What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Despite playing very shitty all night last night I came accidentally across something vs MMH who like to b3 MB after a blocked oh tele , dash in standing 3 parry .

Standing 3 will hit and parry will be perfectly timed to blow up their MB b3

SimSim

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Despite playing very shitty all night last night I came accidentally across something vs MMH who like to b3 MB after a blocked oh tele , dash in standing 3 parry .

Standing 3 will hit and parry will be perfectly timed to blow up their MB b3

SimSim
I never thought about parry... maybe I can find something for WoWo as well. Nice find!

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Hey guys, I have the "B3 dash under j2" combo down pretty consistenly, but when I do it off of a trait grab, the last hit of the air kryptonian rifle does not pop the opponent up, it hits them horizontally and does not let you get any more damage. Any reasons why?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Hey guys, I have the "B3 dash under j2" combo down pretty consistenly, but when I do it off of a trait grab, the last hit of the air kryptonian rifle does not pop the opponent up, it hits them horizontally and does not let you get any more damage. Any reasons why?
This shouldn't happen because of the trait grab. Make sure you are using 3 different versions of air rifle in your combo: slow, normal then fast.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Do you guys ever end combos in D2 x Trait activation? I get frustrated when I end in 123 x Trait and they can just wake-up or dash and regain momentum before I have time to do anything with Trait.

With D2, even if they tech roll, Trait would be ready to swipe or grab so I can go for the mix-ups or zoning.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
SimSim Ok this is weird, in the B3 , Dash , NJ1 x Slowball , JI2 x NormBall , JI2 x FastBall , 123 x PS my problem is hitting the fastball. NJ1 is really easy to hit but I just can't get that 3rd Zodball to hit.

Also for some reason I had a dream where we were playing and you were teaching me how to play SF. I said: "Dude. WTF I want to learn more of Zod stuff. Why're we playing SF?"

EDIT: Ok nvm. I finally got it. I just had to be REALLY early to make it so that the opponent can be at his/her highest.

Though this isn't something I'd risk pulling off online due to the gravity scaling.

Last edited:
I've been on a hiatus from Injustice due to me not owning it on ps4. I'm trying to jump back in starting today and my Zod is hella rusty lmao. My execution is there just trying to relearn what to do in game is rough so far.

Hades

Noob
hey guys i just bought the injustice ultimate edition and i'm trying to learn how to play zod. My question is what should I start with like combos and some basic set ups that are easy to begin with for a day 1 zod. cheers

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Well, regardless of anything else, Zod is now noteworthy from NEC because Snuggly Bear(An amazing but as far as I know unknown Zod) Eliminated KDZ in pools 2-0. Strings are attached of course(KDZ used WW then Superman), but WW match was stompage and Zod vs Superman match was damn good.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

hey guys i just bought the injustice ultimate edition and i'm trying to learn how to play zod. My question is what should I start with like combos and some basic set ups that are easy to begin with for a day 1 zod. cheers
f213 xx PS. It's your best footsie too and the mb PS at the end makes the damage decent

Trait d4 b3 j3 12 MB Close Ground Blast dash 123 ender. Basic Trait Bite combo

You'd do well to check the stuff over in here:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-zod-the-new-combo-bnb-thread.39079/

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Thanks man, he's really fun so far i'm just struggling to learn with him at the moment.
Despite the deadness, we're all very supportive in the Zod forums. He is, afterall, a powerful, but thinking-mandatory character. High learning curve

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Since training mode has decided that d12 is impossible to do, does anyone know how big the gap in d12~ground laser is, and is it the same for any string canceled into it?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Since training mode has decided that d12 is impossible to do, does anyone know how big the gap in d12~ground laser is, and is it the same for any string canceled into it?
I remember having this problem. Bad times :(

Anyways, just press D12 really fast. I piay on pad so I just slide my thumb accross 1 and 2.

As for your question, I've been D1'd out of it. So I'm guessing 7f things can interrupt.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
how do you plink that out?
isnt plinking for one input? for the d12 do you mean to just slide from 1 to 2 multiple times?
Multiple times? That's not my that means

Just drag your thumb across 1-2 once fast while holding down

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think b2-Laser, 123 laser and 112-laser are his only string not interruptible. I feel like there is one more too but cant think of it now