What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
HUGE UPDATE - Scorpions is not BBD1, nor is it FFD1. I tried BB1 as well and nothing.

time to study that vid some more. i can't believe it. very sorry about this.

Maybe FFB1? FBB1? FBD1? thats all i can imagine.
BBB1?

doesn't seem to work... might have only pressed BB1, but pretty sure i did 3 of them.

also FFB1 doesn't work. I squeezed FBD1 in there but it might of been late (paused the game and switched controllers).

need to try:

BDB1
FDB1
FBD1 (again)
FBB1

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
doesn't seem to work... might have only pressed BB1, but pretty sure i did 3 of them.

also FFB1 doesn't work. I squeezed FBD1 in there but it might of been late (paused the game and switched controllers).

need to try:

BDB1
FDB1
FBD1 (again)
FBB1
BBF1, it's gotta be.

ssub-zzero

MortalKombatEU
uuuuuuupsssss ... long time ago, but i post it here too, but seems to get lost here. ... donsent matter anyway.

thanks for the credit Check :)

the toasty boost works on 1p arcade without 303 303 .... i get it in the arcademode. yeah i know its harder ... just wanna let you know ...

EDIT:

below you see a vid 0:46 shows liu kang, i dont see a special move, do you???

JAP

Combo maker
HUGE UPDATE - Scorpions is not BBD1, nor is it FFD1. I tried BB1 as well and nothing.

Forward to the Forden?

FFD1?

Liu BBD1?

JAP Liu Kangs is confirmed to be FFB2. I was even able to land FFB2 in a juggle while they were still falling (using quick uppercuts of course).

JAP Here is Scorpion's Toasty Boost Video:

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
lol, i was just looking at that chart when all of a sudden kung lao's got updated. good shit and kudos to everyone contributing to this. i wonder how long until someone actually does one in tournament. with quite a few top level laos out there, it might just be at dallas.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I gave up on Scorpion, but still BDB1 and FDF1 should be tried. Maybe BDD as well?

Oh btw, I found Kung Lao's boost. Shit just got real.

FFB1

I just heard the bells toll outside as this finished uploading, lol no joke.
Nice work! So you can test about 3-4 inputs per toasty... good stuff!

Nice work! So you can test about 3-4 inputs per toasty... good stuff!
Thanks. I also pause my game after each attempt sometimes. Sorry about that.. I'll re-record them someday.

So now we have 3 confirmed FFB inputs.

-FFB1 - Kung Lao
-FFB2 - Liu Kang
-FFB4 - Kitana

FFB3??? Mileena/Jade maybe?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thanks. I also pause my game after each attempt sometimes. Sorry about that.. I'll re-record them someday.

So now we have 3 confirmed FFB inputs.

-FFB1 - Kung Lao
-FFB2 - Liu Kang
-FFB4 - Kitana

FFB3??? Mileena maybe?
Alphabetically that would make sense (K,L,M).
Supposedly hers involves 4 because people saw the roll come out when they got the boost. But maybe... Story wise, it could be Raiden or Johnny Cage, or Sonya.

Check... Scorpions looks like ffd2. watch the video again and watch when dan comes out. you get in another uppercut after he comes out before you do bbd1.
EDIT: Toasty boost pops up after the directional input but before the 1... maan something's off here

Check... Scorpions looks like ffd2. watch the video again and watch when dan comes out. you get in another uppercut after he comes out before you do bbd1.
EDIT: Toasty boost pops up after the directional input but before the 1... maan something's off here
I don't think Scorpions is FFD2, but you can try. I did press that but nothing came out. The toasty boost doesnt show until after i pressed 1

I can't get caught up on Scorpion anymore. I put too much time into it already. I leave it up to you guys for a while to finish the job. Try FFD1. Its possible i overlooked it. Be careful, sometimes you get the TOASTY BOOST but it won't show the words. I would definitely try FFD1 again. BBD1 definitely doesn't work.

Alphabetically that would make sense (K,L,M).
Supposedly hers involves 4 because people saw the roll come out when they got the boost. But maybe... Story wise, it could be Raiden or Johnny Cage, or Sonya.
Story wise Kung Lao has always been related to Liu Kang.

I figured the same for Jade/Mileena/Kitana. Trying Jade FFB3 now. Hopefully you give Mileena a try (you said you were working on her).

I don't think Scorpions is FFD2, but you can try. I did press that but nothing came out. The toasty boost doesnt show until after i pressed 1

I can't get caught up on Scorpion anymore. I put too much time into it already. I leave it up to you guys for a while to finish the job. Try FFD1. Its possible i overlooked it. Be careful, sometimes you get the TOASTY BOOST but it won't show the words. I would definitely try FFD1 again. BBD1 definitely doesn't work.
ok, i'll try it later today. Btw, thanks for finding the boosts for Lao and Kitana i feel like i have an unfair advantage going into mlg, lol now if only mlg players were all scrubs and uppercutted like no tomorrow, lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Story wise Kung Lao has always been related to Liu Kang.

I figured the same for Jade/Mileena/Kitana. Trying Jade FFB3 now. Hopefully you give Mileena a try (you said you were working on her).
I'll try FFB3 with mileena.

My next Jade attempts:

BBF2
DDF1
BBF1
DDD2
DDD4

If above fails, my final Jade attempts: (feel free to get started on it while i do the above).

bbd2
ddf3
ddf4
bbf3

I think maybe dfd, dff, dfb, dbb or dbd since they are special related inputs.
Agreed. I took that into consideration when making my first 5.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
My next Jade attempts:

BBF2
DDF1
BBF1
DDD2
DDD4

If above fails, my final Jade attempts: (feel free to get started on it while i do the above).

bbd2
ddf3
ddf4
bbf3

Agreed. I took that into consideration when making my first 5.

Omg check i hate the people who are clueless commenting in your vids xD they dont understand how important these are ^^ Good work

JAP

Combo maker
UPDATED CHART:

FDD 1234 = 32 opportunities x 32 characters
BDD 1234 = 36 opportunities x 32 characters
FFF 1234 = 40 opportunities x 32 characters
BBB1234 = 44 opportunities X 32 characters

"groups"
- liu kang - kung lao - kitana - jade
- kabal - striker - sonia -jax
- Shang - quan chi - Raiden - kratos
- DLC
- Cyrax - Sector - CSZ - Sub zero
- Kano - Sheeva - baraka - milena
- Scorpion - ermac - reptile - noob s
- Sindel - nightwolf - smoke - cage

I guess....

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Cracks me up.