What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
how is a house or a bar a replacement for a dedicated arcade
Frankly, it's not. But I'd imagine that if the NYC fighting scene were to lose their only arcade they could come up with an alternative option. I mean it's freaking New York. There has to be a few less than stellar but viable options

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Wish there were fighting scenes where I live. Literally no one plays injustice in my area but me. xD

Sabin

Elder God
Don't take this as advocating the loss of the arcade, but couldn't you all just do a Bum's House thing or something? Or maybe a gamer friendly bar? There's gotta be a few of those running around in NYC.

That does not work. Look what happens to the scenes that lose their local places to play..COMMUNITY DIES. 100% of the time.
Also youre comparing a house to a business. What happens if the host doesnt like you? Shit out of luck, blackballed from the community. Not the case at a place of business.

I know the Atlanta Kombat guys do their thing at a house, I've seen their stream and it's awesome. It's 1 community though. Very very difficult to host several communities consistently.

I know Next Level is not perfect, but I'm happy that it's around, it's all we have left. I agree they need to fix the issues that Jailhouse brought up though. But I know if Next Level dies, it's KO for the NY FGC. It's basically the successor to Chinatown Fair.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
That does not work. Look what happens to the scenes that lose their local places to play..COMMUNITY DIES. 100% of the time.
Also youre comparing a house to a business. What happens if the host doesnt like you? Shit out of luck, blackballed from the community. Not the case at a place of business.

I know the Atlanta Kombat guys do their thing at a house, I've seen their stream and it's awesome. It's 1 community though. Very very difficult to host several communities consistently.

I know Next Level is not perfect, but I'm happy that it's around, it's all we have left. I agree they need to fix the issues that Jailhouse brought up though. But I know if Next Level dies, it's KO for the NY FGC. It's basically the successor to Chinatown Fair.
I agree with Sab's whole heartedly. Could the conditions be better, probably if it is as Jailhouse describes. But is it better than nothing? Absolutely! If that is the only dedicated establishment, you need to hold on to that till grim death. Support it as best you can and I am sure in time the necessary improvements will come with ample support. Be thankful there is a place of business that caters to the scene. When I was back home in Iowa, there was absolutely nothing! Luckily I am in Chicago now and GGA is close enough for me to visit in the future.

haketh

Noob

Huh, thought you guys had different venues. And losing a place like that does do significant harm to a scene, San Francisco scene hasn't been as strong since STA closed seeing how alot of the scene doesn't wanan go to Oakland to support the MADE.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
As in total whiff punish? f2. As in not sure if enough time? d1 2 xx MB Laser
For those moves which are punishable but only if you know you can, I.e. they don't give a lot of time to punish. I can never punish with Zod, the opponent usually recover before the f.2 can connect. I thought there might be something better than f.2 or d.1.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
For those moves which are punishable but only if you know you can, I.e. they don't give a lot of time to punish. I can never punish with Zod, the opponent usually recover before the f.2 can connect. I thought there might be something better than f.2 or d.1.

D1 is supposedly 7f. That's pretty fast. Though honestly when I play Zod I feel like it isn't really 7f. Just like his Phantom Strike that was supposedly -1. I'll test it maybe later or when I feel like playing. 'cause IGAU isn't feeling me lately.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Alright, so here is the first draft for my zod video.

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
Great stuff Sim Sim! Flawless Victory.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

NHDR

Noob
I've been playing Deathstroke and have abandoned Zod. I still want to main him at some point. Anyway, good news is I managed to get the Instant Krypton Rifle to come out on the 360 d-pad. Its strict but I got a feel for how the motion should be done. Unfortunately, the way the d-pad is means I'll probably never get it 100%

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
haha found something like this 50 minutes ago, was about to go TYM to post it, and bam, some1 did it before haha, but to be fair is on a whole different level then what i was about to post haha
Heres another little bit of tech dor people if its not knowing

When you finidh with Zods 123, string, laser fws dash cancle it if times right it flips ops direction and if not that it Flips inputs, with the exception of some
Technically its a quick cross over

Edit: after watching it again, this is nothing like i was gonna post, i was only gonna post 22, zod hit lasser cancel, you my freind are a moster

Edit again, that cross over Tech i just put is already in this Video, this man has done it all, Front page this shit

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
haha found something like this 50 minutes ago, was about to go TYM to post it, and bam, some1 did it before haha, but to be fair is on a whole different level then what i was about to post haha
Heres another little bit of tech dor people if its not knowing

When you finidh with Zods 123, string, laser fws dash cancle it if times right it flips ops direction and if not that it Flips inputs, with the exception of some
Technically its a quick cross over

Edit: after watching it again, this is nothing like i was gonna post, i was only gonna post 22, zod hit lasser cancel, you my freind are a moster

Edit again, that cross over Tech i just put is already in this Video, this man has done it all, Front page this shit
Nooo haha! This is just a draft! No front page please!!!! But thanks a lot for the kind words!:)

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
D1 is supposedly 7f. That's pretty fast. Though honestly when I play Zod I feel like it isn't really 7f. Just like his Phantom Strike that was supposedly -1. I'll test it maybe later or when I feel like playing. 'cause IGAU isn't feeling me lately.
Yeah that's my problem. I feel like I can't punish most moves with Zods starters, only his charge move.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
K I'm uploading a video right now proving Zod's D1 is not 7 frames. DS's Sword Spin is 0 on hit and his D1 is also 7f. But his D1 always beats mine. You can see and hear me mash D1 and it doesn't even look close to trading.

I mean just look at other 7f moves and Zod's D1. They're definitely not the same speed. Zod's D1 looks a lot like Reptile's D4 in MK9 which was 9f.

Will edit post as the video is uploaded.

NVM it seems sometimes he wins, sometimes I do, but it never trades. Can someone find a better way to test this?

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
K I'm uploading a video right now proving Zod's D1 is not 7 frames. DS's Sword Spin is 0 on hit and his D1 is also 7f. But his D1 always beats mine. You can see and hear me mash D1 and it doesn't even look close to trading.

I mean just look at other 7f moves and Zod's D1. They're definitely not the same speed. Zod's D1 looks a lot like Reptile's D4 in MK9 which was 9f.

Will edit post as the video is uploaded.

NVM it seems sometimes he wins, sometimes I do, but it never trades. Can someone find a better way to test this?
I'm starting to think Zod was the most un-tested character and they just released him lol