What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Because of this, I only ever do f23-Sword Flip after a successful j3. However, the damage isn't incredible and the last hit of the Sword Flip whiffs.
Unfortunately, only the last hit of df3 gives a hard knockdown, so if it only hits twice they can tech they're out of range for f3. I think part of df3 whiffing is a height thing though, so try messing with when you do f23 after j3. That pressure string is really good to know though, I'll definitely have to work f23 into my up close game.

And yeah, db3 is def 0 on hit. Outside of safety + chip or corner meter combo if I really want the damage, I probably won't use it much personally. I'd prefer hard knockdown to 1% extra damage and a completely neutral situation.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Unfortunately, only the last hit of df3 gives a hard knockdown, so if it only hits twice they can tech they're out of range for f3. I think part of df3 whiffing is a height thing though, so try messing with when you do f23 after j3. That pressure string is really good to know though, I'll definitely have to work f23 into my up close game.

And yeah, db3 is def 0 on hit. Outside of safety + chip or corner meter combo if I really want the damage, I probably won't use it much personally. I'd prefer hard knockdown to 1% extra damage and a completely neutral situation.
Honestly, I don't see tech-rolling as a bad thing. If my opponent wants to put more space between them and me, I say let 'em have it. That's just more Gunshots they have to deal with while they try to get back in.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Yeah lol no big deal since you can just see what they do, just something to be aware of since not everybody remembers to change their settings every time they enter training mode.

btw if anybody knows practical block punishes characters have against guns (i.e. not something they'd get if you did it right next to them or some shit, more like mid or long range), I'd love to hear it. I'm considering whipping up a list so people have a good reference for when they can't safely do DS's stuff at certain ranges/matchups.

Coddfish

Noob
btw if anybody knows practical block punishes characters have against guns (i.e. not something they'd get if you did it right next to them or some shit, more like mid or long range), I'd love to hear it. I'm considering whipping up a list so people have a good reference for when they can't safely do DS's stuff at certain ranges/matchups.
This is not really a block punish, but worth knowing: Batman can punish high guns for free from full screen with his trait bats if he ducks them, and could possible jump over low guns, release bats, and combo from that (though I haven't seen it). And I'm not just talking a few % damage, he gets a full combo and gets to close the gap for free, so you have to be careful with gunning him willy nilly.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm officially done with Deathstroke's trait. My final experiment was activating it after a b3, which has more hit advantage than anything else he's got (79). Even when activating at the earliest opportunity, the opponent still wakes up a good 6 to 10 frames before DS can do anything.

His trait is completely broken (in a bad way) and I don't believe there is a good way for them to balance it. It was a poorly thought-out mechanic, and I firmly believe it should be replaced entirely.

Trait is competely free canceled from a d2, That is all I've got on that.

I'm glad you guys have caught on to using sword spin. It is far better than sword flip, and sword spin from what I've seen is deathstroke's true wake up. Don't get caught using sword flip again. Sword spin is faster, safer, better footsie, and more damage than sword flip ever will be. And if they cross up? A sword flip will come out and shit all over it, unless its doomsday lol.

Always meter burn it btw. It gets you free gun shots afterwards.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sword spin gets raped by jump ins.

D.2 is pretty solid. Decent reach, lowered hitbox and only -1 on block. Not to mention it leads to 27% with no meter? Pretty good stuff. I'm not sure if it's a good anti cross up though.

So it looks like most people have figured out how to deal with his zoning. That's fine though, I don't think he's the keepaway character everyone made him out to be early. His zoning is bad at keeping people out and really, there's not much he can do to slow their approach more. I think he's more like, yes you will get in and no I can't stop you, but I will deal a ton of chip and build lots of meter on your way in so I'm ready for you when you reach.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Quick question for all the Deathstroke mains. I currently use Batman and Aquaman. I'd like to learn another character that is similar to Batman. I'm considering Deathstroke and Nightwing. Any recommendations? :)

Quick question for all the Deathstroke mains. I currently use Batman and Aquaman. I'd like to learn another character that is similar to Batman. I'm considering Deathstroke and Nightwing. Any recommendations? :)
Bat and Aqua are rushdown characters. They need to going in / get close for dealing damage.
DS is a keep away character. Of course you can play him rushdown / from close range as well, but just not as effective like you would do from full screen. Same goes for Guile in SSF4 just as an example.
Night is sth btw keep away and close range from what I have read.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His bnb's seem to be doing the same as far as I can tell. However, did his MB High Shot always do 16%? I always thought it just did 11% like Low Shot.

Strider86

PSN:Sarajina86
Notes for DeathStroke Post Patch: His low guns DB2 are noticeably slower even in EX. Most of his bnbs damage are the same and i didnt notice a difference. His DF2(machine gun) does about 4% less damage my "knock back" combo was d2, 1, 1. 2, machine gun and it used to do 22% now it does 18%. Lemme know if you guys find anything else.. I personally think the low gun nerf is fair and he's still good..

I'm officially done with Deathstroke's trait. My final experiment was activating it after a b3, which has more hit advantage than anything else he's got (79). Even when activating at the earliest opportunity, the opponent still wakes up a good 6 to 10 frames before DS can do anything.

His trait is completely broken (in a bad way) and I don't believe there is a good way for them to balance it. It was a poorly thought-out mechanic, and I firmly believe it should be replaced entirely.
The whole point of his trait is so that if the opponent gets a strong life lead, they can't just turtle for the rest of the match. No matter what, you have to deal with Deathstroke's guns until the match is over.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Notes for DeathStroke Post Patch: His low guns DB2 are noticeably slower even in EX. Most of his bnbs damage are the same and i didnt notice a difference. His DF2(machine gun) does about 4% less damage my "knock back" combo was d2, 1, 1. 2, machine gun and it used to do 22% now it does 18%. Lemme know if you guys find anything else.. I personally think the low gun nerf is fair and he's still good..
None of this happened.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Good. He's perfectly fine the way he is. As people get better and better at dealing with him, he's just going to get weaker and weaker in comparison.