What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
That, but probably just Superman too:p Best to keep low in the Phantom Zone until Superman is weakened by the Kryptonite that is NRS!
Zod actually has pretty good tools against Superman, Superman just completely outclasses him in damage (which is crazy because Zod's damage is really good.)

If they nerf Supes and leave Zod at a similar level it will definitely be even or Zod's favor, but for right now I think Superman wins it based on damage alone (on combos and zoning. Fuck 19% damage traited MB lasers!)

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Yea art's a friend, and also a Zod player I believe, even though I haven't really seen him play the character haha. We play the same characters in every game:p
Yeah, now that you mention it, I have no idea who Art plays in this game. Well I'd retweet the hell out of it if I didn't have 0 followers. But I'm sharing the hell out of it everywhere else.

You should put in the stage specific combos where you can summon your trait mid combo and still get a command grab out of it. I can upload some if you don't already have them in a video.

Other then that, I fucking love this video.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Yeah, now that you mention it, I have no idea who Art plays in this game. Well I'd retweet the hell out of it if I didn't have 0 followers. But I'm sharing the hell out of it everywhere else.

You should put in the stage specific combos where you can summon your trait mid combo and still get a command grab out of it. I can upload some if you don't already have them in a video.

Other then that, I fucking love this video.
Thanks for sharing haha! I will look in to it. I had 1 in my video from fortress of solitude.
I don't think I will add anything to this video though, but maybe make a mid combo trait video or something:)

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Thanks for sharing haha! I will look in to it. I had 1 in my video from fortress of solitude.
I don't think I will add anything to this video though, but maybe make a mid combo trait video or something:)
Sounds great. Can't wait to see it. Here's a couple of mine, feel free to use them or brainstorm more ideas off of it, brother.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
So I fell in love with Zod this past week and he's so much fun that I'm really just ready to switch him to my main, but I'm pretty awful with him so far. I have a few questions...

1) wtf with the double j2~air rifle combos. I can do the MB Ground Blast into b3, I can do the first j2~air rifle, but goddamn it is hard to hit the second one. Something about the inputs is messing me up, when I get the second j2 to land, most of the time my rifle won't come out.
2) If I end up opting not to use the trait grab, b3, j2~db1, j2~db1, etc. combo as my bnb off of trait grab, is there something more damaging than b3, j3? It's a pretty big gap in damage, but I am doing horrible with the first combo.
3) How good of a wake-up is Phantom Strike? I'm honestly getting hit out of it a lot by attacks I don't think I should be getting hit by...like, they seem to be eating through my wake-up. They might be going around it, I think it's a problem with the hitbox. Does he have a better option, or should I just wake up blocking in certain MUs/situations?
4) So I usually end my combos in 123~4. I try to initiate pressure with my wraith but people just keep doing long-range wake-ups or just running up in my face and then I have to deal with that and eventually my trait runs out. What are my best options after doing the hard knockdown and taking trait out? Does trait have any defensive properties or does he just sit there when you're eating block strings?

1) wtf with the double j2~air rifle combos. I can do the MB Ground Blast into b3, I can do the first j2~air rifle, but goddamn it is hard to hit the second one. Something about the inputs is messing me up, when I get the second j2 to land, most of the time my rifle won't come out.
Practice/timing. The window for the second ZB is very small and I find I have to do the input a bit earlier than I naturally want to. Also review your inputs in practice mode, make sure you are getting them out cleanly (clean inputs is a HUGE thing in this game, more so than other contemporary fighters).

2) If I end up opting not to use the trait grab, b3, j2~db1, j2~db1, etc. combo as my bnb off of trait grab, is there something more damaging than b3, j3? It's a pretty big gap in damage, but I am doing horrible with the first combo.
IMO practice the first combo until you can land it 10/10 times. Until then use a combo you can hit 10/10 times.

3) How good of a wake-up is Phantom Strike? I'm honestly getting hit out of it a lot by attacks I don't think I should be getting hit by...like, they seem to be eating through my wake-up. They might be going around it, I think it's a problem with the hitbox. Does he have a better option, or should I just wake up blocking in certain MUs/situations?
Phantom Strike is not his invulnerable wake-up. Zod Charge is his invulnerable wake-up.

In general you will either use PS, ZC or his counter depending on what you think the opponent will do. ZC against meaty stuff, PS against non-meaty melee/close range stuff, counter where you feel like making the opponent second guess. All three lose to neutral jump in pressure on wake-up. Not sure what his best bet there is yet.

4) So I usually end my combos in 123~4. I try to initiate pressure with my wraith but people just keep doing long-range wake-ups or just running up in my face and then I have to deal with that and eventually my trait runs out. What are my best options after doing the hard knockdown and taking trait out? Does trait have any defensive properties or does he just sit there when you're eating block strings?
This is all very MU dependent but until the patch his d1 and d12 enders are probably his best options for getting the wraith out. Once the wraith is out the short version goes "Mixup between overhead KT Hug (wraith grab) and laser sweeps". Once you get more advanced you can start using the KT Smith state glitch thing.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Ah yeah, I did a lot better with it tonight than I did earlier today. I started doing fast ZB on the first j2 and regular ZB on the second, and I think that works better.

d12 is awesome, I had no clue it put you + so much. I saw SimSim's video, made a lot of things very clear. I didn't realize how hard he is to play, but it's worth it, he's incredibly fun. I hope he doesn't get hit too hard with the nerfhammer.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Here's hoping that changes like it should in the next patch
Here is how it works now, and I honestly hope it stays so it takes skill to do haha:

If you manage to get the trait grab out at the exact frame the trait has recovered, you can cancel it from normals. So when activating trait, dash up 1 time as fast as you can, do f2 as fast as possible and cancel to d4 as fast as possible, the f2 will cancel in to d4 because the trait has just recovered from being summoned.

When doing slash, normal/string xx trait grab, you are putting the trait in to recovery so you can get the grab out at the first frame after the recovery so you can cancel in to it.

There is a buffer window in Injustice that makes this far from a 1 frame however. When doing slash, 112 xx trait grab for example, the time it takes for 112 to complete is faaar to long for it to be the first possible frame after recovery for trait, but because you press 112 xx d4 as fast as possible, the inputs que up and it will work anyway.

With a single normal canceled in to trait grab you can't just que up the inputs like that, so you have to time it better.

SimSim fucking awesome vid!! I didn't know you could B3 after Lazer MB wow!!
Thanks man! B3 after MB laser is only consistent after close raw laser or 21 xx mb laser from my experience though. The 213 xx mb laser dash, b3 is impossible to get consistent I am pretty sure haha