What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Perfect Legend plays Doomsday on his stream www.twitch.tv/perfectlegend
You can check the archives to see him crushing several characters including a decent Deathstroke.
The main thing I noticed about his playstyle is D1 (crouching light attack) is the only normal he uses on the ground, mostly cancelled into groundpound or shoulder charge. When he jumps he uses 3 (Heavy) into D1xxShoulder. Most of his meter usage goes on MB Sky Drop or Shoulder Charge. Finally he activates the trait whenever he feels like, most of his knockdowns are used to close the distance and presssure on wakeup, often with a Jump 3.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Perfect Legend plays Doomsday on his stream www.twitch.tv/perfectlegend
You can check the archives to see him crushing several characters including a decent Deathstroke.
The main thing I noticed about his playstyle is D1 (crouching light attack) is the only normal he uses on the ground, mostly cancelled into groundpound or shoulder charge. When he jumps he uses 3 (Heavy) into D1xxShoulder. Most of his meter usage goes on MB Sky Drop or Shoulder Charge. Finally he activates the trait whenever he feels like, most of his knockdowns are used to close the distance and presssure on wakeup, often with a Jump 3.
Ya I watched that yesterday.... the biggest thing I noticed however is how he used the should charge as a mobility tool (think reptile elbow dash).... the more I see Doomsday, the more I'm falling in love <3

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Ya I watched that yesterday.... the biggest thing I noticed however is how he used the should charge as a mobility tool (think reptile elbow dash).... the more I see Doomsday, the more I'm falling in love <3
Yes, he even used the rising shoulder move to jump over projectiles once or twice.

Fractured_Shadow

Yes, he even used the rising shoulder move to jump over projectiles once or twice.
Ya Doomsday's mobility is great.... That is what is drawing me to him the most.... trait+EX SuperNova=Auto Pressure

He is the only character I've seen so far that can get on you and stay on you..... reminds me of Kung Lao

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Ya Doomsday's mobility is great.... That is what is drawing me to him the most.... trait+EX SuperNova=Auto Pressure

He is the only character I've seen so far that can get on you and stay on you..... reminds me of Kung Lao
Indeed, I'm sure he'll be just as retarded as Kung Lao online, Batman might well also and I aim to get all the ragequits with Wonder Woman's air moves.

Random thoughts on character after playing him for a little bit:

Super Nova is going to be one of the most bitched about moves when the game officially comes out rofl. Can't really see any visual difference between regular and EX versions. Even though the follow up is avoidable lol

I really like Doomsday's air control. Has 3 anti-air moves that each cover a different part of the screen. Super Nova for straight up, anti-air grab for people jumping at you and Upwards Shoulder Charge for those far away jumps.

EX Tackle is silly. Has armor and is safe on block rofl. Also I think I got hit out of regular shoulder charge a couple times.

The strings I were doing were his 3 hit ones cause they were safe on block. Gotta look into his strings more.

Overall I think the character is ok. Time will tell if he will be a great character after other characters have been explored.

Fractured_Shadow

Random thoughts on character after playing him for a little bit:

Super Nova is going to be one of the most bitched about moves when the game officially comes out rofl. Can't really see any visual difference between regular and EX versions. Even though the follow up is avoidable lol

I really like Doomsday's air control. Has 3 anti-air moves that each cover a different part of the screen. Super Nova for straight up, anti-air grab for people jumping at you and Upwards Shoulder Charge for those far away jumps.

EX Tackle is silly. Has armor and is safe on block rofl. Also I think I got hit out of regular shoulder charge a couple times.

The strings I were doing were his 3 hit ones cause they were safe on block. Gotta look into his strings more.

Overall I think the character is ok. Time will tell if he will be a great character after other characters have been explored.
Explore his corner mixups... he has a high low game that is just......just stupid..... He is a beast to deal with in the corner. Which is another thing I love about him.... it's pretty easy to place a player in the corner and keep them there with all his options.

Explore his corner mixups... he has a high low game that is just......just stupid..... He is a beast to deal with in the corner. Which is another thing I love about him.... it's pretty easy to place a player in the corner and keep them there with all his options.
See I didn't really get to practice anything cause I was playing people the entire time. I only remembered the moves I pinned lol.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Can anyone explain to me what makes Doomsday good?

His damage is probably lowest in the game. He gets like 19% meterless and like 28% for a bar? That's really low...

Also his strings are some of the slowest in the game. His 1 is a 10 frame high and the next fastest move is 13 or 14 frames. His d1 isn't even good (7 frames -1 or -2)

It seems like all he has are gimmicks... That J.D+3 is a great jump attack, but all the top tiers will be able to AA it. His unblockable is fully punishable on reaction once people get used to it. His overhead to low special is good, but people will learn to block it and then what? It's not like he has any strings ending in lows to mix that up with. His charge is mad unsafe.

It seems like he needs meter to do ANYTHING, and even then he doesn't get much reward from it.

Someone please help.

His damage is probably lowest in the game. He gets like 19% meterless and like 28% for a bar? That's really low...

Also his strings are some of the slowest in the game. His 1 is a 10 frame high and the next fastest move is 13 or 14 frames. His d1 isn't even good (7 frames -1 or -2)

It seems like all he has are gimmicks... That J.D+3 is a great jump attack, but all the top tiers will be able to AA it. His unblockable is fully punishable on reaction once people get used to it. His overhead to low special is good, but people will learn to block it and then what? It's not like he has any strings ending in lows to mix that up with. His charge is mad unsafe.

It seems like he needs meter to do ANYTHING, and even then he doesn't get much reward from it.

Someone please help.
but the EX Charge is silly. Its +6 I believe. Also I was using shoulder charge to catch back dashes and people doing environmentals.

True. I was getting mashed out of everything lol. When I was using him yesterday I had rely heavily on reads.

He is meter dependent and I think that could be a problem for wagers. Cause for me at least I was using EX moves a lot so I rarely had more than 2 bars at any time.

Fractured_Shadow

this character is so ridiculous lol, i love him. not sure yet on who can take him out. his mixups are godlike!

I have a 70% combo with him so far.

LOL.... just saying..... EGP Wonder_Chef, I'm in the process of making a breakdown like the Sinestro one Pig made...... I will cunsulting with others as to not appear to be just my 2 cents..... but from my tinkerings around he is one of the best in the game atm... I've only seen one character that will give him issues but I'm sure that will all change

EGP Wonder_Chef

LOL.... just saying..... EGP Wonder_Chef, I'm in the process of making a breakdown like the Sinestro one Pig made...... I will cunsulting with others as to not appear to be just my 2 cents..... but from my tinkerings around he is one of the best in the game atm... I've only seen one character that will give him issues but I'm sure that will all change
TONY-T is it one of those crazy double stage interaction combos or is it an actual combo that you could use most of the time?

Fractured_Shadow

It seems like all he has are gimmicks... That J.D+3 is a great jump attack, but all the top tiers will be able to AA it.
The priority on this game is kinda fucked off.... grapplers (and Doomsday) are the only one's with consistant AA's at this point.... A large portion of the cast that relys on d2 for AA get crushed by JI+whatevers.

His charge is mad unsafe.
-9 is mad unsafe? Unless this changed in a patch I wasn't aware of, it really isn't that unsafe and is a GREAT mobility tool (reptile dash)

edit: oh and it hits mid :)

Skitzo

Noob
The priority on this game is kinda fucked off.... grapplers (and Doomsday) are the only one's with consistant AA's at this point.... A large portion of the cast that relys on d2 for AA get crushed by JI+whatevers.

-9 is mad unsafe? Unless this changed in a patch I wasn't aware of, it really isn't that unsafe and is a GREAT mobility tool (reptile dash)

A lot of characters have a fast standing 1 that can punish

Hell, Sinestro has a 7f standing 1

EGP Wonder_Chef

all the top chars can AA his j.D+2. Green Lantern, Superman, Aquaman, Grundy, Raven, etc.

And yeah -9 is really unsafe against a lot of the top chars. Green Lantern, Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Nightwing, Killer Frost, Wonder Woman, Batman etc all get huge combos off of that.