What's new

Match-up Discussion I want to cause a storm, so here is my MU chart.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Well this for one. Otherwise Reptile has armor to get out of frametraps, combo damage is tons better, and he can zone baraka out effectively while using dash to keep him honest.

Definite 4-6 for baraka imo
Fixed.

I would think the Liu Kang-Reptile match would be worse, simply because Liu controls the whole match with superior rushdown/zoning. Idk, though. I've played the match with C88_Nitemare. I was Liu Kang, and he couldn't do anything. Next time I play the match I will add more constructive feedback on why I think that match is awful.
Alright, get back to me.

kenshi kabal and rain id put as 5-5s
I'm a personal believer that no one goes even with Kabal, but thats just me. Pig and MIT both think Rep-Ken is 6-4, and they make sense, but I'm not confident in calling it a bad MU. Same goes for Rain.

NOT PURE LUCK ......PURE SKILL. The vortex is always a calculated risk.
Whenever I play Scorp, I'm always like "Coinflip bro, overhead or low?" and just throw something out hoping I guessed right.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
I'm a personal believer that no one goes even with Kabal, but thats just me. Pig and MIT both think Rep-Ken is 6-4, and they make sense, but I'm not confident in calling it a bad MU. Same goes for Rain.

kabal isnt real a problem full screen the fb will make him have to make a choice up close you can dash out but it is a match based on reactions
plus you dont have to stand up to do fbs and you can see saws coming if you pay attention to his leg

kenshi being able to cancel the force balls and also dash in off reflected spit make reptile better than most give him credit for in that fight

rain everyone that mains rain will agree and just ask Mr Aquaman we played this match too much

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I would think the Liu Kang-Reptile match would be worse, simply because Liu controls the whole match with superior rushdown/zoning. Idk, though. I've played the match with C88_Nitemare. I was Liu Kang, and he couldn't do anything. Next time I play the match I will add more constructive feedback on why I think that match is awful.
The ONLY reason it's not a 3-7 is because it only takes one knockdown, and then the matchup completely swings to Reptile's favor.

Kang's defense against pressure and wakeup defense keeps him from winning a lot of matchups so hard.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, I played STB Chongo yesterday with Liu Kang vs his reptile. I think I won every match (they were all close) but I'm not a very good kang at all. Fireballs seem to keep him out fairly well.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
5-5 6-4 is spot on for rain reptile, a rain who does not know the MU will lose. A rain who does it's dead even. If you want exact reasons why I would be glad to write a story :]

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
5-5 6-4 is spot on for rain reptile, a rain who does not know the MU will lose. A rain who does it's dead even. If you want exact reasons why I would be glad to write a story :]
Yeah, I wouldn't feel right calling it a 6-4 TBH, but I could see it happening. Also, I didn't just make that # up, I played Smarrgasm a whole lot. I'd like to hear your opinion though.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
yeah my everyday training partner is Srryimwhte, top 5 tourny reptile, gotta give my shoutout. Give me a few and ill type up a short mu summary, its a messed up match. Like pistol whipping a baby messed up.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
reptile vs liu kang is 5-5 i think. Liu Kang has better zoning and his pressure mixups can be trouble for reptile, but reptile has the dash, as well as better spacing than Liu Kang does. I think u just have to be more patient vs liu and his zoning.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
it comes down to meter and reads, if reptile has the meter lead he chips you to death, if you have the meter lead his pressure is shut down, and you get to return the favor. Dash is easily baitable, at the mid screen game you would think you would be in check with the dash but I find the opposite, keep watergun out on the screen at mid game, gives him 2 options, jump in, or armor. In zoning its all about MU experience. Avoid and punish. Know the gimmicks he has, after certain strings reptiles dash is free to check most, armor through, strings like f3 1+2, after acid hand notice the tendencies of them dashing or trying to keep pressure on with a 321. 321 you gotta respect all day. Reptile has this unique ability to burn and ex dash and completely negate most armor, free combo for him and wasted meter for the prince. In rains pressure game reptile has a great tool in his pocket, dash, but not the way you would think. The best way out of rains pressure is jumping out, and pretty much only reptile can jump out, and if rain is doing ANY normal, which he has terrible recovery, reptile can dash back for free, completely punishing rush down. This hurts alot in the long run. Way too many mind games on both sides its all about reads, who has the meter, and MU experience for sure. This is just a taste of the entire MU. Just some input, enjoy lol.

mooms

Banned
I don't agree with the shang tsung one. Shang CANNOT zone Reptile. once reptile gets on Shang, he cannot do shit. 7-3 Reptile no Joke lol.