What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Konqrr you should put the DLC apart from the rest of the roster in your chart. The roster seems to follow a pattern, it'll be easier to see.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Alright this is just an assumption for now, but if the pattern is completely consistent this should show most of the cast's toasty boosts:
ffb3 Kano
ffb4 Kitana
ffb1 Kung Lao
ffb2 Liu Kang

bbf3 Mileena
bbf4 Nightwolf
bbf1 Noob
bbf2 Quan

ffd3 Raiden
ffd4 Reptile
ffd1 Scorpion
ffd2 Sektor

ddf3 Shang
ddf4 Sheeva
ddf1 Sindel
ddf2 Smoke

bbd3 Sonya
bbd4 Styker
bbd1 Sub Zero
bbd2 Kratos

ddb3 Baraka
ddb4 Cyber Sub
ddb1 Cyrax
ddb2 Ermac

???3 Jade
???4 Jax
???1 Cage
???2 Kabal

??? DLC

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Konqrr you should put the DLC apart from the rest of the roster in your chart. The roster seems to follow a pattern, it'll be easier to see.
I have colorized it to do just that.

For Jade, so many have been done by Prinz. The possibilities are slim pickins now.

Minus any U or three different inputs, you have:
FBB and DFF

I believe the reverse input theory by Seapeople will end up being true. Nice catch.

all that remains is Jade's group (and DLC/Kratos).

EDIT - Sindel is a lone shark as of now. Someone try those DDD's!!! If not, then every character remaining has a unique one (unless Jade's gets found). However, maybe others are like Sindel, and have their Stage Fatality as their input.

Sub Zero - bbd1 confirmed.

I must have made a mistake with Scorpion. Sometimes you dont see the words TOASTY BOOST pop up but still get the bonus. I have Sub Zeros recorded but without the words on it. So stupid! Such a waste of time to do over again.

I will post a unlisted link for it now until i get it re-recorded. God that's annoying....

OK, time for another one of Daniel's theories that noone wants to hear:
DLC do not have toasty boosts. ok before you people go ham on me (especially you Pig Of The Hut... and yes i've been waiting to use that ham pun on you for a while), I myself will test as much as i can for kenshi and freddy before i lose my sanity in this repetitive business and let you people know what i find.

Cage would be nice to have! Ive been reverse uppercuttin crossups like theres no tomorrow lately.

It fits Seapeople's pattern!
It's my pattern, actually. I confirmed it already with Noob Saibot. Seapeople's pattern is mine plus patterns for groups like Baraka's which aren't known yet, but will be confirmed soon. Sub Zero's group was confirmed long ago by me with Stryker (BBD4). Would appreciate an edit to your post giving proper credit.

Respect to Konqrr/Seapeople for coming up with patterns/fixing them, as well as others on their own.

NariTuba

disMember
It's my pattern, actually. I confirmed it already with Noob Saibot. Seapeople's pattern is mine plus patterns for groups like Baraka's which aren't known yet, but will be confirmed soon. Sub Zero's group was confirmed long ago by me with Stryker (BBD4). Would appreciate an edit to your post giving proper credit.

Respect to Konqrr/Seapeople for coming up with patterns/fixing them, as well as others on their own.
My bad, edited. Thanks for leading this charge Check!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Check, can you please test dff3 and dfb3 for Jade. These are the only ones left. Following the pattern it's almost certain it involves 3. And another thing, just for lulz, on Goro's lair stage Goro sometimes screams when you uppercut. What if... it gave a boost.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Check what is the quickest way to get Toasty? I was using the JIP Uppercut on a loop on easy for a while and got some but now I've gone through ladder 3 times and have gotten zero. Also tried quick uppercut recovery in 2 player tag. I'm trying to confirm Kano' as FFB3 but I've been at it for almost an hour in both 1 and 2 player with no luck.