What's new

If there was one more patch...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Then maybe you need to level up? I mean people played lao but no one played lao like foxy same can be said about sonya and scar the fact of the matter is lao was played at max potential with foxy and that was evident so maybe the lao's your playing aren't using him to his max potential and you aren't defending yourself against sub to the max of your characters potential. We can try and generalise all we want but this has to be taken into account
Defend against a straight 3 way guess ok lol

I literally said word for word "Lao's corner game is excellent"... I just think Sub's is more powerful. Then again Foxy plays the best Sub in the world so there's probably something to that. And Sub is my character so I don't know what the defend against him thing is

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i'd much rather be in the corner dealing with tempest than i would quan or sub, heck probably even bo.

once lao does the regular orbit instead of ex, he basically loses his turn unless he dive kicks or something to that effect. He's a bit easier to defend against.

also i know lao in the corner can do ex divekick and be safe, but how consistant is that?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i'd much rather be in the corner dealing with tempest than i would quan or sub, heck probably even bo.

once lao does the regular orbit instead of ex, he basically loses his turn unless he dive kicks or something to that effect. He's a bit easier to defend against.

also i know lao in the corner can do ex divekick and be safe, but how consistant is that?
I don't get the klone/orbit hat comparison because klone won't make Sub minus 3 if it's dealt with(unless Sub is punished upon deployment), Lao's movement and buttons are too slow to want to be in a minus 3 situation.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

The trick is to not use orbiting hat unless its ex and build meter with staggers. Its an art-form.

The opponent is desperate to get out and lao can sense it jump back dive kick and back into hell.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Defend against a straight 3 way guess ok lol

I literally said word for word "Lao's corner game is excellent"... I just think Sub's is more powerful. Then again Foxy plays the best Sub in the world so there's probably something to that. And Sub is my character so I don't know what the defend against him thing is
Im just saying those could also be factors that you may not be considering that add to it. I haven't seen you play so I can say for definite that your not defending properly or what not but it's still a point to notice.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Im just saying those could also be factors that you may not be considering that add to it. I haven't seen you play so I can say for definite that your not defending properly or what not but it's still a point to notice.
Yeah I'm not the best Sub in the world and haven't had any time to play so I'm pretty ass right now, but I know a lot of technical informant about the character and still think he has the best corner game. His competition for best corner game is Sorcerer and maybe Cyrax too. But yeah maybe I'm just ass and Lao does have a better corner game than Sub, just my opinion.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Yeah I'm not the best Sub in the world and haven't had any time to play so I'm pretty ass right now, but I know a lot of technical informant about the character and still think he has the best corner game. His competition for best corner game is Sorcerer and maybe Cyrax too. But yeah maybe I'm just ass and Lao does have a better corner game than Sub, just my opinion.
My point wasn't to question your skill as such. Maybe your fine and you haven't had the displeasure of being in the corner against a Lao that knows all his corner tricks etc...

Also the point isn't that Lao has a better corner game than sub but it's that his corner game is more consistent to the whole cast than subs is

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Its a completely different type of corner game. Subs corner game is dependent on the opponents character and the stage. So he needs to change his stuff up to cater for this. If he gets everything going its tip top tier but with conditions that need to be met.

Lao can get his game going against most of the cast and his corner staggers can also translate onto the midscreen game as-well. You can really get in your opponents head.

Cyrax has number 1 set play in the corner once they have been hit but outside of the he is nothing special.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Haha I'm not suckling on the teet of anyone. I don't suckle mate. Look I know foxy and iv played him since mk9 days so I don't put him on a pedestal like some people do.
Also how was I an asshole?

I'm just stating a fact and saying it's something to consider - same way people don't give a particular character much notice until someone who thinks differently fleshes out that characters potential.

I also get what he's saying but the way your talking subzero should have won a hell of a lot more tourny's than he actually has if he's that brain dead good. But lao has performed better and placed more overall. This is contributing to the discussion.
The tourney argument is very flawed and the easiest example to bring up is MK9 Cyrax, broke AF but didn't win anything till that final EVO with DJT when most people had stopped playing the game.

Anyway, no one's saying GM is uber top tier, they're saying his corner game is dumber than Laos. If anything Lao should be smashing tourneys with the way you're talking as he already has a much better neutral than GM but now he apparently has a better corner game too?

Wigy

There it is...
I dont know how laos corner game is as good. He doesnt have the safe mixup you just gotta hold into 40% into more safe shit you gotta hold.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
The tourney argument is very flawed and the easiest example to bring up is MK9 Cyrax, broke AF but didn't win anything till that final EVO with DJT when most people had stopped playing the game.

Anyway, no one's saying GM is uber top tier, they're saying his corner game is dumber than Laos. If anything Lao should be smashing tourneys with the way you're talking as he already has a much better neutral than GM but now he apparently has a better corner game too?
Ye the point isn't that lao's corner game is dumber like I said earlier we all know sub-zeros corner game is dumber but it's not consistent across the board. Where as lao's is consistent for the whole cast

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Ye the point isn't that lao's corner game is dumber like I said earlier we all know sub-zeros corner game is dumber but it's not consistent across the board. Where as lao's is consistent for the whole cast
Well the initial argument was that Lao's was better or just as good, I forget and cba to go back.

It being more consistent was one of the arguments brought up to support Laos being better than Subs but imo what Sub gets against the few members of the cast who deal with him is just as good as Laos whole corner game anyway so the consistency just isn't enough.

2 bars to armored scoop launch? Why? Was it that bad before? Warlock was midtier at best last patch, idk why him having it is such a big deal?

#Fix Warlock and Skydrop
Mid tier in a game with armored launchers everywhere, now they're gone so if you want him to be mid tier again it has to be a 2 bar launcher. 21f3 being special cancelable would also increase his combo damage btw, and of course he needs his portal stab fixed. Then I think he'd be fine and anyone better than him should be nerfed down to his level.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
You're ignoring the fact that Lao has a corner game that's arguably as smothering as GM sub zero
@GOOD DRAGON Read it and cry. The first sentence of Foxy'a post

I know you're probably having this weird little argument with yourself in your head that you feel like you need to win but just leave it, it's not happening. The main point being argued was whether Laos corner game is more "smothering" if that makes you feel better. The consistency was an argument being used to back that point, like I've already said multiple times. My reading comprehension is fine but I'm seriously questioning yours as I've had to repeat the same thing multiple times now

Lao's corner game is really good but I'm sorry, it's not even arguably better than GM's corner game. Or arguably as "smothering" before you start trying to cherry pick at semantics to make your point look like it has legs to stand on.

You just keep repeating the same thing "herp derp Lao is more consistent", yeah I know. Balanced Kenshi's corner game is more consistent than GM's but that doesn't mean he's better in the corner than him does it? EDIT: Sorry, "arguably more smothering"

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@GOOD DRAGON Read it and cry. The first sentence of Foxy'a post

I know you're probably having this weird little argument with yourself in your head that you feel like you need to win but just leave it, it's not happening. The main point being argued was whether Laos corner game is more "smothering" if that makes you feel better. The consistency was an argument being used to back that point, like I've already said multiple times. My reading comprehension is fine but I'm seriously questioning yours as I've had to repeat the same thing multiple times now

Lao's corner game is really good but I'm sorry, it's not even arguably better than GM's corner game. Or arguably as "smothering" before you start trying to cherry pick at semantics to make your point look like it has legs to stand on.

You just keep repeating the same thing "herp derp Lao is more consistent", yeah I know. Balanced Kenshi's corner game is more consistent than GM's but that doesn't mean he's better in the corner than him does it? EDIT: Sorry, "arguably more smothering"
This could get interesting...