What's new

I was told "ZOD's trait only glitches when you're a spaz"

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
After experimenting with this bug, there are 4 solutions. . .

1.) Clash
2.) Phantom Strike
3.) Grab

4.) Rage, and pick superman.

Reactions: 7L

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
being fair if you didnt go around calling NRS stupid and not able to do there jobs paulo prob wouldnt of called u a "spaz"
the door swings both ways and all that

last stream chat i was in were u were talking to paulo you were going ham at him about how could they release such a unfinished product in zod and paulo was giving u solutions to not have to trait glitch,
pretty sure paulo said all trait issues would be fixed in next patch so u shoulnt have to deal with it glitching out after that so just relax and wait for the patch.
Yes

I say what others can't or won't

Paulo did give me tips, but none of them apply to these two scenarios

Seriously.....,my opponent jumped. I guess next time ill ask my opponent ..."hey can u stand still for a second? I want to trap u w trait and need u to not jump while I do so"

I wonder what would happen if I back dashed superman's f23 and his f2 got stuck out in the open and until he clashed, super or transitioned he no longer could use punching attacks cause it glitched out

Both are #1 tools

Brooklyn Static S

I put a shock to your systems
When is the dam patch already! :mad: I was 2 seconds away from trading in injustice for GTA V. I just decided to pay the full price.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Well the company has been making Ryu throw fireballs for the past 25 years worth of games. "Playing it safe" is an understatement.

I'm not defending NRS by any means, I just don't see how getting worked up over such a well known glitch will make the patch come any sooner.

Who's saying the patch will come sooner because of it?

There's value in customer feedback.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Not really. I took the meaning of your words exactly and responded accordingly. I'm not angry or anything but calm - simply observing what you say and the implications of those words.

I can't help but notice you also didn't respond in any conversational way. If we're misunderstanding what you said (which, for the record, we aren't) then why didn't you explain what you actually meant?

Nothing personal...but you're being defensive.

i didnt respond in a conversational way because i wasnt looking for a conversation on the matter.
dont see how im being defensive either tbh

what i meant is with zods trait glitch making it become un-useable till you clash or do a transition i think this about it,
zod trait can be glitched,
trait glitches are said to be fixed in upcoming patch,
so i then am how left with waiting till patch comes out to see if they are fixed or not.
thats all the point i was trying to make :)

Pig Of The Hut

i didnt respond in a conversational way because i wasnt looking for a conversation on the matter.
dont see how im being defensive either tbh

what i meant is with zods trait glitch making it become un-useable till you clash or do a transition i think this about it,
zod trait can be glitched,
trait glitches are said to be fixed in upcoming patch,
so i then am how left with waiting till patch comes out to see if they are fixed or not.
thats all the point i was trying to make :)
How high is your confidence these issues will be fixed

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Who's saying the patch will come sooner because of it?

There's value in customer feedback.

You are absolutely right that there is value in that! We all know that NRS is well aware of these glitches already because the community has been very vocal about it. It's just a bit disheartening when I read about users fighting over what's inevitably going to be addressed is all.

Ninj

Well the company has been making Ryu throw fireballs for the past 25 years worth of games. "Playing it safe" is an understatement.

This isn't the first time NRS has made a video game with special attacks. Street Fighter IV is built on different code and a different engine than all their other SF games, so what you're trying to say here doesn't really make sense.

I guess what I should have said before is, when Capcom releases a new Street Fighter, you don't see Supers and specials randomly whiffing and/or doing bizarre shit. There's a reason for that - NRS simply doesn't produce the same quality of game. And that's too bad, because they're capable of creating fun games...they're just missing the meat and potatoes that is the polishing of said games.

Pig Of The Hut

You are absolutely right that there is value in that! We all know that NRS is well aware of these glitches already because the community has been very vocal about it. It's just a bit disheartening when I read about users fighting over what's inevitably going to be addressed is all.
I hope but something sneaky tells me one way or another it'll still happen

Ninj

But again...NRS has a bad track record of fixing things. So I would say this discussion is a good thing as it adds emphasis.

The thing is, AK Pig Of The Hut cares about production value and quality. His personality leaves no acceptance for subpar or mediocre and he expects the same in others. I think it's completely reasonable to hold NRS (and anyone else producing a product for others) to a high standard, even if they continue to struggle in getting there.

My hope is that NRS is actually trying to identify where they continue to go wrong in their development process and from there identify how to fix it and therefore 'get better'.

1man3letters

Yes

I say what others can't or won't

Paulo did give me tips, but none of them apply to these two scenarios

Seriously.....,my opponent jumped. I guess next time ill ask my opponent ..."hey can u stand still for a second? I want to trap u w trait and need u to not jump while I do so"

I wonder what would happen if I back dashed superman's f23 and his f2 got stuck out in the open and until he clashed, super or transitioned he no longer could use punching attacks cause it glitched out

Both are #1 tools

i see your point about the video examples but all my point just was if all the trait glitches fixed in a upcoming patch then its going not going to be a problem anymore so that we know the patch is coming why not wait and see what happens.

i play scorpion/ares, im awaiting to see what happens in this patch just as much as any zod player lol
just that till it drops alot of issues that exist might already be solved, i get its annoying but hey what can we do other than wait

OnlineRon91

Joker++
This isn't the first time NRS has made a video game with special attacks. Street Fighter IV is built on different code and a different engine than all their other SF games, so what you're trying to say here doesn't really make sense.

I guess what I should have said before is, when Capcom releases a new Street Fighter, you don't see Supers and specials randomly whiffing and/or doing bizarre shit. There's a reason for that - NRS simply doesn't produce the same quality of game. And that's too bad, because they're capable of creating fun games...they're just missing the meat and potatoes that is the polishing of said games.

What I was trying to point out was that throwing a vertical projectile, whether new engine or not, will not be a foreign concept to them because of how long they have been coding the fireball. It should be noted that the SF4 series does not use 3D hitboxes even though the models are 3D, so the collision methods are identical to say, 1991's SFII.

NRS decided to do something a bit more ambitious, its just sad that it wasn't executed as well as I and most of the community had hoped.

Capcom definitely has the more polished fighting game, for sure.

Pig Of The Hut

i see your point about the video examples but all my point just was if all the trait glitches fixed in a upcoming patch then its going not going to be a problem anymore so that we know the patch is coming why not wait and see what happens.

i play scorpion/ares, im awaiting to see what happens in this patch just as much as any zod player lol
just that till it drops alot of issues that exist might already be solved, i get its annoying but hey what can we do other than wait
My thinking was this: I was told it happens when u mash mash mash it, obviously that's not true . Both these scenarios are common situations and if they think it ONLY glitches when u mash mash mash then hell yes they need to see this because they're wrong

Ninj

What I was trying to point out was that throwing a vertical projectile, whether new engine or not, will not be a foreign concept to them because of how long they have been coding the fireball. It should be noted that the SF4 series does not use 3D hitboxes even though the models are 3D, so the collision methods are identical to say, 1991's SFII.

NRS decided to do something a bit more ambitious, its just sad that it wasn't executed as well as I and most of the community had hoped.

Capcom definitely has the more polished fighting game, for sure.

Agreed.

On a different note, you could say that Capcom bites off as much as it can chew, leading to a polished product that has staying power. Valve operates the same way.

NRS should be commended for trying something new (to them) but perhaps, in the same vein as what you were saying, they should get some of their developers out of the clouds and look at their ability compared to what they're trying to build.

Crathen

Death is my business
SFIV had glitched fireballs tho , you could fireball on knockdown into ultra and that was unblockable for some weird back to block mechanic , Capcom fixed that in SSF4 but fixing it created unblockables so let's not act like Capcom is some godly company

Ninj

SFIV had glitched fireballs tho , you could fireball on knockdown into ultra and that was unblockable for some weird back to block mechanic , Capcom fixed that in SSF4 but fixing it created unblockables so let's not act like Capcom is some godly company

When comparing NRS and Capcom, I would say relatively speaking yes, Capcom is a godly company when it comes to fighting games.

I can't comment on what you're referring to 'cause I've never seen it. Unlike this post which contains proof positive of a glitch that arguably breaks Zod's ability to do what he's designed to do. The glitch you're referring to sounds like Ryu had a glitch that gave him a little more damage output in specific situations - again, I haven't seen the glitch, but from what you describe it doesn't sound like an equal comparison.

1man3letters

My thinking was this: I was told it happens when u mash mash mash it, obviously that's not true . Both these scenarios are common situations and if they think it ONLY glitches when u mash mash mash then hell yes they need to see this because they're wrong

yea there are indeed a load of ways to glitch out the trait,
like ive jumped of the pillar in wayne manor as scorpion and it would make it glitch out if tired to grab me and the agility characters dont have invin frames on those jumps like gadget character bomb plants.

you play tested for xyz amount of time and i recall u saying(correct if im wrong please :oops:) u showed the cyborg infin on day 1 being there and sure look how long that was still in the game for, things take time i guess to fully make sure you didnt change something else you didnt want 2, lest we forget WW b3 combo fuck ups in the early patches,lol poor diana

Crathen

Death is my business
When comparing NRS and Capcom, I would say relatively speaking yes, Capcom is a godly company when it comes to fighting games.

I can't comment on what you're referring to 'cause I've never seen it. Unlike this post which contains proof positive of a glitch that arguably breaks Zod's ability to do what he's designed to do. The glitch you're referring to sounds like Ryu had a glitch that gave him a little more damage output in specific situations - again, I haven't seen the glitch, but from what you describe it doesn't sound like an equal comparison.

Today's SF metagame is heavily based around knockdowns and unblockables wich is nothing short of a big programming glitch , it's very common to have unblockables in any high level SF match.

UMvC3 is based around glitches and system exploits.

SFxTK had some glitches in and there , Rolento knife making the game freeze and such , luckily is was fixed with a patch.

Relatively speaking Capcom is on par with NRS when it comes to glitches.

This one is definately a HUGE problem for any Zod main and nobody is denying that and everybody wants this fixed but can we please wait for the patch first?They know the problem is there and they are willing to fix it , if they don't succeed fixing it then you can blow the up for sure-

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Pig probably crossed the line with his statements, but that doesn't mean NRS should stoop to his level and ignore the matter at hand either. This isn't the first time this has happened to him, considering he mained CSZ and Kenshi, two of the most bug-ridden characters in MK9, so I understand his frustrations.

And before any Jade players come preaching about how hard done by they were in the Kenshi matchup, just keep in mind the fact that a reflected glove toss from Freddy would disappear if he threw another, or that ground spike's hitbox practically made Flurry and TKS useless.

Or the infamous "price of divekicks" claim as to why CSZ was left in the state he was in. Even someone who isn't frame data savvy can compare his frame data to Kung Lao's and see everything that's horribly wrong with that statement.

Then again, admitting that they rushed the character and that CSZ is the way he is because he's a clusterfuck of unused animations from other characters wouldn't be much better publicity, coming from Midway, a company that went under because of terrible products.

It's all subjective, but considering WB probably has the entire studio on non-disclosure amendments, we'll never know. All we can do is hope it's actually fixes before NRS stops patching the game.

But I'd imagine it's not easy trying to address it all when we have players begging to improve lacking characters and then go on to complain within 2 weeks that they're now too good, and must be made worse off than what they were in the first place. (MK9 Kano, Injustice Scorpion)

And then complain that week 1 tech is now unfathomably broken 3-4 months down the line. (Kabal's IAGB, Superman's F23~breath)

Just my 2 penniesworth.

Pig Of The Hut

yea there are indeed a load of ways to glitch out the trait,
like ive jumped of the pillar in wayne manor as scorpion and it would make it glitch out if tired to grab me and the agility characters dont have invin frames on those jumps like gadget character bomb plants.

you play tested for xyz amount of time and i recall u saying(correct if im wrong please :oops:) u showed the cyborg infin on day 1 being there and sure look how long that was still in the game for, things take time i guess to fully make sure you didnt change something else you didnt want 2, lest we forget WW b3 combo fuck ups in the early patches,lol poor diana
Correct

And I don't suspect it was a matter of "oh god this will take us days to fix" more about "opps...."