What's new

If there was one more patch...

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
When you play against a good Lao you're terrified to press a button. 112124 staggers can be scary. You make 1 mistake and you just got opened up for 30%+ into a hard knockdown and Lao still has potential to break armor regardless of the 2 hitting armor. I use Buzzsaw over Tempest these days and I don't even need the hat to break armor. I just 11212 to break armor and if I make the wrong call I can stagger it if I choose. In the corner he constantly plays safe and he's still got +Frames from ex hats in Tempest and Buzzsaw. He really is a smothering character

Edit: How could I forget that Buzzsaw has the B2 mix. I've literally taken whole health bars because people guess wrong lol
Sub Zero can put like 50% of the cast in the corner and play his game for free after that point.

Lao can put 100% of the cast in the corner and play his game. He's like a SFV character he has throw loops for days and just as many throw baits.

Even then if a lot of characters guess right once they're out of subs game. You can guess right once against Lao and he can just confirm on block into ex hat and you repeat the same scenario
Not that the best players can't have stupid opinions like Sonic calling Cage top 10, but cmon dude Foxy puts his money where his mouth his and his demonstrated it time after time, don't know how you can challenge that.
I'm a Cage main so you know I hate being in the corner more haha

But I get where's he's coming from, it's speaking as the whole package, Yeah if GM gets you in the corner it's Well worst than Laos with nothing Chars can do up to half the cast,... but that's the key here, Lao is not as troubling per se but he's consistent with the entire cast with Shimmy / mid / Frane traps /throw game, they're all micro reads that even if the opponent guesses right unless a hard read they are still in step 1, when with GM although he gets big reward but when a big chunk of opponents guesses right they switch it around

So it's big risk corner game where nearly half the cast can't do shit about with that leads to big rewards vs Good consistent little to no risk micro reads that works on everybody.

Just saying I see the logic, personally as a Cage player I'd prefer to be in the corner more with Lao than with GM but that's because I'm a Cage player, when I'd play Mystic I'd prefer GM over Tempest
Its a completely different type of corner game. Subs corner game is dependent on the opponents character and the stage. So he needs to change his stuff up to cater for this. If he gets everything going its tip top tier but with conditions that need to be met.

Lao can get his game going against most of the cast and his corner staggers can also translate onto the midscreen game as-well. You can really get in your opponents head.

Cyrax has number 1 set play in the corner once they have been hit but outside of the he is nothing special.
Here are the posts involved in the Sub vs Lao corner game debate. Read them and tell me all of them are saying Sub's corner game is better and Lao's is just more consistent. Like I said, I know Laos corner game is more consistent but that doesn't justify him being more smothering than GM. You can't seem to come up with an argument for that so you keep bringing up the consistency thing when I've already acknowledged that point.

And maybe he didn't reply because he doesn't have anything else to say? If he actually replied that would have cleared up a lot of the confusion but he hasn't. So yeah. Though those couple of posts just confirmed all the teet-suckling assumptions I previously had. Yeah his opinion holds more weight than mine but that doesn't mean I can't question it.

And smothering doesn't mean more consistent either so you're literally picking apart your argument with your own stupidity.

Oh yeah and I don't remember hearing that legend "GOOD DRAGON" tearing up the top 8's so the irrelevancy argument doesn't exactly fly either does it

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Either way it was all respectful debate until this savage GOOSE DRAGON the top 8 killer came in here

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Hey you called me an asshole for no reason so im pretty sure your the bellend mate
Yeah because you started questioning @Dankster Morgan skill when he was just piping in on the discussion. You could have made an argument that I was white knighting, cause I kinda was looking back at it, but maybe all those reading comprehension skills are taking up all the brain power you have.

I apologise for calling you an asshole if that makes you feel better but at least I've contributed to the discussion while you just keep repeating "consistency bruh", "foxy bruh"

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So mantis said you shouldn't question foxy not me. I have read through all of that and still can't find where anyone said loa's corner game was better so.... you must have selective reading.

Smothering in case you didnt know the meaning of the word its - To smother is to overwhelm or suffocate.

and

The meaning of - Better: more desirable, satisfactory, or effective

So you can't just change what a word means just because it sides with your no basis argument. Now kids lets apply that word to the sentence you got it from -
"You're ignoring the fact that Lao has a corner game that's arguably as smothering as GM sub zero"

Ok now lets use that word to figure out what that sentence means - i guess it doesnt mean better does it? So technically you have been arguing with yourself this whole time you absolute japs eye
All my arguments I've been making can be used to argue Sub's corner game is more smothering instead of better. It doesn't matter cause I think Laos corner game isn't as smothering as Sub's. It's almost the same argument.

Whereas you've been arguing that the whole argument was about the consistency of the corner game this whole time when there was never an argument there. Everyone agrees Laos corner game is more consistent but that doesn't justify it being more "smothering".

And again, you're defeating yourself. You've been saying this whole argument was about the consistency and now you're saying it's about how "smothering" it is.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
You can get out of Laos corner game a lot easier than you can with GM Sub.
Smothering is when something is continuously being used over and over again and they cant do much about it. There is no one in the cast that does that better than GM Sub with his ice clone. Any time someone picks GM Sub you're playing there game in that match because all he has to do is throw ice clone sit back block or jump in when he expects some type of unsafe attack that leaves the opponent open when trying to counter that ice wall. Ice clone isn't one of those attacks that can easily get your opponent opened in a corner but its one those attacks can continuously have some type of affect on someones mind to make them stop and think wtf they're going to do to get out of it or wtf Sub going to do to keep them behind that wall each time its puts out. Lao really doesn't have that effect on anyone you let him do his thing while you're blocking and bam you easily countered nows hes in the corner. You can't do that shit with GM Sub.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Lol this is just not your day is it Quan stoned - i said "maybe you need to level up" maybe being the operative word that i said and that was a suggestion of something he has to consider so ye there was nothing harsh about that. then i went on to say -

My point wasn't to question your skill as such. Maybe your fine and you haven't had the displeasure of being in the corner against a Lao that knows all his corner tricks etc...
Yeah I called you an asshole before you went on to be mr nice guy and clear it up.

And you cling on to the stoner stuff. I don't even smoke dat dank anymore but it's my gimmick so I can't just let it goooo. Let it gooooooooo. But even if I was stoned this argument would have still been a 6-4 in Quan Zoot's favor

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Leave Sub Zero alone you bully. Now that that's been said. Cybernetic Kano: Make the last hit of B13, 2+4 an overhead. If being really generous make B13 -1.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Well to be honest mate i don't care if you smoke cuz i smoke and i love it, its like a virtual warm fuzzy blanket. Plus smoking and gaming go hand in hand and almost everyone does it so don't feel ashamed instead what you should say is:-

Excuse me while i light my spliff, oh jaa i need to take a lift, from reality i just can't drift, that's why i stay with this spliff. HA HA HA HA
I genuinely can't be arsed anymore. I'm just gonna leave it at that as this is something we can both agree on haha

omooba

fear the moobs
What a childish response in regards to making your post easier to read for everyone.

It's an option because it's part of the site. It doesn't mean you have to use it just because it's there.
the life of a mod :D
can't even ask people to help themselves by making their shit easier to read

omooba

fear the moobs
@RevetLeafing
The reason I put Shirai Ryu shouldn't lose any stamina for his cancels is because he doesn't have any that are +1 on block or neutral like Tanya has some. IIRC, almost all of Shirai Ryu cancels are around -8 on block with his best cancel being -5. Some of Tremor cancels are 0 or +1 on block, HQT are very plus, and Scorpion's teleport cancel is way more versatile than Takeda's IMO.

Also I forgot to put Shirai Ryu shouldn't build any meter for doing tele cancel if he got the stamina removed. The meter build would be kinda dumb lol
what about jax

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
What for?
Well B13 is -2 right now. Making the last hit of B13 2+4 an overhead that knocks down (it already knocks down) can give him another decent stagger. B13 stagger into his low (B3?), a throw or a walk back and whiff punish with another B1 for example. B13 2+4 is -8 so it is safer than IAB but you lose your turn. The importance of the overhead is to condition them to stand block giving you just a little more time to stagger into something else.

omooba

fear the moobs
This a thousand percent. First they take away his armour then they take away his stamina for what reason?- im pretty sure Reo (in his pre mkxl patch suggestions) was also the person to suggest jax should have heavy stamina cost for doing his cancel but now suggesting it for a character with way more tools and minus cancels too. Im beginning to think people like reo should only comment on the characters they use the most and know the most about and keep shtum about the rest.
i wouldn't say he shouldn't voice his opinion i think the real problem is nrs listening to him. but seeing as how they can't tell which of his opinions are rooted in deep character knowledge maybe he shouldn't talk about them lol

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
i wouldn't say he shouldn't voice his opinion i think the real problem is nrs listening to him. but seeing as how they can't tell which of his opinions are rooted in deep character knowledge maybe he shouldn't talk about them lol
EGGS MATE - eggs fuccin xactly

REO

Undead
The only thing I said worth mentioning in my previous change wish lists for Jax was for his overhead to become more unsafe on block. And that was in early 2016, IIRC.

Anyway, MKX right now is a more than enjoyable fighting game that many players would gladly shell $600 of their hard earned cash to travel and compete for. The game is no longer a messy broken joke like all of the iterations before this patch that sadly turned so many players off from the game.

NRS fixed a LOT of the non enjoyable and bizarre design choices throughout day 1 of MKX to now. The only two issues MKX really has right now as a game that affects more characters than not is 1.) The mass amount of low profiling 2.) The inconsistent anti-airs and powerful jumps. Almost every player I talk to agrees that those two things are probably the last thing that should ever receive attention or be looked at if this game was given one last bit of support.

The balance in this game currently is pretty fine and quite astounding. The worst characters in this game are not far from the best at the top. If you are complaining about a low tier in this game than you don't know how good you have it compared to almost every other fighting game out there.

REO

Undead
@REO
UMKX TE mod time? after MK9 TE of course.
I'll be mainly playing Injustice 2 when it comes out in a month and don't think I'll go back to MKX unless pot bonuses happen.

MKX was a fun ride, but I think with all of the incredible character designs and unique play styles and archtypes that Injustice 2 is introducing, I don't think I'll have a reason to go back and pop in MKX.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I'll be mainly playing Injustice 2 when it comes out in a month and don't think I'll go back to MKX unless pot bonuses happen.

MKX was a fun ride, but I think with all of the incredible character designs and unique play styles and archtypes that Injustice 2 is introducing, I don't think I'll have a reason to go back and pop in MKX.
Once MK11 gets announced, I'm fairly sure people will go back to MKX. better for UMKX TE to be around by then, don't cha think? Then again, UMKX TE happening is just an idea, doesn't mean it's confirmed.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It would be great if an nrs member showed up here and said "hey, mkx balance is over" or "there is a chance of another patch".

Silence sucks, specially because they probably have decided which way to go by now. Why don't say it?

@tylerlansdown

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Reo how dare you secretly work with NRS to get mkx changed and then leave the game. This version is definitely not more fun than unreactable 50 50, +100000 cancel, counterpoke with launching armor pre patch mkx.. you make me sick

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Reo how dare you secretly work with NRS to get mkx changed and then leave the game. This version is definitely not more fun than unreactable 50 50, +100000 cancel, counterpoke with launching armor pre patch mkx.. you make me sick
Ahh funny guy - did say some so... ye

Shaka

Tier Whore.
oh man Jax players are the absolute worst.

whenever I face Jax players they just cry so much about how shit their char is when they're landing 50% combos and pressuring you to dead lol.