What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

You say a ton of smart things

this isn't one of them.

We've clearly gotten to the point where... if you don't have to take huge risks... you can usually win by simply doing the safe thing. The only reason some matches are hype... is because our top players have the stones to take a risk.

If every character had more than one hole (compared to others, some have zero)... then risks would have to be taken and create a more "hype" atmosphere. Just watch Big D vs Jr. ... or any low tier vs a high tier. There is always that "he could make one huge risk and win" moment.

Why is Scorpion so fun to watch? Exactly.
hmm, tbh i did take a few risks in my match vs detroit at evo, but that's scorpion for ya. Also i think it is correct that most wins come from safe stuff, look at street fighter, ppl aren't just throwing around unsafe stuff when they could be doing the safe move that'll guarentee them success.

Half trolling half serious. The Smoke MU numbers are hella downplayed. Like Cage is not 3-7 and likely not even a bad MU at all. I've never understood that one.
there are countless reasons why cage beats smoke, but i would have it 6 4 cage, 7 3 is overexaggerating the difficulty of it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
hmm, tbh i did take a few risks in my match vs detroit at evo, but that's scorpion for ya. Also i think it is correct that most wins come from safe stuff, look at street fighter, ppl aren't just throwing around unsafe stuff when they could be doing the safe move that'll guarentee them success.
thats kind of my point..... Mk forces you to eventually take a risk (chip damage). Some characters are almost risk free when compared with the rest of the cast......

Kenshi V. SZ is a perfect example. Kenshi can' take less than zero risks and win 90% of the time. No hype.

I feel that the hype is from two factors. The players playing... and how unsafe they have to be at critical moments to pull out a clutch victory.

thats kind of my point..... Mk forces you to eventually take a risk (chip damage). Some characters are almost risk free when compared with the rest of the cast......

Kenshi V. SZ is a perfect example. Kenshi can' take less than zero risks and win 90% of the time. No hype.

I feel that the hype is from two factors. The players playing... and how unsafe they have to be at critical moments to pull out a clutch victory.
ah i see what you mean from a viewer perspective, kenshi isn't the most exciting character of course, but definitely takes a cold and rigid kind of patience to get top 8 at majors with him. Most fgs have to deal with super safe chars though, dnt know if past games were like that for fgs in general but nowadays it is like that.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I love this game more than any other fighting game, but LBSH, it has a lot of scrubby bullshit. Smoke bomb, Reptile dash, EX kartwheel, Cyrax resets, Kenshi shoulder, the list goes on.

But really, this is kind of pointless to talk about

REO

Undead
LETS BE SERIOUS HERE kabal is actually a pretty balanced character now n days compared to some chars in MK, after getting my ass handed to me by reo 3-1 in casuals u cant help but respect a kabal played at the highest level, ONLY A TRUE MASTER can overcome the struggles that REO has encountered through his time using kabal. People only complained about kabal because they didnt know how to deal with his pressure game
I appreciate the kind words, but there is no way Kabal is any where near to being anything balanced. Kabal has every option in the game a character could want... plus more.

coolwhip

Noob
I appreciate the kind words, but there is no way Kabal is any where near to being anything balanced. Kabal has every option in the game a character could want... plus more.
He doesn't have a reset.

Oh, that's what he needs, a reset! Kind of like the one Flash had in MKDC.

I love this game more than any other fighting game, but LBSH, it has a lot of scrubby bullshit. Smoke bomb, Reptile dash, EX kartwheel, Cyrax resets, Kenshi shoulder, the list goes on.

But really, this is kind of pointless to talk about
heck every game has cheap stuff, look at seth and akuma in sf, or doctor doom and morrigan in marvel, all fgs got something dirty, but we got to accept it and find ways to beat it.

what i meant by pretty balanced reo is that after learning the matchup the character is not this unbeatable god of a character people made him out to be when NDC's started to come into the picture, he's fine atleast u actually show that u win with skill and hard work when using the character, instead of using a character that u can get ur ass outplayed with most of the round but get some dumbass 1 bar 80% combo that automatically puts u back into the game, now that my friend is dumb.

Oh lets not forget he doesnt have a d4 NDC that jails 4 free chip n mixup lol

what i meant by pretty balanced reo is that after learning the matchup the character is not this unbeatable god of a character people made him out to be when NDC's started to come into the picture, he's fine atleast u actually show that u win with skill and hard work when using the character, instead of using a character that u can get ur ass outplayed with most of the round but get some dumbass 1 bar 80% combo that automatically puts u back into the game, now that my friend is dumb.
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, blow up of the cyrax community? #Shots Fired, but LBSH, cyrax without the reset has a 1 bar 60 percent combo and he'd still have all his dirty tools.

People need to realize that just because something is technically beatable doesn't make it at all right or balanced.
Yeah, Kabal and all the other dumbass characters are beatable, but they're still piss-poorly designed and generally run over a large portion of the cast with ease.

People need to realize that just because something is technically beatable doesn't make it at all right or balanced.
Yeah, Kabal and all the other dumbass characters are beatable, but they're still piss-poorly designed and generally run over a large portion of the cast with ease.
I'll say this, with injustice coming out, if there wind up being mistakes and etc., it'll just make mk10 that much better bcuz NRS will learn from them just like i'm sure they've learned from there mistakes in mk9 when making injustice.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You say a ton of smart things

this isn't one of them.

We've clearly gotten to the point where... if you don't have to take huge risks... you can usually win by simply doing the safe thing. The only reason some matches are hype... is because our top players have the stones to take a risk.

If every character had more than one hole (compared to others, some have zero)... then risks would have to be taken and create a more "hype" atmosphere. Just watch Big D vs Jr. ... or any low tier vs a high tier. There is always that "he could make one huge risk and win" moment.

Why is Scorpion so fun to watch? Exactly.
I argue that this game is perfect and fine the way it is

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I like kabal because he pushes me to be the best i can be

Maybe more players here who bitch about kenshi should learn this higher level of thinking

Overcome the challenges and stop crying about them

I love kabal, cyrax, lao, etc. Makes me feel good when i conquer them

I like kabal because he pushes me to be the best i can be

Maybe more players here who bitch about kenshi should learn this higher level of thinking

Overcome the challenges and stop crying about them

I love kabal, cyrax, lao, etc. Makes me feel good when i conquer them
The wise Uncle Bernie, I feel very good as well when beating top chars like sonya and stuff, ppl should work on beating them more than just whining. I remember anaheim my skills vs kabal wasn't that great, go to evo and beat one with scorpion, just goes to show you what hard work and dedication does for ya.

prospic

Noob
I actually haven't made a thread on Kabal for a LONG time. And you have to remember I'm not the only Kabal player out there doing work. Remember all the majors Michaelangelo won? All the high placings Erik Warda got? Detroit winning Anaheim with Kabal. When Cat beat CDjr 3-0 with Kabal, everyone was saying how that match-up is really bad for Kung lao, etc. The list goes on.

You also can't forget about people like DoctrineDark and Mordrek who pretty much innovated the way Kabal is played today.
People weren't worried about how broken kabal was back then. When eric and michaelangelo used kabal block inf to win tournaments or even place top 8..people were waiting for the next patch so they were hoping for the best as kabal and others being balanced. Now since we know they won't be another patch..is like they gave up on the game. This why they just complain how broken kabal is and others because they lazy to learn MUs. Hoping NRS will grant them a next patch for a stress relief.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
There is NO character in this game that it is SO broken, that it overrides the player skill element.

Players skill can overcome anything in this game. And that is why it is great the way it is. It is the same great players making the top spots.

Play your hard match ups and don't make excuses.
"Sometimes if you want to ball hard, you have to work hard." And I will respect that