What's new

I believe Liu Kang actually goes 5 5 with kabal/ is the answer for that burnt madman.

Lulzlou

Noob
I've always been 50/50 about Lui Kang.
Sometimes I think its 6/4 Kabal because he is a overall better character than Lui Kang. At the same time I think it could be easily 5-5 but it feels like Lui Kang players are missing something in that MU.

If Lui Kang players can make a good read he can easily b321 or 213 out of pressure. His high hitbox isn't really a big deal since everyone has to deal with pressure the same way. Lui Kang just has more strings to worry about.

I haven't really fought amazing Lui Kangs offline so I can't really give that much input on it.

The only way ex dash is useful is if you do it anywhere besides full screen. Lui Kang will recover in time.

Skitzo

Noob
I've always been 50/50 about Lui Kang.
Sometimes I think its 6/4 Kabal because he is a overall better character than Lui Kang. At the same time I think it could be easily 5-5 but it feels like Lui Kang players are missing something in that MU.

If Lui Kang players can make a good read he can easily b321 or 213 out of pressure. His high hitbox isn't really a big deal since everyone has to deal with pressure the same way. Lui Kang just has more strings to worry about.

I haven't really fought amazing Lui Kangs offline so I can't really give that much input on it.

The only way ex dash is useful is if you do it anywhere besides full screen. Lui Kang will recover in time.
Liu Kang players are missing the consistency of true iafb's imo it would be a lot harder mu if the Kang player can do this as easy as a Kabal player does their iagb's

Liu Kang players are missing the consistency of true iafb's imo it would be a lot harder mu if the Kang player can do this as easy as a Kabal player does their iagb's
i actually do his iafb very well. I did it in tournament vs Cat and PL's kabal. It definitely worked and was good to bait out an ex dash.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Agreed. Mygod & I go back & forth.

But it's not the low fireball, that's easy to deal with imo

& a smart Kabal player wouldn't try to EX dash iafb because it's all on read. which is really risky

I believe it's the fact that Liu can hold his own up close. & this is what Kabal has to do to win the match, stay in Liu's face.

The fireballs are just a bonus.
But how many characters have a move that let's them sort of go on the offensive and stay protected from iagb? I think fireballs are a great asset to liu in this match.

I just think Lui kangs ability to get out of pressure is a bit suspect sometimes.

His d1 is terrible, his parry is inconsistent, and you can't relay on d3 to get of pressure as it tends to go under allot of stuff.
even though all he has is d3 to get out, the problem for the opponent will be getting in on liu when he has superb footsies options and zoning.

Did anyone record these matches? If so, it would be great if they were posted in this thread.
I'll tell denzell to post my match vs PL, unfortunately i dnt think anyone record my match vs cat and DJT couldn't record it because he was fighting at the same time is was.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
have hated liu kang with a passion since mk2 but there not denying how good he is in this game.

awesome normals,
awesome mixups.
effective easy to do zoning with high lowe and air fireballs and even low ex fireball to get free mixups on hit
armor
a parry (dodgy but still a parry)
dragon stance
overhead xray you can combo in and out of
safe in nearly everything but his armor
stupid corner carry (which would be very good for getting kabal cornered)

much like sonya im suprized there isnt more people using this char for how good they are without needing kabal or skarlet like execution.

his big hitbox and no 6frame move hold him back a fair bit but i think i would of killed myself by now if he was given a low hitbox along with all the BS he has

B W1zZ

Noob
In my opinion Liu Kang is definitely a solid pick if your going against a Kabal player. However at this point it's difficult for me to say if Liu Kang goes 5-5 or 4-6 Vs Kabal. If I'm not mistaken Kabal can run any of his NDC pressure on Liu Kang, and generally Kabal should rush Liu Kang down and stay in his face/keep the offensive advantage instead of trying to engage in a zoning war with him. I would probably need to see MIT and REO (or Detroit) play extensively to determine if this is a 5-5 or 6-4 Kabal's favor.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
This thought has also crossed my mind, though I've been neglecting to voice it since I'm pretty much a nobody when compared to you or XBlades. I also have a fairly mediocre Liu.

For the most part, he can make Kabal really uncomfortable, with his 8 frame standing 2(13) jab, and low fireball to negate iagb. As most people have already said, Liu's biggest issue is his high hitbox, which means his biggest problem is the 2 NDC infinite. I think most people would argue that because of this, it's 6-4 in Kabal's favor. As far as tools go, I'd agree. However, I guess it'd all come down to the player, as you can obviously escape this. This is as much as I know, and what everyone else has been saying.

Kabal has better zoning, but Liu Kang outzones him.

In my personal opinion, it's 5.5-4.5 in Kabal's favor. However, I'd agree with 5-5.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Let me just start off by saying that your matchup experience holds a lot of weight to me. Both you and your brother are very knowledgeable.

The problem I see with this really is just that kabal has multiple answers for every situation that are safe. Liu kang can hold his own against kabal if they play a set style, but when playing someone like a REO kabal he changes and adapts mid match utilizing all of kabals tools which is something I've yet to see any other kabal do. I would love to see you two go at it and hopefully proving me wrong. But until then I have this as a 6-4 kabal simply because all of kabals rush down options are available to him and running away is even easier once he has a lead.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Let me just start off by saying that your matchup experience holds a lot of weight to me. Both you and your brother are very knowledgeable.

The problem I see with this really is just that kabal has multiple answers for every situation that are safe. Liu kang can hold his own against kabal if they play a set style, but when playing someone like a REO kabal he changes and adapts mid match utilizing all of kabals tools which is something I've yet to see any other kabal do. I would love to see you two go at it and hopefully proving me wrong. But until then I have this as a 6-4 kabal simply because all of kabals rush down options are available to him and running away is even easier once he has a lead.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
very true, but remember that only the WC and Texas has really been able to show the true power liu kang holds. I've yet to see any other regions use him and have alot of success, which means yes I haven't played a kabal like reo's, but he hasn't played a liu like mines neither. So it'd be a great match with this in mind for sure.

B W1zZ

Noob
very true, but remember that only the WC and Texas has really been able to show the true power liu kang holds. I've yet to see any other regions use him and have alot of success, which means yes I haven't played a kabal like reo's, but he hasn't played a liu like mines neither. So it'd be a great match with this in mind for sure.
KingHippo plays an extremely solid spacing and footsies oriented Liu Kang. He hasn't gone to an extensive amount of majors but I honestly think his Liu Kang would be a problem for a lot of Kabal players along with yours.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
NEC MM!!!

NariTuba

disMember
I have a question, cant kabal jump the low fireball and run cancel into pressure that forces liu to block?