What's new

I2 Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Was watching rico's stream and he was combking 22b3 into dive kick mid screen etc, I can't get this to work. What am I missing? Or am I seeing it wrong.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Was watching rico's stream and he was combking 22b3 into dive kick mid screen etc, I can't get this to work. What am I missing? Or am I seeing it wrong.
Could you clip the stream?

I was just watching his stream, and all he ever did was 22b1 trait j3 divekick f12, which is pretty easy. IIRC all you get off of raw 22b1 is f12?

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah I've switched to this from the f12xx4 f12Db3 mb j3xxdf3 f12 1+3 I was previously using.
Well, imo they're useful in different situations. 22 has a gap I think, so its best to use as a punish, whereas you can use f12xx4 more reliably and hit confirm it.

wsj515

@Clark L. wanna update the OP with something like this? I tried going through the thread to find the most optimal and consistent bnbs, add anything I missed.

Starters: f12, b2, 11, 22 - most of the time you will use f12, use b2 when mixing in the overhead.

Parenthesis are used to indicate when you can and should use trait for better damage and hit confirming.
A lot of the f12 1+3 enders can be exchanged with b23 1+3 for a tiny bit of extra damage for a little more execution.

Midscreen:

Meterless:

112xxdb1 iadf3 f12 1+3
22b1 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) starterxxdb1 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
22b1xx4 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3

1 bar:

starterxxMBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
MBb3/f3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3
wakeup MBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3

d2 conversions:

d2 f12 (f12xx4) f12 1+3
d2 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3

divekick conversions:

MBdf3 df3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3
MBdf3 dash f12(xx4 f12) 1+3

Corner:

(starterxx4) starter db1 f3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) 22b1 j1xxdb3 f12 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) 22b1 j1xxdb3 22b1xxdb1 b23 1+3
MBdf3/db3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3

wsj515

if you end with 13 in the corner you can either get a dive kick cross up setup or bomb setup by canceling into close lightning bomb

i.e. f12xx4 f12xxdb1 f3 ji3xxdf3 f12 13 (or 13xxdb2b)

They can't tech roll, and you are at pretty good advantage. Far divekick crosses up, close does not. For bomb, you could do something like b2xx4 b2

wsj515

Anyone mess around with background bounces? The combos I've been trying only add like 2-3%

Edit: I'm finding now that you actually can get a good chunk of extra damage with background bounce on our non-core Bnbs, particularly converting from something into f1xxbounce

Edit2: 22b1xx4 j3xxdf3 f1xxbounce b3 f12 1+3 is ~50% on superman meterless

Last edited:
I'm having a lot more trouble than I should be trying to connect this.

MBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 xx4 f12 1+3

No matter how early I land the JI3 the second F12 will either wiff on trait, or they fall out midway through the second F12. It's to the point that I'm considering that this isn't possible.

While I'm at it, has anyone managed to get this to connect?

starterxxMBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 b23 1+3

The timing is either extremely strict, or it's not possible.

wsj515

I'm having a lot more trouble than I should be trying to connect this.

MBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 xx4 f12 1+3

No matter how early I land the JI3 the second F12 will either wiff on trait, or they fall out midway through the second F12. It's to the point that I'm considering that this isn't possible.

While I'm at it, has anyone managed to get this to connect?

starterxxMBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 b23 1+3

The timing is either extremely strict, or it's not possible.
I don't think the second one is possible. For science i tried the first combo so that you end up in the corner for f12xx4 f12 1+3 and used a f3 instead of a b3. it was pretty finicky but I got it to land a few times. No matter what, I think it isn't worth it to use trait at the end of a long combo like that because you end up adding negligible damage with trait due to scaling. I think it got ~44% on superman vs. the ~52% if you use trait at the start of that same combo.

I don't think the second one is possible. For science i tried the first combo so that you end up in the corner for f12xx4 f12 1+3 and used a f3 instead of a b3. it was pretty finicky but I got it to land a few times. No matter what, I think it isn't worth it to use trait at the end of a long combo like that because you end up adding negligible damage with trait due to scaling. I think it got ~44% on superman vs. the ~52% if you use trait at the start of that same combo.
Thank you! And i totally agree. I just wanted to know wether or not it was me or just impossible. Again, thank you.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Sorry I also posted this in the General thread. Wasn't sure if it was combo worthy or general but I can't get the
B3 + J3 + DF3 + F1,2,1+3 to work consistently. Any tips on landing the F1,2 string after that Far Dive Kick?

Is it the timing/placement of the J3 or what? I've even switched the ender after MBDB3 to J3 + DF3 + F1,2, 1+3 for WAY better consistency for me

Sorry I also posted this in the General thread. Wasn't sure if it was combo worthy or general but I can't get the
B3 + J3 + DF3 + F1,2,1+3 to work consistently. Any tips on landing the F1,2 string after that Far Dive Kick?

Is it the timing/placement of the J3 or what? I've even switched the ender after MBDB3 to J3 + DF3 + F1,2, 1+3 for WAY better consistency for me
Off of raw B3? I've noticed that the sooner/later you time the JI3 effects the combo depending on what you follow up with.

If the combo ends in F12, do the JI3~DF3 early. If you're ending the combo in B23, do the JI3~DF3 later.

Doing JI3~DF3 earlier in a combo allows a F12 to connect easier because they're higher up when you connect. While doing it later puts you closer. Making it easier to do B23.

Looking back at what you've said, I'm assuming you're talking about the (starter) DB3*MB combo. From what I've noticed, Doing the JI3~DF3 earlier helps a shit ton. Doing the JI3 earlier leaves the opponent high enough at the end of the combo to connect F12. Just keep trying to do the JI3 early until you get the hang of things. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Off of raw B3? I've noticed that the sooner/later you time the JI3 effects the combo depending on what you follow up with.

If the combo ends in F12, do the JI3~DF3 early. If you're ending the combo in B23, do the JI3~DF3 later.

Doing JI3~DF3 earlier in a combo allows a F12 to connect easier because they're higher up when you connect. While doing it later puts you closer. Making it easier to do B23.

Looking back at what you've said, I'm assuming you're talking about the (starter) DB3*MB combo. From what I've noticed, Doing the JI3~DF3 earlier helps a shit ton. Doing the JI3 earlier leaves the opponent high enough at the end of the combo to connect F12. Just keep trying to do the JI3 early until you get the hang of things. Hope this helps.
Yeah I meant as an ender from the J2 + F1,2 + Trait + F1,2 + MBDB3 + B3, etc combo. That ender is tough for me after all of that. I'm whiffing the F1,2 1+3 ender a lot

Yeah I meant as an ender from the J2 + F1,2 + Trait + F1,2 + MBDB3 + B3, etc combo. That ender is tough for me after all of that. I'm whiffing the F1,2 1+3 ender a lot
Sorry. But tbh I have no Idea what combo you're referring to. Do me a favor and put the whole string/combo up and I'll lab it tomorrow. I'm curious to see what you're talking about. Chance are, it's either an extremely tight link, or border line impossible unless performed on certain characters if not entirely impossible all together.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Sorry. But tbh I have no Idea what combo you're referring to. Do me a favor and put the whole string/combo up and I'll lab it tomorrow. I'm curious to see what you're talking about. Chance are, it's either an extremely tight link, or border line impossible unless performed on certain characters if not entirely impossible all together.
Yeah that's the one I just didn't finish it off. It's J2 + F1,2 + Trait + F1,2 + MBDB3 + B3 + J3 + DF3 + F1,2 1+3

Beach

La mejor playa

I've found delaying the J3xxdf3 untill they're just on the brink of falling down from the peak height on the back 3 so you land quicker after the hit. F1,2 was faster than I thought while practicing the combo too, but that might just be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.