What's new

I was told "ZOD's trait only glitches when you're a spaz"

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
colt

TFC tourney match

As you can see first time it happened was result of missing a combo (air slash to air grab)

Second match my opponent jumped when I grabbed at the frame

So how is one a spaz when all he did was make a miss read ??

My trait glitched out first three matches (all opponents off stream) at TFC

I hope all facets of his trait glitch will be fixed, just wanted to post this video to show if you're opponent so much as farts your trait will glitch

Oddly the only matches I lost in tourney was when my trait didn't glitch lol

Noob
LOL thats hilarious i mean Spaz really? i havent heard anyone use that word in ages, maybe its just me and the ppl around me that stopped using such word but anyhow, this seems like a retarded thing to say, it happens cause the bug is there to make it happen nothing else...

atljonesbro1 Its not even making the character correctly part, ofc you try to avoid having such huge bugs on a character but like anygame they are bound to happen no matter how much you try, this shows lack of testing from their part thats all... Iv been 2nding Zod for maybe a couple of weeks and it happened to me so many times iv lost count... so this is all about them not testing their characters properly before launching them...

also even if the bug did pass (happens often) they needed to fix this like lets see AGES AGO, Pig how many majors have Zod been in with this bug in it? 2 maybe 3 i think, and how far from each other where those majors? couple of months maybe?.. so yeah character balances you can wait a bit longer cause even tho its anoying fighting Supermans etc... you learn do wait for the nerfs or buffs but fixing this kinda of bugs... yeah needs to done asap

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah that sucks. It's unfortunate man...

Nothing else I can say except that sucks and I hope they get it fixed in the next patch.

zaf

professor
there definitely are some times when you can lose in a tournament setting and be like " there was really nothing i could do".
but then i see this it is ridiculous. literally you could lose because of this and it is not your fault...... so dumb
how is it not fixed

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
As long as Zod has this glitch, he is a broken and not viable in tournaments.

Why are you focusing so much time on him and even traveling to tournaments when you know that the game could screw you over at any moment?

I don't know, but me personally, if something like that happened to me, I would be very upset.

From what I've seen in online matches you can "fix" the glitch by a clash, which you showed in the video, or by landing Zod's palm move (not sure what it's called) I've seen the trait glitch and then reset after the palm move a bunch of times, could be a another glitch, I don't know. I don't play Zod, and not even sure how to test it.

I just hope it does get fixed, Zod seems like a really good character.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
being fair if you didnt go around calling NRS stupid and not able to do there jobs paulo prob wouldnt of called u a "spaz"
the door swings both ways and all that

last stream chat i was in were u were talking to paulo you were going ham at him about how could they release such a unfinished product in zod and paulo was giving u solutions to not have to trait glitch,
pretty sure paulo said all trait issues would be fixed in next patch so u shoulnt have to deal with it glitching out after that so just relax and wait for the patch.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
being fair if you didnt go around calling NRS stupid and not able to do there jobs paulo prob wouldnt of called u a "spaz"
the door swings both ways and all that

last stream chat i was in were u were talking to paulo you were going ham at him about how could they release such a unfinished product in zod and paulo was giving u solutions to not have to trait glitch,
pretty sure paulo said all trait issues would be fixed in next patch so u shoulnt have to deal with it glitching out after that so just relax and wait for the patch.

You have a lot of faith in NRS's ability to fix things for some reason. What games have you been playing?

Pig is right - they have consistently released unfinished pieces of their software (characters). QA'ing software is in fact part of the development process in the software industry, so it's accurate to say that Zod is unfinished.

1man3letters

You have a lot of faith in NRS's ability to fix things for some reason. What games have you been playing?

Pig is right - they have consistently released unfinished pieces of their software (characters). QA'ing software is in fact part of the development process in the software industry, so it's accurate to say that Zod is unfinished.

my faith in what NRS can or cant do doesnt matter,
there will never be a bug free fighting game,
i play what im given

OnlineRon91

Joker++
You might want to extend that to all software in general, the more complex the software the more bugs it will have. Something game breaking like this will be addressed in the patch.

Noob
i play what im given
you seem to conform to this kind of stuff very easly, in your theory this game could be riddled with way worse bugs than the ones we have atm but for you its all ok cause you play with what you have been given without contesting them or calling them out on their lack of ability to do things right the first time around... cause all this major bugs lets say Bolo and meter bug from Batgirl and Zods trait glitch could easly be found with a few hours of gameplay and testing... its a clear show that they didnt test mutch to beging with... but its cool everyone its entitled to their opinions and way of doing things

Ninj

i play what im given

Way to run screaming from the discussion like a sissy. There's nothing more to debate with you if you're unwilling to place any responsibility on any one or any thing.

I believe in accountability and I agree with what I think is Pig's sentiment on this - NRS should be judged negatively for releasing a character with bugs that are clearly easily reproduce-able.

There's a significant difference between a "bug free" fighting game and a fundamental piece of a character clearly not working as intended. When's the last time you saw Ryu's fireball go through someone for no reason?

1man3letters

you seem to conform to this kind of stuff very easly, in your theory this game could be riddled with way worse bugs than the ones we have atm but for you its all ok cause you play with what you have been given without contesting them or calling them out on their lack of ability to do things right the first time around... cause all this major bugs lets say Bolo and meter bug from Batgirl and Zods trait glitch could easly be found with a few hours of gameplay and testing... its a clear show that they didnt test mutch to beging with... but its cool everyone its entitled to their opinions and way of doing things

Way to run screaming from the discussion like a sissy. There's nothing more to debate with you if you're unwilling to place any responsibility on any one or any thing.

I believe in accountability and I agree with what I think is Pig's sentiment on this - NRS should be judged negatively for releasing a character with bugs that are clearly easily reproduce-able.

There's a significant difference between a "bug free" fighting game and a fundamental piece of a character clearly not working as intended. When's the last time you saw Ryu's fireball go through someone for no reason?

both of you should calm down,
your taking way more from my words that what i mean.

imo the reason games like street fighter have less bugs is because they keep their characters simple without losing depth. nrs games have a lot of flashy special moves and different hitboxes which allows people to find a lot of special tech but this is at the costs of a lot of glitches. I just hope they keep it simple with mk10

Ninj

both of you should calm down,
your taking way more from my words that what i mean.

Not really. I took the meaning of your words exactly and responded accordingly. I'm not angry or anything but calm - simply observing what you say and the implications of those words.

I can't help but notice you also didn't respond in any conversational way. If we're misunderstanding what you said (which, for the record, we aren't) then why didn't you explain what you actually meant?

Nothing personal...but you're being defensive.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They make these DLC characters in about 3 months, I can't imagine that is enough time create and test them thoroughly. They are going to be released on the deadline, done or not.

The DLC characters should always be banned out of the gate until they are proven to not be broken or glitchy, and no one should ever take them seriously until they are fully done.

That is the unfortunate reality as long as they continue to make DLC this way.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Well the company has been making Ryu throw fireballs for the past 25 years worth of games. "Playing it safe" is an understatement.

I'm not defending NRS by any means, I just don't see how getting worked up over such a well known glitch will make the patch come any sooner.