What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
There's no combo thread or am I just not seeing it?

Edit: There's the destroyer of worlds' guide by Jeremiah, but is it updated? Looks to have some decent combos.

So far I'm really enjoying this character's movement and he has a fair amount of really good plus on block strings with awesome range!

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
DDs movement is great =)

Btw a zoning Superman is a big threat to DD? I know his trait screws DDs lolol

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Edit: There's the destroyer of worlds' guide by Jeremiah, but is it updated? Looks to have some decent combos.
Doomsday never received updates to his frame data so all those combos still work

I don't think its too big of a issue. MB Venom to get in, Dash Forward after lasers and trait followed by MB Venom so you can hit Supes out of his trait.

If you read an airdash you can pause for a second to see if he airdashes towards you so you can Air Snatch. Basically the whole trick is to be as patient as the zoner is so you can find the right gaps to get in. If you do get in we don't have to worry about F2,3 to whiff punish D1 from ridiculous range like he used to

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
DDs movement is great =)

if he jump eye lasers Mb supernova and your back in his face. On the ground its a bit tougher.usually walk and block. Duck zap if u can. But trait will run out and armor up or Mb venom

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Oh yeah! Forgot how good supernova is vs air projectiles. Aye, prolly saving trait to use after Superman uses it is worth it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Though the forums have been super quiet, has anyone considered doing a doomsday character council?
I agree completely. We need to reunite our forces and talk some Doom for the coming year.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a character council?
I do believe it's pretty much a gathering of all a character's representatives in the name of bettering their strategies and capabilities.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
I agree completely. We need to reunite our forces and talk some Doom for the coming year.

I do believe it's pretty much a gathering of all a character's representatives in the name of bettering their strategies and capabilities.
I believe it's only a handful of a character repersentive. Iirc.

cR_whiteboi

Actually I've been messing with Hawk girl for Doomsday's bad match ups. I still play Doomsday. I just might not play him as often. I like Frost but she has no air control, and that's a pretty big deal breaker for me.
Well at least your not dumping us, for the ice queen. But in curiosity, which mu do you think hawkgirl wins, that dd fails?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Well at least your not dumping us, for the ice queen. But in curiosity, which mu do you think hawkgirl wins, that dd fails?
There's a lot that at least feel easier. Like Batman, Supes, and WW. I just really like that you have to respect her pressure and can't really mash out of it unless you're bane or something. I haven't been playing much Frost lately because I had to ship my stick out to get repaired and I don't have an octo-gate laying around. So my execution has been too off to do Frost combos. I really just haven't been feeling Doomsday lately. I have some ideas for tech that I might go into training mode and practice though.

Espio

Kokomo
I've always thought that Hawkgirl and Doomsday were a good complimentary team, they cover each others problems nicely, while being unique enough from each other to give you a nice variety playstyle wise.

Like for example, Hawkgirl can hang with Superman and Wonder Woman better whereas Doomsday handles Sinestro just fine in my opinion.

I actually at one point thought of rocking just those two, it's still a pretty good idea.

SonicBoomBrad

I've always thought that Hawkgirl and Doomsday were a good complimentary team, they cover each others problems nicely, while being unique enough from each other to give you a nice variety playstyle wise.

Like for example, Hawkgirl can hang with Superman and Wonder Woman better whereas Doomsday handles Sinestro just fine in my opinion.

I actually at one point thought of rocking just those two, it's still a pretty good idea.
Exactly. You're always so thoughtful Espio. <3

cR_whiteboi

Oh he's always thoughtful espio. <3. I've never played the superman matchup ( though I had all the chances to play them at nec) so I can't comment on it. It didn't look that hard, but compared to what ive seen hawkgirl and superman, probably is easier. Wonder woman, from AK elitegoomba, iirc wins the hawkgirl mu? Now batman I hate, so I can understand. Your not as big as a scumbag as me, because I'm raising a pocket aquaman for that mu.
Also your an octagon player too?

SonicBoomBrad

Also what you looking at in the lab? Ive been looking at stuffing all non true wakeups.
Yeah I'm an octogon player. I've been thinking more in terms of 50/50s. He has one off of sweep. You and Noobe probably know that one already. I want to find stuff off of 23d1 too because that string is really good in neutral game. I also want to implement more mb b3s. I don't really have much else though. I mean I found that corner tech and that still doesn't really help him out much in the match ups he loses.

cR_whiteboi

Yeah I'm an octogon player. I've been thinking more in terms of 50/50s. He has one off of sweep. You and Noobe probably know that one already. I want to find stuff off of 23d1 too because that string is really good in neutral game. I also want to implement more mb b3s. I don't really have much else though. I mean I found that corner tech and that still doesn't really help him out much in the match ups he loses.
Ah I see. MB B3 I use, its never a bad idea. I don't really use that string, outside of combos. I should try.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Actually I've been messing with Hawk girl for Doomsday's bad match ups. I still play Doomsday. I just might not play him as often. I like Frost but she has no air control, and that's a pretty big deal breaker for me.
I tried picking up Frost as a sidequest as well, and that's exactly why I dropped her. I tried Hawkgirl a few times, and even though I was never comfortable enough with her flight cancels or mace swinging, I can definitely see how she would compliment DD in a lot of ways.

I would LOVE for you to become a full time citizen of Doom. The more tech-happy, talk-heavy players, the better :D.
Although I'm very curious why you think he's a good MU for Sinestro, he's one of the few characters that always gives me issues :(.

Sweep is amazing for creating pressure. Throw, D1~ES, naked ES, MB F3, B1, 23D1, delayed MB Venom...mmmmm.

E

Eldriken

Mmhmm...not too many, no, wouldn't want 2 dozen Doomsdays yelling over each other. But how many of us are left? ;_;
While I'm not as well known as some of the bigger names here that main DD, I'm sticking with DD 100%. Sure, I have Batgirl as a secondary, but I tend to stick to DD for everything, even his bad MUs.

I'm always looking forward to new tech for him as well. :D