What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

NHDR

Noob
So, here's what I've gathered from what little I've practiced and seen from others:

1. Learn gun spacing, use high and low shots
2. Avoid using machine gun too much and trait
3. Punish with high guns and sword flip
4. Sword flip as combo ender
5. Use 123 as punish to get into 50/50 vortex
6. B222 and B1+U2 are safe footsie tools
7. Use sword flip as an AA, also good against standing wake-up pressure
8. Wager is good for pushing opponent full-screen

What am I missing? Thank you!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So, here's what I've gathered from what little I've practiced and seen from others:

Pretty good fundamentals so far. Also remember the godlike F3. It sets up free 50/50s on block, and a free combo on hit. In the corner, it's even more of a dangerous vortex move since it can sometimes stuff wakeups.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Bullshit whatever helps you sleep at night if theres one thing injustice proved at evo spammers destrot certain characters Superman won the wholething in the finals all he did was laser out nightwing. Sick and tired of you spamstroke players take the cheap win if you want but stop acting like it takes skill to win with him. I'm sure i=I will see all the same spamstroke players doing the same in Mortal Kombat X. im also certain netherealm will include a spam frenzy character in there so you spambitches will buy it.
A) DJT used Green Lantern and Doomsday in the Grand Final, not Nightwing.

Spamstroke players can laugh all they want they are the blacksheep of the entire injustice community. followed you here wow a spammer and an inflated ego right i came to the official injustice website to follow your dumbass around right fuck all the tips threads combos dicussions here.
B) You followed me, but you're talking to Rampage254. We're different people.

who me? sure my psn is renegadekiller21 if your a deathstroke player trying to prove something don't bother chancers are you'll win.
C) You're. Chances. And yes, we will.

Yeah actually as OP SPAM TRASH Scorpion has been stealing SPAMSTROKES spotlight!
D) You can duck Teleport Punch. Just like you can duck standing Quick Fire. It'll even go under the spear!

So what have we learned about our new friend?
From A, we know that you are either or all of the following: blind, illiterate, lazy, and/or desperate for some kind of validation as a fighting game player.
From B, we know that you are foaming with so much salt at the mouth that you will rage against any and all Deathstroke players just because you can't figure out how to remove the bullets that one fired up your presented rectum.
From C, we know that you know you're free and don't care.
And from D, we know that you've never heard of the "down" button on your controller.

You are basically the worst player I have ever seen.

Please, I beg of you.....stay and entertain us?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
The concept of spin sounds good but its usefulness is restricted to the corner with meter. Under these conditions it is standard for most of the other characters to get big damage combos. NRS might have thought it would be more useful than it is. Although it was already rumored to get a buff in a previous patch but that never happened so they might think that it would be too strong.

How about these: faster walk forward speed, trait buff (It is only useful in matches that are already better than even. 'Winning more' in effect.), make b1d3 safe. And maybe machine gun buff (5 bullets come out by default or slightly more safe?).
What are you talking about its one of the best anti airs...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer

B222 is not safe, but B22 is, just FYI. I often like to throw out a Machine Gun after a successful clash or super. If they block you do a little less chip than if you'd fired low guns, but I find that often people get antsy after they've just been pushed full screen and immediately try to dash in or jump to regain some footing. Gun punishes that nicely and forces them back into your zoning mindgames.

What are you talking about its one of the best anti airs...
Sword flip, yes. He was talking about Sword SPIN, which does have limited usefulness outside of corners. Really the only viable followup to a regular MB spin outside the corners is a Quick Fire or MB Quick Fire.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Fun fact of the day: Did you know that Low Shots makes DS crouch lower than his normal crouch?
I did not! Does this have practical application in any situations to your knowledge? Like, it'd be great if Low Shots went under a full screen Fear Blast even though normal crouch doesn't. I'm aware it doesn't successfully dodge that, but I'm wondering if there are any other moves that Low Shots can duck that a normal crouch won't.

As a side note, I really hope they patch Fear Blast to be duckable at all distances.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I did not! Does this have practical application in any situations to your knowledge? Like, it'd be great if Low Shots went under a full screen Fear Blast even though normal crouch doesn't. I'm aware it doesn't successfully dodge that, but I'm wondering if there are any other moves that Low Shots can duck that a normal crouch won't.

As a side note, I really hope they patch Fear Blast to be duckable at all distances.

Fear Blast is supposed to be mid, it's functioning exactly how they intended it to. They want it to be high at some ranges, mid at full.

I haven't tested much, but there was a part of the screen in which I was able to Low Shots under Fear Blast, but no duck under it.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Oh, I thought it was supposed to be a high and just had a glitchy hitbox like DS trait guns. If it does have a descending line to its shot, then it would make sense that there would be a magic spot on the screen where you can low gun counter even if you can't block. Does it visibly move downward though? I felt like it was glitchy because it appears to leave his hand and exit the screen all parallel to the ground, i.e. at the same height.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Nope, it has a dropping line of fire. In training mode, it says it hits mid too.

It's fine though, Sinestro isn't an issue of a matchup in the end. If FB hit high, then the matchup would be like 10-0 Deathstroke. Sinestro wouldn't be able to use a single projectile without being punished in some way (QF punish boulder and shackles, LS dodge FB).

A) DJT used Green Lantern and Doomsday in the Grand Final, not Nightwing.

B) You followed me, but you're talking to Rampage254. We're different people.

C) You're. Chances. And yes, we will.

D) You can duck Teleport Punch. Just like you can duck standing Quick Fire. It'll even go under the spear!

So what have we learned about our new friend?
From A, we know that you are either or all of the following: blind, illiterate, lazy, and/or desperate for some kind of validation as a fighting game player.
From B, we know that you are foaming with so much salt at the mouth that you will rage against any and all Deathstroke players just because you can't figure out how to remove the bullets that one fired up your presented rectum.
From C, we know that you know you're free and don't care.
And from D, we know that you've never heard of the "down" button on your controller.

You are basically the worst player I have ever seen.

Please, I beg of you.....stay and entertain us?

I thought people came to this site to either gives tips or get better LOL wtf does a deathstroke player have to teach or learn. shoot high & low thats pretty much. That fine rack up a million wins with that OP spammer 1 Sinestro wins is equal to 100 deathstroke wins.