What's new

Match-up Discussion I want to cause a storm, so here is my MU chart.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Ok, here we go.

1.) The divekick. It is the answer to everything Reptile can do. FB? Divekick over it. ED blocked? iADK. EX ED? iADK. What's even worse is that Reptile doesn't really have an answer for her.
I think Reptile can d4 to make the divekick whiff btw...

Deity

Noob
Because they can just jk you, not because it doesn't work lol.
I think I know why sonya's DK whiffs, just a theory though lol. It could possibly have a really short amount of active frames, when done at high heights vs. a char lowering their hitbox it'll actually run out of active frames before it connects lol. still irrelevant due to jk as you said

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Still think Reptile beats Noob 6-4 just for the fact he punishes a lot harder than Noob ever could. He's one of the few characters that's risky to try and corner because if I fuck up, EX Dash and I'm cornered. If I land a teleport vs a forceball, that's 10%. If he blocks, I eat almost 40% + a forceball setup or a ghetto reset. I have the advantage on knockdown but I can't set up any form of pressure because he can elbow dash me out of it 100% of the time. My only options after a knockdown that leaves me close(Teleport, EX slide) is to either block and punish a wake-up, throw a clone and hope he tried to dash, or jump back and try to zone. The risk/reward factor feels skewed in Reptile's favor and I still hate this MU almost as much as Smoke.

lol big posts

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Still think Reptile beats Noob 6-4 just for the fact he punishes a lot harder than Noob ever could. He's one of the few characters that's risky to try and corner because if I fuck up, EX Dash and I'm cornered. If I land a teleport vs a forceball, that's 10%. If he blocks, I eat almost 40% + a forceball setup or a ghetto reset. I have the advantage on knockdown but I can't set up any form of pressure because he can elbow dash me out of it 100% of the time. My only options after a knockdown that leaves me close(Teleport, EX slide) is to either block and punish a wake-up, throw a clone and hope he tried to dash, or jump back and try to zone. The risk/reward factor feels skewed in Reptile's favor and I still hate this MU almost as much as Smoke.

lol big posts
I'll change it to 5/5, 6/4 in the OP.

Reactions: RYX

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Mil vs reptile is 6-4 because mil can zone and right when reppy dashes in her face and she blocks, rep can get pressure. I can also 4 2 tele sai all day because of his retarted hit box, the sai actually connects even if your standing up <33333

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Idk if sonya is 3-7 or even skarlet is 3-7. It seems like there are many holes in their strings that reptile players arent exposing. Like sonya you can always upper cut after the first hit of 112 or 312, bait out with ex fb while NJP karlwheel. You can punish dive kick with f2 fb on block. Reptile seems to have all the answers to me

1) reptile can punish dive kick on block
2)Reptile can get sonya off if he learns all the holes in her strings
So base on your argument it doesnt look that bad to me
"you can always upper cut after the first hit of 112 or 312"
What Sonya uses those strings to pressure? As I stated above, she doesn't even need strings, her main pressure lies within MS mixups.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Mil vs reptile is 6-4 because mil can zone and right when reppy dashes in her face and she blocks, rep can get pressure. I can also 4 2 tele sai all day because of his retarted hit box, the sai actually connects even if your standing up <33333
I'll take your word for it.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
THTB XBlades Cossner

I'm actually as unsure as Chongo when it comes to the Liu vs. Reppy-T MU. I remember quite awhile ago I thought it was 6-4 in Liu's favor, but I've convinced myself it's 5-5 now. What do you feel on the MU?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
THTB XBlades Cossner

I'm actually as unsure as Chongo when it comes to the Liu vs. Reppy-T MU. I remember quite awhile ago I thought it was 6-4 in Liu's favor, but I've convinced myself it's 5-5 now. What do you feel on the MU?
I think it's 5-5 but I haven't really played any super high-level LKs so I don't know. He can outzone reptile foh-sho, he has all the tools to punish Reptile's shenanigans but he doesn't have like a super edge or anything...
Why is Baraka even with Reptile?
You're right, that's like 6-4 or 7-3 lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB XBlades Cossner

Liu Kang shutting off various important parts of Reptile's is huge. Low fireball kills dash approaches, high fireball makes it hard to get forceballs on screen. Reptile also loses the footsies war. Reptile's lucky break in the matchup is Kang's weak wakeup defense and Reptile's strong wakeup offense. Dash becomes a big tool to land as opposed to whiff because of this, but that means Reptile is playing risky to beat Kang.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Because I don't know that MU lol. What do you think it is?
Reptile's favor. Baraka has blade charge for going through forceballs...not that big a deal especially when Reptile has EX slow ball. Also, Baraka has weak answers to dash.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Reptile's favor. Baraka has blade charge for going through forceballs...not that big a deal especially when Reptile has EX slow ball. Also, Baraka has weak answers to dash.
Well this for one. Otherwise Reptile has armor to get out of frametraps, combo damage is tons better, and he can zone baraka out effectively while using dash to keep him honest.

Definite 4-6 for baraka imo

I would think the Liu Kang-Reptile match would be worse, simply because Liu controls the whole match with superior rushdown/zoning. Idk, though. I've played the match with C88_Nitemare. I was Liu Kang, and he couldn't do anything. Next time I play the match I will add more constructive feedback on why I think that match is awful.