What's new

Ideas for changes to Supergirl

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Make her Mb teleport a mid? This is such a scrubby suggestion. I can't recall the last time I've seen anyone get hit by this unless they were pressing something.
Making her meterburn teleport a mid basically kills her teleport as an mixup option. Can still use it to punish certain things though I suppose but it's really not as dirty as a lot of people seem to think.
You know i luv u sasso

But this post just stinks.
You guys want a character with crazy good gimmicks and mixups to also be solid for safe play.

MKX had a character like that, it was pre patch Tanya.

Last edited:

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Play her and tell me she needs nerfs if her problems are about to get fixed...

Srsly, not a single decent player I played, who knows the MU, gets hits by that Oh. Its a free freaking punish lol. Not to mention you dont even need to react to it visually. Her teleport sound effects gives it away before the animation of tp even starts...
If no one get's hit by it, why would it matter to you if it turns into a mid then hmmm? People will still block the mid but you'd get your buffs win win.

myri

Time Warrior
If no one get's hit by it, why would it matter to you if it turns into a mid then hmmm? People will still block the mid but you'd get your buffs win win.
Same logic, if no one gets hit by it then why does it matter if it stays an overhead? Not a great argument.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Like?

1) She doesn't have them to start with. You literally block low and only react to B2 which leads into slow-ass overhead that is -35 on block. Her d1 into anything can be interupted, her F3 is ridiculiously slow.

2) You dont even need to visualy react to her TP as you get sound clue before the animation even starts. You dont have to block it, duck and free punish. Overhead is free punish aswell.

3) Did I said she unsafe on pretty much EVERYTHING?

4) You can interupt pretty much EVERYTHING.

Yeah, she totally needs nerfs. Kappa.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Like?

1) She doesn't have them to start with. You literally block low and only react to B2 which leads into slow-ass overhead that is -35 on block. Her d1 into anything can be interupted, her F3 is ridiculiously slow.

2) You dont even need to visualy react to her TP as you get sound clue before the animation even starts. You dont have to block it, duck and free punish. Overhead is free punish aswell.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Like?

Let me start by saying that I don't have audio on my console so the audio might actually be a thing, however:

Her b2 mixup is a thing, just don't spam it.

Her f3 might be slow, but it's a safe mixup by itself.

Her air dashes combined with her forever active jump ins and teleports are also extremely annoying.

She has pretty good crossups gimmicks in the corner.

You might say that none of this stuff is strong enough, and I agree with you. Personally I hate unsafe play and would suck with this character. However, when you put it all toghether and add her crazy good space control with lasers and teleport, and her ability to stay in the air, you get an extremely oppressive, chaotic and annoying to deal with character.

All I'm saying, and I'm saying this as someone that likes the character and would play it if she was safer, that you can't have BOTH safe play and all in crazyness.

Last edited:
I would like to see a damage adjustment or make b2 1+3 launch without meter. But again it's still too early to call for any nerfs or buffs.

I am really close to maining her. All deadshot until evo but I do think she will be a good long term investment.

Tweedy

Noob
Not saying she's good or bad but I call bs on reacting to her b2 1+3.

Add me on psn and please let me see your success rate in blocking that and b12 in online practice. Tweedy_the_bird

It's an 18 frame low and a 21 frame overhead. Even offline, not guessing there is a stretch, especially with input lag increasing from game to game.

Edit: My challenge goes for anyone who thinks they can react to it/fuzzy it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
1) this character has no cheese or dirt
2) why is a Black Adam main trying so hard to upplay Supergirl
3) Tele is cancer online but don't let that delude you about it offline or in decent connection.
The fact that Black Adam's top tier doesn't mean that she is bad.

Instead of thinking of potential buffs for her, it might be more helpful to think of potential nerfs some characters might get and then see how she compares. Her mobility, space control, and mix are all great to above average. If Adam, Aquaman, Batman, etc. get a slight damage reduction, for example, then her damage really isn't all that bad in comparison.

She's a character that has the potential to be really messed up if she gets buffed even slightly in the wrong direction, so I think NRS will have to be really careful with her or she'll be a nightmare.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
id like if they gave her back ability to cancel db1 into mb on block like she had in beta,that was final thing that made me not bother wanting to use her any more from using 99% her in beta. maybe was a exploitable thing with in why its not in full release

I wouldn't mind the tele becoming an OH it wouldn't change much vs good player since they already block it on reaction but it would be nice If she had no gap on b12 into breath It wouldn't make her broke or top tier it would fix her.
@Tweedy you're on when I get online let me see those b2 mix up when I get online

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
But why? Giving her a usable stagger wouldn't suddenly make her OP
And you said yourself that at her current state she isn't bad.

Besides, I'd GLADLY see her getting staggers and gaps removed, but not with the teleport remaining an overhead. To be honest, in my opinion that would make her a little too much on the powerful side, besides she already has a +3 string she can use.

Last edited: