What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Doomsday is a scrub killer online.

You can't even block his air dive attack. It tracks like Doom missiles and it's incredibly difficult to dodge with online netplay.

GG if any of you were blowing me up online with this today.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Doom's cross up body splash is sick
it has the REALLY good quality of having MASSIVE frame advantage the later you hit with it...

By that I mean, if you jump forward and immediately go down +hp and hit the body splash SUPER LATE he seems to have MORE frame advantage that if you were to do the body splash toward the end of the jump arc.

This is good, more frame advantage means more time to 'hit confirm' into close fierce xx Ex ES combos!

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
i been playing doomsday for like a day and i think hes hella cheap..

tbh this game is scrubby as hell..
Yep went to Wednesday Night Fights last night and got to see players in action many of which have had the game much before it's release date...

The meta that's developing right now doesn't seem to be one that really pleases me, The neutral game mainly consists of either long range high/lows and/or reckless jumpins which typically are hard to anti-air given that characters generally have less than stellar anti-airs.

Once a knock down is obtained for either players, subsequent pressure is nothing more than SPEWING high's and lows randomly all across the screen for combo conversion. Many players were unfamiliar with strings from other characters so the entire tournament was people just PUKING on the screen aimlessly...

It feels extremely random, not rewarding at all!
I think this game will remain a 'fun game' and has a foundation too laced with inherit randomness to ever be considered to have the same cerebral dimension as other 2D fighters, Imo...

lovelessLP

stoned on a monday
it looked like at WNF last night it was most people's first time playing the game. i was better than almost everyone playing on stream after only playing the game for ~6 hours. it's hard to say any meta is developing on day 2, especially after watching that debacle.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Yep went to Wednesday Night Fights last night and got to see players in action many of which have had the game much before it's release date...

The meta that's developing right now doesn't seem to be one that really pleases me, The neutral game mainly consists of either long range high/lows and/or reckless jumpins which typically are hard to anti-air given that characters generally have less than stellar anti-airs.

Once a knock down is obtained for either players, subsequent pressure is nothing more than SPEWING high's and lows randomly all across the screen for combo conversion. Many players were unfamiliar with strings from other characters so the entire tournament was people just PUKING on the screen aimlessly...

It feels extremely random, not rewarding at all!
I think this game will remain a 'fun game' and has a foundation too laced with inherit randomness to ever be considered to have the same cerebral dimension as other 2D fighters, Imo...
As much as I hate to admit it, you are correct.... Killer Frost is one big walking 50/50 that leads into HUGE damage, Doomsday will Body Splash for days on 3/4 of the cast... the only real "tech" out side of vomiting random high/low/unblockable strings in the GAME so far is with Grudy's WC cancel and the Cyborg cancels.....AA's suck to lol.... Watch for characters like Grundy, Raven, and Doomsday to be top tier for their great ability to keep players grounded.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
it's hard to say any meta is developing on day 2, especially after watching that debacle.
I think every top 8/16 player had the game a good amount of time before the game came out
this is more like week 2 meta, not day two

don't mean to be a negative nancy, I hope i'm wrong in fact
just needed to get that straight.

Safe to say, having a chance in high level play is going to demand that we know the basic high/low strings of popular characters and maybe eventually the whole cast. Once it's known what can be done and once it's known how to punish, high level play will hopefully evolve into something more satisfying, but for now we train!

I found a real good strategy for Doomsday. His 3 is +7 on block so if you jump in (preferably with d3) into 3 you have safe offensive options. On block you get a free d1 (d1df2 shenanigans). On hit you could link into a d1df3 for 23% with the jump in d3, (d1df3MB does 31% with the jump in d3) or into a d1Super which does 43% including the jump in d3. This link is actually very easy, initially it was difficult for me but after realizing that I have a lot more time than I thought to do the d1 it became much easier. Make sure to let them fall before doing the d1xx link, you have plenty of time.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
so in case few players haven't discovered it yet
Ex Tackle is +6 on block
Follow up grab/ cr lp xx special

pretty cheap way to get in a do some damage
that goes double if doom armor is activated!

I'm posting this here because I figure if you're in a character subforum discussion you care about getting better and maximizing your beastmode. I'd like to get some lobbies going with like-minded players especially players who are already established and don't mind deigning to play online with unknowns. Add me on XBL: Bolo Yeung.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Is anyone else having a bitch of a time getting the anti-air grab to actually be a fucking anti-air? I just played like 20+ games against a few different people and this move was getting stuffed by basically everyone's j.3. And I had almost zero luck getting it to snag cross-ups.

Seriously, WTF is this shit?

And has anyone else noticed that j.d3 has like... zero air-to-air priority? Loses to basically every j.3 in the game... I guess that seems fair considering what it does to grounded opponents, but holy shit is it annoying.

The big problem right now is the AA grab. I really can't get this thing to work for shit. The only move I'm consistently anti-airing any of these jump happy dumbfucks with is db2. Which is great, but I want my goddamn air-grab to work. For real, I have more luck with d2.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I think the grab hitbox is weird for this. I've only ever got it to work when they were right above me. db2 is also a godlike reversal when they early jump in after Doomsday is knocked down

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Is anyone else having a bitch of a time getting the anti-air grab to actually be a fucking anti-air? I just played like 20+ games against a few different people and this move was getting stuffed by basically everyone's j.3. And I had almost zero luck getting it to snag cross-ups.

Seriously, WTF is this shit?

And has anyone else noticed that j.d3 has like... zero air-to-air priority? Loses to basically every j.3 in the game... I guess that seems fair considering what it does to grounded opponents, but holy shit is it annoying.

The big problem right now is the AA grab. I really can't get this thing to work for shit. The only move I'm consistently anti-airing any of these jump happy dumbfucks with is db2. Which is great, but I want my goddamn air-grab to work. For real, I have more luck with d2.
The biggest problem with Injustice is the AA priority right now (IMO). I've been testing a bunch with AA's and JI3 has priority over like 90% of grounded normals.... With Grundy I just J3 around which translates into roughly 45-60% depending on how much meter I wanna spend.... that is fucking stupid. I'm having a hard time taking IGAU seriously at this point becasue of this and many other just plain bad mechanics.

Doomsday is pretty good.

So far I've been using him subbing him from Superman. Ex splash is great to counter zoners, but Nightwing can dodge is full screen when he does his projectile.

Ex Tackle is best used after a whiffed or blocked tackle. you can D1xxGround Pound for a mix up, but I wouldn't recommend it after it hits once in high level play.

I noticed his super says unblockable as well.... Don't know if this was in early versions, or it's a mistake that it's blockable.

He has slow normals, most are beat out by the entire casts other normals. I also main Killer Frost, but I wouldn't fear her with Doomsday, she doesn't seem to have solid AA options, but that's not for this thread. I see some concerns with people in this thread.

Doomsday does a lot of damage. His J.D3 -> 1-2-3 -> tackle is 35%... You can get mad damage off of that in the corner with juggles as shown by TonyTTT, and I have variants of that combo. I don't have HD recording software, but I do intend on releasing a little FAQ/How-To video to help. I'm a big superman fan, and I love the Death and Return/Reign of Supermen arch. I've been bugging boon to put an Eradicator alt for Supes in the game. hopefully it happens.

Also, 2 2 1+3 isn't a safe block string, it can be supered on reaction, so I'd try to subtly go for that. I'd only really use it if I had my back toward the corner.

That's all for now, I'll try to keep this alive, not a lot of people care for DD, it's sad.

SoVi3t

Noob
I've been bugging boon to put an Eradicator alt for Supes in the game. hopefully it happens.
If you get a chance to bug him again, ask for a Doomslayer skin for Doomsday, and Cyborg Doomsday, and the other clones from the Reign of Doomsday crossovers.

Also, 2 2 1+3 isn't a safe block string, it can be supered on reaction, so I'd try to subtly go for that. I'd only really use it if I had my back toward the corner.
I have a few questions about that string. I have trouble landing it a lot. The 1+3 just doesn't come out like I would like. Does this only work on hit? Can you do it off a jump in?

That's all for now, I'll try to keep this alive, not a lot of people care for DD, it's sad.
I actually like this. The people that know about the monster known as Doomsday, the better. I have yet to come across another DD player online yet. So many people seem to think he is a grappler.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
2,2, 1+2 almost never works online for me for some reason, seems i'm not the only one with this problem.

It's only good for getting people in the corner, Doomsday seems to be all about corner game.

2-2 1+3 you have to input the 1+3 as quick as possible. I play a lot of SSFIV so, my input are usually precise and very, very quick. I have great execution. I've noticed in this game, as with MK, the negative edge kills me, so I have to sometimes hold down buttons to stop that from happening, like pressing 3 in the corner for that juggle, and holding 3 while I press db 2 for the kintaro stomp.

Like I said though, I wouldn't ever use 2-2 1+3 on block, I don't know what else a player could do, maybe mash a DP like move (sword spin from DS) or a crouching 1.... But I do know, almost every character can super mash on block against that string. I went into training mode, put the AI on reversal, and then auto block, I went in with a crouch 1 for the hit, then immediately did 2-2-1+3 and as soon as 1+3 came out, they either supered, or did slide. (i was fighting batman) It's just not safe.

Also, someone earlier on said body splash/honda splash J.D3 isn't a good air-air.... I beg to differ.... It's hitbox is huge... I beat out everyone, especially if I'm already in the air, and they try to jump and hit me. It also beats most air special moves. The only moves I've been hit by are Supe's grab, wonder woman's SRK, and doomsday's shoulder, and grab. But I've beaten most AA's with that move. and as an air to air, I always win. You can activate that move ASAP when you jump and most of the time no one can counter, and the stagger it causes on hit is great, you can activate it early, and still get a 35+% combo off of it. I abuse that move, the only thing people can do is super on your jump to hit you, if they have a good AA super. (nightwing and sinestro do, so be cautious)

Some of my combo's.

Thanks to TonyT for showing me max damage on his youtube.

In the Corner- JD.3 1-2-3, 3xxDF2(meter burn), b231 xx db2 - 44% 1 bar
In the Corner- JD.3 1-2-3, 3xxDF3 35% meterless
Anywhere on screen JD.3 1-2-3 -> DF3 -32?% meterless
Anywhere on screen JD.3 1-2-3 -> Super 49%

You can take out the jump 3, and still do these combos they will be less damage, but you can be safer not jumping.

Never do 1-2-3 on block, it's safe, but you can cancel the last hit into anything.... I'd recommend d1 if they block your J.D3... JD.3 is great for cross ups too btw, huge hitbox, on their wake up, if you do your JD.3 late, you can stuff 90% of wakeup attacks.

I've stated above EX tackle after the first hit of the tackle makes you safe. Alot of people said they can punish it, but doomsday is a considerable distance away from people. people are able to punish, but it's rare... It's really rare, I'd compare it to day 1 kung lao, how some people could punish the spin but not many were able to on reaction because of the tightness of it. it's sort of like that. I'd recommend using this to get in, and then do a quick d1 -df2 the High low of that is great, and usually always gets a knock down, to restart your offense.

That's all I got for now...

Also shout outs to tonyT again, the fortress combo is practical, I've pulled it off in probably 20+ matches. Great stuff. I always pick the Fortress because it's the closest to a training stage in my mind I have in this game. lots of blues and whites, and it's superman related. Anyway, cheers guys.