What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

Sami

Noob
I have decided to drop Raven (still working out some final tech) and for shits and giggles will pick up Doomsday. Expect a barrage of really stupid questions to be flooding this thread too.

First question: why does 22~df2 come out as 2~df2 if you input it quickly, even though the input log shows I did it perfectly? Negative edge is off of course.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
While I'm not as well known as some of the bigger names here that main DD, I'm sticking with DD 100%. Sure, I have Batgirl as a secondary, but I tend to stick to DD for everything, even his bad MUs.

I'm always looking forward to new tech for him as well. :D
Same here :D. I keep Slade on the side and I'm always trying to improve my Scorpion, but competition-wise, Doomy's my right hand man.

E

Eldriken

I have decided to drop Raven (still working out some final tech) and for shits and giggles will pick up Doomsday. Expect a barrage of really stupid questions to be flooding this thread too.

First question: why does 22~df2 come out as 2~df2 if you input it quickly, even though the input log shows I did it perfectly? Negative edge is off of course.
Just the way the game works.

I have negative edge off and if I do d1~ES too quickly, I get an Air Snatch instead of a d1 or ES.

Sami

Noob
Just the way the game works.

I have negative edge off and if I do d1~ES too quickly, I get an Air Snatch instead of a d1 or ES.
I can 99% guarantee that you're accidentally inputting D, DF 1. Just been in testing that that will trigger Air Snatch. I've tried mashing d1~df2 as quick as possible and haven't found a single time where the game did air snatch if the inputs on the screen were correct. Even the ultra short-hand d1f2 works perfectly with stupidly quick mashing.

Espio

Kokomo
I would LOVE for you to become a full time citizen of Doom. The more tech-happy, talk-heavy players, the better :D.
Although I'm very curious why you think he's a good MU for Sinestro, he's one of the few characters that always gives me issues :(.

Sweep is amazing for creating pressure. Throw, D1~ES, naked ES, MB F3, B1, 23D1, delayed MB Venom...mmmmm.

We'll see, one of my buddies wants me to play him too. I like going ham on people with Doomie lol. I've only been messing with him on and off for a couple weeks so I'm not super savvy with Doomsday yet.

I'm not saying Doomsday beats Sinestro or anything just that he does better than Hawkgirl for reasons like advancing armor for example (yes I know MB fearblast can check that, but in general it allows getting in to be easier for him).

He's one of the characters with a safer sweep, it's a nice change for me since most of the characters I play have unsafe ones. It's tight to have a safe low hard knockdown to go into set ups and pressure like you mentioned. Plus since a lot of his mix ups are overheads people are usually opened up by sweep easier it seems.

Baiting backdashes and punishing with MB venom is awesome <3.

E

Eldriken

I can 99% guarantee that you're accidentally inputting D, DF 1. Just been in testing that that will trigger Air Snatch. I've tried mashing d1~df2 as quick as possible and haven't found a single time where the game did air snatch if the inputs on the screen were correct. Even the ultra short-hand d1f2 works perfectly with stupidly quick mashing.
You might be right. I do have a tendency to do that. I'll go into practice and see what happens.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Sami, if you dont want random AS's coming out try using D1xf2. That way you ll always do d1xES. It also works after you perform a dash.

Sami

Noob
Sami, if you dont want random AS's coming out try using D1xf2. That way you ll always do d1xES. It also works after you perform a dash.
Thank you, but I wasn't having that issue. Also, I'm well used to d1 input shortcuts from playing Raven ;)

My input bug is 22~df2 just does 2~df2 if you do it too quickly even though the input list shows it was input perfectly. I thought it was a messed up input on my part but after many tests the game does just throw a shit fit and drop the second hit of 22. This is on the Steam version BTW.

SO I have a question regarding the B231 string. After hitting an opponent with a B3 attack and dashing forward quickly so they end up on the opposite side of the screen of where they where, I notice that the B231 string sometimes hits them out of their recovery roll and sometimes not. The 2 portion of the string always whiffs but I usually always get them with the 31 parts. IS this just a timing issue?

ryublaze

Noob
Is it known that if u crouch block the first hit of 123 or 33 the opponent can backdash the last hit? of course u can start doing naked earthshakers to stop them from crouch blocking.

Also after mb venom in the corner on hit can't most if not all characters just tech roll and dash out or MB B3 on reaction? It always feels like a gimmick to me when I do it...

btw if u haven't noticed yet I picked up doomsday a few weeks ago.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Is it known that if u crouch block the first hit of 123 or 33 the opponent can backdash the last hit? of course u can start doing naked earthshakers to stop them from crouch blocking.

Also after mb venom in the corner on hit can't most if not all characters just tech roll and dash out or MB B3 on reaction? It always feels like a gimmick to me when I do it...

btw if u haven't noticed yet I picked up doomsday a few weeks ago.
That you can back dash the second hit of 33 on block, is known. The last hit of 123 can be interrupted with mb b3/f3 IIRC. 112 is a better option, as also is naked ES's as you mentioned. After a mb venom on hit you simply stand still and try and anticipate stuff. There is no need to do mb b3/f3 unless you are 100% sure that the opponent will do a wake up attack.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ending combos with b2 grants a hard knockdown , allowing enough time for a jid3 or other mixup

E

Eldriken

You can add me. GT is the same as my username. I'll be on in a bit.

Who do you play as?

E

Eldriken

Oh, great. ANOTHER Nightwing player? lol

It feels like I've played nothing but Nightwings lately.

E

Eldriken

True that. Sorry about that i got very busy some of my friends came over.
but i would like to do a very long set tomorrow, if your up for it?
Shouldn't be an issue depending on what time you want to do it.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Hey guys, umm I just realized that doomsday's super awesome and I've tried to pick him up. Can you guys just teach me to be as awesome as you guys? :3

I just need help with the basics, I read all the guiders (some are super confusing) watch the "pros" play and stuff but I still find him difficult he clicks. But I find myself literally just doing specials. Oh and d1. I know that too.

Just some basic questions are how to do his crossups, the corner dash I understand from my gl exp but how does the dash up neutral body splash thing work.

and as of now the most confusing

HOW DO YOU CANCEL 1,2,3 INTO VENOM? I'm usually super good with special cancels but I just can't nail it. Thanks!

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey guys, umm I just realized that doomsday's super awesome and I've tried to pick him up. Can you guys just teach me to be as awesome as you guys? :3

I just need help with the basics, I read all the guiders (some are super confusing) watch the "pros" play and stuff but I still find him difficult he clicks. But I find myself literally just doing specials. Oh and d1. I know that too.

Just some basic questions are how to do his crossups, the corner dash I understand from my gl exp but how does the dash up neutral body splash thing work.

and as of now the most confusing

HOW DO YOU CANCEL 1,2,3 INTO VENOM? I'm usually super good with special cancels but I just can't nail it. Thanks!
You don't cancel into 123 from venom you have to just wait till the Ncombo is done then you do venom. it's wierd :confused:.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys, just started hitting the lab again and messing with setups and what not recently, and I found one that works on Flash I'm wondering if it's known or not. I'm sure it is, but just want to make sure and see what everyone's consensus on it is. I was messing around with how to set up on Flash's wake up, and I found that if you get a hard knockdown on him and dash forward, then follow it up with a back jump that any wake up Flash can do will whiff and you can punish. (I think the only one you can't punish is the charge, but I don't remember. I'll go back today and see) You have enough time during the setup to react and see whether or not he wakes up. If he does you can punish, and if he doesn't you are at a good enough spacing that you can hit him with a jump 3 and try to keep pressure going. If you guys need video I'll try to post some up today, I just wanted to put it out, but again I'm sure it's already known lol.