What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
nah i'm done dealing with you bitches just started college classes & if that wackass studio wants me to pay 60 bucks for its next game just to be punished by superzoners flat out hell no. i'm moving on peace bitch this game has wore out its welcome maybe minmal play but thats it
Honestly dude, and real talk here for a second, the saddest thing is that this community (of DEATHSTROKE PLAYERS) would totally be all too happy to help you learn how to get past his zoning and how to deal with all his (and everyone else's) bull in this game. But you literally have no desire to get better at this game. That's on you, JSJ. Not us.

Sick of this salt shit salt this aint the fuckin 80's. salt salt salt salt simple enough ds scorpion are annoying as fuck simple as that. sick of this salt shit probably south slang

Don't tell me about my desire I have been awaiting this game for a year Spent over two days in practice & have trying to crack top 100 in koth & ranked since april. I got pretty fuckin far not using ANY top tier characters shit I main Lobo,Joker,Sinestro & Hawkgirl I dropped scorpion even tho he was my favorite cause he is unfair & i want clean wins.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Well hey, if you want to have this discussion in PMs, let's do that. Honestly, let's get you calmed down and let's get you better at this game. But we've derailed this thread enough.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Don't tell me about my desire I have been awaiting this game for a year Spent over two days in practice & have trying to crack top 100 in koth & ranked since april. I got pretty fuckin far not using ANY top tier characters shit I main Lobo,Joker,Sinestro & Hawkgirl I dropped scorpion even tho he was my favorite cause he is unfair & i want clean wins.
wtf dude , there is no "fair" or "unfair" in fighting game ... unless its infinite or a glitch . Everything is there for a reason .
For example , you fight some DS . He shoots a few times and sees that you are stupid enough to not dash forward and block low. There is no reason for him to not use it over and over again if it works.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Does anybody know what the benefits of doing instant air gunshots are?

I'm guessing it might be match up specific but normally even when done perfectly they seem to recover about as fast as regular standing shots...

PS: I'm talking about hitting head level not AAing from far...

Crathen Mikman360

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
I think that's actually part of why they nerfed the recovery on them. Cyborg launched with an IANB block infinite, and shortly after patching him they hit Deathstroke's air guns as well. I don't think there's any (or at least any significant) speed advantage to them over high guns. The plus is avoiding some ground tracking moves like Nightwing's staff pound or Grundy's swamp hands. I think it's primarily just a situational tool, but feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I think Aquaman's ground trident will actually still hit DS out of air guns when done low to the ground, so don't use it in that matchup much at all.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
I think that's actually part of why they nerfed the recovery on them. Cyborg launched with an IANB block infinite, and shortly after patching him they hit Deathstroke's air guns as well. I don't think there's any (or at least any significant) speed advantage to them over high guns. The plus is avoiding some ground tracking moves like Nightwing's staff pound or Grundy's swamp hands. I think it's primarily just a situational tool, but feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I think Aquaman's ground trident will actually still hit DS out of air guns when done low to the ground, so don't use it in that matchup much at all.

Ground Trident will still hit you out of most jump heights. Best to wait for them to do it and punish with a reversal QF/MB QF.

I find them useful as they come out faster than a standard jump and gun for a hit on people jumping full screen, but the low to the ground ones I'll use to catch dash attempts on a back jump mostly.

Not sure how effective they were pre-nerf, but now, I just find the execution to get them really low to the ground just far from worth it.

NHDR

Noob
Just watched some Doomsday matches. Seems like a very tough match for DS, Doomsday almost gets in for free. Does he have weak wake-up at least? Would be able to vortex him if true. I don't know much about this game, still new...

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
Just watched some Doomsday matches. Seems like a very tough match for DS, Doomsday almost gets in for free. Does he have weak wake-up at least? Would be able to vortex him if true. I don't know much about this game, still new...
cant speak for everyone else, but i just zone the crap out of doomsday and if he does upvenom or whatever his sheeva like stomp move is called i hit em with a MB B3 or just dash forward and B3 either for full combo.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Does anybody know what the benefits of doing instant air gunshots are?

I'm guessing it might be match up specific but normally even when done perfectly they seem to recover about as fast as regular standing shots...

PS: I'm talking about hitting head level not AAing from far...

Crathen Mikman360

Little to no use.

Doomsday is at WORST an even match. It's pretty winnable.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
The thing is, if you do a reversal Quickfire and aqua has trait, you will eat the next trident

Edit: forgot to quote the post but a few posts back someone said to punish ground trident with Quickfire. Don't do that when he has trait
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Little to no use.

Doomsday is at WORST an even match. It's pretty winnable.

I was hoping they were good.

I tried it on Nightwing but he still get his by Ground Blast and NW ducks with it too. Escrima projectile he kan jump over but again, he does a crouch animation.

I'm wondering what other low projectiles it might work on...?

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
The thing is, if you do a reversal Quickfire and aqua has trait, you will eat the next trident

Edit: forgot to quote the post but a few posts back someone said to punish ground trident with Quickfire. Don't do that when he has trait
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, yeah, that's a thing unfortunately (assume it was my post you were referring to). His trait is the entire reason I hate any MU against AM.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
cant speak for everyone else, but i just zone the crap out of doomsday and if he does upvenom or whatever his sheeva like stomp move is called i hit em with a MB B3 or just dash forward and B3 either for full combo.
You can MB B3 supernova with Deathstroke? Whenever I go for that the nova crosses me up, so I end up swinging the other way (unless I backdash cancel to punish after armoring the hit). I figured it wasn't possible to do a pure MB B3 in that situation as Deathstroke.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Hawkgirl can be just as dumb as DS

NHDR

Noob
Few questions...

1. If I punish with 323, how do I get 12 xx sword flip to come out? I've seen this as a common punish but it looks like DS hits the ground too late???

2. I was doing a ton of vortex'ing last night. I would do 123, dash forward and then cross up with j. 1. Though sometimes my opponent would kind of fall prematurely and I wouldn't be able to continue my punish??

I'm happy to report that my first extended bout online was a success. I think I broke even or one match under 50%. I stuck to the fundamentals very well, I just don't know ANY matchups. I used my eyes to tell me what to punish. P.S. I got hatemail, will post. :)

Few questions...

1. If I punish with 323, how do I get 12 xx sword flip to come out? I've seen this as a common punish but it looks like DS hits the ground too late???

2. I was doing a ton of vortex'ing last night. I would do 123, dash forward and then cross up with j. 1. Though sometimes my opponent would kind of fall prematurely and I wouldn't be able to continue my punish??

I'm happy to report that my first extended bout online was a success. I think I broke even or one match under 50%. I stuck to the fundamentals very well, I just don't know ANY matchups. I used my eyes to tell me what to punish. P.S. I got hatemail, will post. :)
The sword flip finisher is pretty precise in timing. In offline, the instant his sword goes back on his back you need to do the f2, 3 into sword spin. Online, you just need to do it just before that and hope lag doesn't screw you. As for vortex, I've never run into that problem myself.

Few questions...

If I were you, I would stick to using 132 as your punisher.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Few questions...

1. The easiest good punish is 323, F23 xx Flip, not 12 xx Flip. F23 has a faster startup and a better vertical hitbox. Buffer it when you land from 323.

2. If the combo you did before 123 was too long, the HKD will be diminished.

Saw something rather disconcerting on the ticker in the menus for the Europe psn version. DS has played about 180 million matches and only completed 5 million contracts, which I presume means wins. 3% win rate can't be right can it?

NHDR

Noob
Decided to record some matches. I'm a beginner, just FYI. Let me know what I did good, bad, and so forth. If you like my page at all feel free to subscribe! I can use all the support I can get. Anyway, for a beginner I don't think I'm too bad????? I just don't know any matchups so punishing is always a guessing game for me.