stop.

But seriously post often. I'm just a dick most of the time it's my thang