What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
What about corpse hopping neutral jump, then IAZR MB? It might be very matchup specific, but I've found with corpse hopping, you can make the force balls go two different directions, and that might stuff certain wake ups. Just an idea, as I'm not able to test it while I'm at work. Will explore more when I get home though.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
What about corpse hopping neutral jump, then IAZR MB? It might be very matchup specific, but I've found with corpse hopping, you can make the force balls go two different directions, and that might stuff certain wake ups. Just an idea, as I'm not able to test it while I'm at work. Will explore more when I get home though.
I think IAZB MB is a little too slow to be effective. Might look in to the two way shots though, because I know what you are talking about.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim

What is the timing for any three hit dial-a-combo (i.e., 1,2,3) xx bite?

I have figured out that any one hit can be canceled to bite very easily via 4, N, f+2~bite (using f+2 as an example). This technique works for 3 xx bite perfectly too.

Any two hit dial-a-combo can simply be "piano-ed".

But what about any three hit dial-a-combo? I need the exact notation.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim

I have figured out that any one hit can be canceled to bite very easily via 4, N, f+2~bite (using f+2 as an example). This technique works for 3 xx bite perfectly too.

The way I do it, no matter how many hits is just dial it all without pause but holding D4 at the end.

ex: 4F213D4(Hold), 4123D4(Hold), 4213D4(Hold)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim

Hey I got your txt and was about to send u something but my vita was dead and was on a train.

Ill txt u something today that will really help

SimSim

AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim

Piano it as you would with two hit dial. You need to be fast though, so I would suggest "plinking" 4~in to the 3 hits. You might want ti try to hold the d4 at the end as Enuma suggested. The trick is in speed though.

SimSim

haha nothing, i was just gonna send him a private video txt of my hand on vita and giving him mantra cues to say out loud to help with 4 f2 d4

like this

4 F2 D4
(M) (2) (DAVE)

and get him to copy how i say it and press the buttons at same time for timing
Gotcha:p I hope you aren't completely consumed by KI before wrecking some fools at NEC with Zod btw;)

Pig Of The Hut

That's why we have pm's though;) But I haven't gotten any fun stuff in my inbox yet:/
Something ive been doing a lot lately is this

Anytime I land a trait grab ill do b3 slow mb zod balls dash jump forward 2 med ball ji2 fast ball dash 123 zc mb (trait is now back fully loaded) does 43% i think w 2 bars but idgaf because i end w trait

example yesterday i landed that combo ending in trait summon to zc in , f213 4 f2413 d4 whiff 2 ambigious ji2 21 mb low laser combo = D E A D lol there was still like 73 secs on the clock and it was a perfect from basically one touch off the grab and him not guessing mix up correctly

More stuff like this makes me happy

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Thanks for the tips, fools.

I also suggest that everyone start practicing the dash under combo after MB b+3. I gave away so much damage playing P2W yesterday.

Pig Of The Hut

Thanks for the tips, fools.

I also suggest that everyone start practicing the dash under combo after MB b+3. I gave away so much damage playing P2W yesterday.
SimSim

yea man i seriously need advice on this, i always either miss the nj2, or he completely whiffs facing other way.

this combo is annoying and i wont go for it unless i can pull it off w ease

M2Dave

Zoning Master
SimSim

yea man i seriously need advice on this, i always either miss the nj2, or he completely whiffs facing other way.

Ease or not, the combo is almost required now.

Imagine your opponents push blocking and losing 50% of their life. They will never push block again.

SimSim

SimSim

I find that using nj1 instead of nj2 after the b3 is more consistent. It still is harder on some chars than others. Btw I found that b3 in the corner makes for a very easy jump back j2 xx air rifle loop, similar to the mid screen b3, dash, nj2 combo. For example:
f21 xx bb/db MB cancel, jump back 2 xx slow ball, j2 xx normal ball, j2 xx fast ball, dash, 123 xx PS

But also something like this: