What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

Character Biography --
Doomsday was originally created on Krypton as a part of a deranged scientist's quest to create the perfect hunter. The creature was subjected to cruel and terrible experiments --killed and cloned thousands upon thousands of times--a process that allowed his body to adapt natural defenses against whatever previously had bested him. Through this sort of rapid evolution, Doomsday became an unstoppable, nearly indestructible creature of violence and death that knew only hate and sought to kill everything in its path. Read More>
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

Mvskokee

It's what I am. I dont care why.
Mained day 1 no doubt. I just hope he wont be ass. But I cant see how he would be.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Doomsday looks badass. I don't know if I'll seriously play him, but I will certainly mess around with him in training mode.

Axe1133

Big Blue Boyscout
I want to know how a character like Doomsday will fit into Injustice?
Don't get me wrong, i wanted Doomsday in the game since day 1, but I'm curious how he's going to roll in the story.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I think he will play a significant role in this. I might be wrong, but this game is about Superman and his regime, right ? If Batman and his gang fails, who is gonna stop the gone wild boy scout ? That's right, none other than the one who killed him.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
He looks very scary. And not only in gameplay. There is something scary about such a big and spiky guy moving at high speed.

Every move he does seems to brutal.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
In case anybody was curious as to exactly what Doomsday's trait is, from what I can glean from fighting against him at the end of the battle ladder on the demo is that it's hyper-armor. He gets coated in this weird prism skin and doesn't experience hitstun. Stayed active for an impressively long time too.

Looks like it might reduce damage a bit too? I can't be sure. It's either that or Batman's strings are wicked weak.

Should have been obvious but I know there were some people on the site that were thinking that it was something a little more complex or whatever.

Also, his cometdrop seems unblockable. He wasn't willing to do it to me a lot but I was blocking every time and still ate it. I'd test this out more but I'm unwilling to go back into the demo because I can't button map and the default button-layout is an atrocity on a HORI VLX.

This character will be seriously terrifying.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
haven't played, is there a chance that the doomsday is the demo was a powered up version?
The Doomsday from the demo is a broken version of him from becasue this is an older build... he has been balanced out... that being said, I can confirm that Doomsday will be top 5.... without a doubt.... the lack of an ability to cancel dashes with blocking or pokes makes characters that are a bit slower but hit like trucks and win out on hit trades WAAAAAAAAY more terrifying..... the feel of the game has me doubting the viablility of Cage-esque style players with the amount of armor, traits, and dash mechanics of this games.

In case anybody was curious as to exactly what Doomsday's trait is, from what I can glean from fighting against him at the end of the battle ladder on the demo is that it's hyper-armor. He gets coated in this weird prism skin and doesn't experience hitstun. Stayed active for an impressively long time too.

Looks like it might reduce damage a bit too? I can't be sure. It's either that or Batman's strings are wicked weak..
He does experience hitstun its just very very brief on all moves making certain moves more punishable than they should be. I think the damage is decreased though

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
He does experience hitstun its just very very brief on all moves making certain moves more punishable than they should be. I think the damage is decreased though
Its 25%

You can test it with Batmans parry. Parry does 12% normally. Parrying a doomsday with the trait does 8%, that's a 25% reduction.

Trait seems to be 6 seconds of lower hitstun, blockstun, no juggles and no impairment. Strong stuff.