What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've been thinking on some Zod strategy so I'm curious what those that are more advanced with him think of the following.

Do you guys think it's better to finish a combo off early in which you can get a hard knock down, like 123, just so you can get trait out; or take max damage and bring out our little friend after?

I know that's kind of relative to situation but just in general how do you guys approach that?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I've been thinking on some Zod strategy so I'm curious what those that are more advanced with him think of the following.

Do you guys think it's better to finish a combo off early in which you can get a hard knock down, like 123, just so you can get trait out; or take max damage and bring out our little friend after?

I know that's kind of relative to situation but just in general how do you guys approach that?
Max damage combos with Zod have to end in MB Phantom Strike, which will require 2+ meters, otherwise the positioning is shit(Looking at you Zod Charge). Stick with 123 trait.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Max damage combos with Zod have to end in MB Phantom Strike, which will require 2+ meters, otherwise the positioning is shit(Looking at you Zod Charge). Stick with 123 trait.
Yeah Zod charge is only good mid screen IMO. Why put yourself in he corner. I'm just wondering if I should get the extra 10+ish% and go for the trait set up, or just trait set up basicly. It's a good debate point i'd like to see.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Alright, so here is the first draft for my zod video.

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
Take my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I have finally managed to get a good video editor that does what I want it to, so the project is continuing. I still lack some main content I feel, so it looks like the videos will be pretty similar if I don't find some stuff. At least it will include better freeze frames with info, overlay text, more music variety and generally better editing with a lot of glitch nonsense at the end ofc!

Pig Of The Hut

I have finally managed to get a good video editor that does what I want it to, so the project is continuing. I still lack some main content I feel, so it looks like the videos will be pretty similar if I don't find some stuff. At least it will include better freeze frames with info, overlay text, more music variety and generally better editing with a lot of glitch nonsense at the end ofc!
U got time to talk on Skype later?

SimSim

SimSim how do u do that 2:38 glitch?
Ah.. I made the video to make it look cool, but it's really not that exciting. It's merely the usual glitch starter, then a normal throw, followed by a laser. The usual trait glitch makes you able to cancel the grab and do whatever you want, but it also makes the opponent able to do whatever he wants too. So not viable, just cool looking in a video;)

PS: A f2 during the throw as fast possible could catch the opponent by surprise though

SimSim

Wanted to talk some MUs
Sure I can theorize about that with you at some point, but my only experience is mostly online play in Norway, so I'm probably not a very good source. I am pretty good at theory fighting though, and I am a lab monster;)

REYTHEGREAT

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
Wow. This is some good stuff.

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
This is amazing. I love that set up with the Zod ball after the trait grab knock down, then the cross over jump kick.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
Just make the damn video already! These 'great stuff' comments for something not even done is getting annoying......

Pig Of The Hut

SimSim

Something I've been liking - NO - I'm loving is IAZB above head slightly dash in and either 123/213/f213/11d2 either in hit pops them to the ball dash in 12 MB laser dash 123 trait summon

SimSim

SimSim

Something I've been liking - NO - I'm loving is IAZB above head slightly dash in and either 123/213/f213/11d2 either in hit pops them to the ball dash in 12 MB laser dash 123 trait summon
If it's above head, what's stopping them from mashing buttons when you dash in? Lack of experience? IAZB that is in head hight wouldn't give you the same result but in a "safer" way, because they can't stop your dash in attack?

I agree btw. I think covering yourself with an IAZB and pressure the opponent will be a common strategy at high level. I should add it to the video:)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm on my phone and can't make a status update so forgive me this once: When is the 'big patch' coming? And will it come with a character? Or just Supes and Bats skins?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Pig Of The Hut

If it's above head, what's stopping them from mashing buttons when you dash in? Lack of experience? IAZB that is in head hight wouldn't give you the same result but in a "safer" way, because they can't stop your dash in attack?

I agree btw. I think covering yourself with an IAZB and pressure the opponent will be a common strategy at high level. I should add it to the video:)
I believe the result is same head level

Ill test today

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Btw you guys probably haven't seen much zod stuff from me recently, the reason is I dropped him until the patch.

I'll be back to him after that probably.