What's new

If Microsoft gave us a choice between MK2 or a UMK3 patch...

UMK3 Patch or Mortal Kombat II?

• Total voters
...What would you choose? I personally would say MKII for XBLA. Yes, it is on the Playstation 3 but honestly I wouldnt dare buy a new console just for MKII. Xbox 360 has just about every game that the Playstation has or is getting and better ones at that.

TheRedPsychosis said:
Patch for UMK3. I couldn't imagine ranked on MK2.. I'd have to counter pick as Jax or Mileena. :roll:
I'm sure there would be plenty enough scrubs to have fun with all the characters :)

Patch. UMK3 is supreme from the standpoint of "is it broken / fair in general / mind-engaging / fast / with a wide variety of strategies", and I honestly don't know why people find MK2 to be more entertaining.

MK II. I love it. WHy do we need the patch for? Because of the fact that the stage doesn't change? Or because the fact is the Classic Sub, Mileena, and Ermac doesn't stay? MK II would be another game that we would be able to have fun with. But thats just my opinion.

ButtManV3 said:
MK II. I love it. WHy do we need the patch for? Because of the fact that the stage doesn't change? Or because the fact is the Classic Sub, Mileena, and Ermac doesn't stay? MK II would be another game that we would be able to have fun with. But thats just my opinion.
To fix the delay and inherent lag and freezing up would be priorities if you asked me hehe. The other options you mentioned as well.

I wouldnt play MK2 to often since UMK3 is on there. I want both if you ask me.

Trenia

Noob
Patch, being able to play all the boards would be nice(w/o kodes). It would be like a new MK, or atleast refresh it.

MKII... love this game i don´t have any 360 but a friend will buy one and i will play umk3 online and could be great play MKII against Scheisse, Darkmoon and Konqrr love this game

Even though MKII was my first MK (lol I was 3... And it ownd my soul) It's been YEARS.. Like.. 10+ years since I've played it. And I miss it.

And, furthermore, I'm a big glitch fanatic, and have found some ridiculous things that I've never seen in these glitch videos. From the completely insane, to the creepy, and to hilarious.. I've done and seem them all.

Problem is.. A lot of the glitches require a Pit fatality, as well as an extra Kode to be entered.

For example:
Scorpions Lair is the "default" stage. There is a pit on there.

I can enter the Shao Kahn kombat kode, and do a pit oriented glitch and fuck up the fight with Shao Kahn..

If they patched it, and made all boards accessible all the time, I would no longer be able to do glitches as often, solely based on the fact that more stages are "pitless" than others.

NOW. Patching the latency/lag/delay/not saving unlocked characters/Galaga(even though I bought it on the Marketplace lol)/broken sprites(there are some incomplete or overcompressed sprites in certain areas. Look for em)/and poorly translated stage BGs.... Then I'm all in for a patch.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
We don't truly need a patch for UMK3, peeps just to lazy to get and keep their characters!

MKII ftw

I wonder if some of the people who voted for a UMK 3 patch just suck at MKII and the people who voted for MKII just own at that. Exception here, I suck at MKII. :cry:

MKK hanzo

For me isnt just that. Is the fact that MK2 is an ENTIRE WHOLE game. And also know that Midway is TOOlazy todoapatch so they will instead give us MK2..wich also will have flaws and stuff and will need a patch... and then they will give us MK1 ... and so on...

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
For me isnt just that. Is the fact that MK2 is an ENTIRE WHOLE game. And also know that Midway is TOOlazy todoapatch so they will instead give us MK2..wich also will have flaws and stuff and will need a patch... and then they will give us MK1 ... and so on...
And you thought MK2 ranked would be bad

Imagine Sonya vs. Sonya every fuckin match xD

DatBoyMook said:
I wonder if some of the people who voted for a UMK 3 patch just suck at MKII and the people who voted for MKII just own at that. Exception here, I suck at MKII. :cry:
1. Pick Jax
2. Groundpund
3. if they jump HK
4. ???
5. Profit

srsly

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
We don't truly need a patch for UMK3, peeps just to lazy to get and keep their characters!

MKII ftw
True, but this game has been out for 12+ years. There is nothing hidden about this game. As a matter of fact, all the characters should be available to everyone anytime this game is played.

Agreed with the above sentiment, I guess they wanted to give us that true "arcade like" feel by not including the hiddens upon startup.

Though that too is bullshit seeing how backrounds dont alternate in online mode and they swiped out galaga as well amongst other things.

Oh well, its beyond repair, on with MK2 I say (if its going to be done right)