What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You mean how it makes wake ups whiff in the corner? DD does that with a regular dash.
No, I mean the fact you have to block it backwards because it truly crosses you up and if you delay it for less than half a second it won't crossup. You can not tell which way you're going to get hit from, there is no distinct animation, only the moment which the DD player presses the button.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
No, I mean the fact you have to block it backwards because it truly crosses you up and if you delay it for less than half a second it won't crossup. You can not tell which way you're going to get hit from, there is no distinct animation, only the moment which the DD player presses the button.
Except just holding down and not hitting a button. Covers both sides

Colonel-Gilgamesh

You either wake up or not, you can't do both. If you're not waking up because this setup kills wakeups then you're crouching against doomsday and not pressing a button.
But that is neither here nor there. Yes it's a bad idea to crouch Doomsday, but that doesn't change that MB Upward Venom is not a crossup. A body splash accomplishes this goal much better as a crossup and Earth Shake into dash accomplishes the wakeup coming in from the wrong side.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
But that is neither here nor there. Yes it's a bad idea to crouch Doomsday, but that doesn't change that MB Upward Venom is not a crossup. A body splash accomplishes this goal much better as a crossup and Earth Shake into dash accomplishes the wakeup coming in from the wrong side.
The only thing that reverses crossups with d1 shake or naked shake, nothing else, are you going to give up a full combo just for that?

Splash is not even close to being the same as air venom if they dont block low and not wakeup, you can not humanly tell whether it will crossup unless you're the one pressing the button, can you say the same about splash? you also threaten then for full combo

how this is superior - easy to access default ender

un seeable crossup
always works
does good damage

Colonel-Gilgamesh

The only thing that reverses crossups with d1 shake or naked shake, nothing else, are you going to give up a full combo just for that?

Splash is not even close to being the same as air venom if they dont block low and not wakeup, you can not humanly tell whether it will crossup unless you're the one pressing the button, can you say the same about splash? you also threaten then for full combo

how this is superior - easy to access default ender

un seeable crossup
always works
does good damage
With Earth Shake into dash with them crossing up, you're at free reign to do whatever you want to them. Like, anything. No meter burning required. If Body Splash doesn't actually hit them, it still leaves them in blockstun for you. If they block MB Up Venom, they punish you.

It costs too many resources for an unsafe, MB mixup that can replaced with a cheaper, safer option, effective or not, which I don't think it really is. If someone has seen this mixup, all they need to know is to duck. Ordinarily this'd be hard to see, except for the very obvious telegraphing that is Upward Venom. It takes 24 frames for people to realize that all that is needed is to hold down, you're out meter, and they get a free full combo.

So to recount:
-Splash is easier to see, but safer, cheaper, and leaves them in blockstun
-MB Upward Venom is more ambiguous, but doesn't crossup, costs meter, telegraphs hard, and is vulnerable.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
With Earth Shake into dash with them crossing up, you're at free reign to do whatever you want to them. Like, anything. No meter burning required. If Body Splash doesn't actually hit them, it still leaves them in blockstun for you. If they block MB Up Venom, they punish you.

It costs too many resources for an unsafe, MB mixup that can replaced with a cheaper, safer option, effective or not, which I don't think it really is. If someone has seen this mixup, all they need to know is to duck. Ordinarily this'd be hard to see, except for the very obvious telegraphing that is Upward Venom. It takes 24 frames for people to realize that all that is needed is to hold down, you're out meter, and they get a free full combo.

So to recount:
-Splash is easier to see, but safer, cheaper, and leaves them in blockstun
-MB Upward Venom is more ambiguous, but doesn't crossup, costs meter, telegraphs hard, and is vulnerable.
MB upward venom does crossup, is not vulnerable to wakeups, doesnt matter that it telegraphs due to wakeup window. i dont think youve understood the setups

Colonel-Gilgamesh

MB upward venom does crossup, is not vulnerable to wakeups, doesnt matter that it telegraphs due to wakeup window. i dont think youve understood the setups
A crossup mixup in my mind is a move that makes the opponent choose left or right. This move does not. The telegraphing makes them know that they can't wakeup. It doesn't matter if it's invulnerable to wakeups, it's vulnerable to not waking up.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Do you guys know what the frame data is on our interactable bounce? I've been working on frame traps with it, but it would be better if I knew the actual frame data.

LEGEND

YES!
Do you guys know what the frame data is on our interactable bounce? I've been working on frame traps with it, but it would be better if I knew the actual frame data.
you mean start up?

cause i think most of (if not all) are around -12 on block, or were at one point

SonicBoomBrad

you mean start up?

cause i think most of (if not all) are around -12 on block, or were at one point
That makes sense. It doesn't feel like it's -12 though. I can definitely swing right around the same time they can. Maybe it has long block stun or something?

LEGEND

YES!
That makes sense. It doesn't feel like it's -12 though. I can definitely swing right around the same time they can. Maybe it has long block stun or something?
it could vary between character but so far i've been able to punish everyone thats done a background bounce to me on block. I tested Sinestro's in the first few days of the game's release and remember it being around -12

i'm betting it just doesn't have any block stun, cause MK9 D1s were the same way and it took nearly a year for people to believe they were actually punishable on block (ironically most are around -12 as well)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Did you guys know that DD's MB Venom grants a combo if it hits the opponent at the highest point in the corner?

SonicBoomBrad

Well, dont expect to be something huge, but still you can do some extra damage after a MB Venom, even perhaps a standing 3 to MB ES for further damage.
I messed with it a little bit yesterday, you can get a d1 es for sure. Which starts the corner reverse game. You might be able to get 123, but I've been ass with the timing so far. I'll mess with it more later and let you know if I find anything.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
After mb venom d1 is guaranteed but they can backdash es right ?
So I can do mb venom d1 venom to catch backdash .
Are there any other options besides d1 after mb venom ? Jumping over them and body splash ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
After mb venom d1 is guaranteed but they can backdash es right ?
So I can do mb venom d1 venom to catch backdash .
Are there any other options besides d1 after mb venom ? Jumping over them and body splash ?
If you jump in your opp will just backdash or dash underneath you, normal jumps in this game are 4of or so, floaty ones even more, you shouldnt be jumping around with doomsday

after mb venom you can do d3/throw/d1/12/22

if you wanna catch a backdash you do another venom, doing d1 venom will not get the venom out because the d1 whiffs and by the time you venom they have recovered.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I heard smth about reversing wakeup inputs in corner with doomsday , how to do it ? im new to him and dont know all the dirty tricks :p

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Easy way to practice is to walk the opponent to the corner and do d1 xx ES and immediately dash forward. Wake up will reverse. For full combo punish depends on the angles of the attack when it starts

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
After MB Venom in corner my favorite setup is to forward dash and characters flip sides

Doing this will cause Doomsday to be in corner while opponent is still on the ground.

I like doing b1 into throw since b1 frames on hit is a legitimate frame trap for Doomsday throw

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Works mid screen after a d 3 and mb AS. For the mid screen variants to work, you have to do a vertical jump after the dash.

Also sometimes works in the corner with venom, delayed mb.
yeah I know this but im thinking, it always cross them up ? or you can do this but make it regular splash ?