What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
I think I've seen you around here so you may have already seen it, but I've got a general guide. Should be of some help.

Bane Guide
How up to date\legit is this? D1 is plus 17? Bane has B1 resets?! B21 leads to a free bp? F3 after a uppercut?

Also how do you guys deal with the flashes shake and shazaams teleport invulnerability?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
This really shows how much of a beginner I still am to fighting games despite being decent at them..... but I'm looking at the Bane Guide and I'm having trouble understanding the Wake-up setups. Am I supposed to do these "Wake-up setups" when the opponent is down?

This really shows how much of a beginner I still am to fighting games despite being decent at them..... but I'm looking at the Bane Guide and I'm having trouble understanding the Wake-up setups. Am I supposed to do these "Wake-up setups" when the opponent is down?
after you knockdown the opponent

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Never mind, I think I'm misreading it, everything highlighted in red is the knockdown string and everything listed under it are my options after that knockdown.

Derp.

The Great One

Hey guys so what exacly is a tick throw? Ive heard a commentator say that if you standing 1 then they block it and you immediately cancel it into a bp, its garunteed. Why wouldn't people just do this all the time with 11 or just the whole thing 113?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hey guys so what exacly is a tick throw? Ive heard a commentator say that if you standing 1 then they block it and you immediately cancel it into a bp, its garunteed. Why wouldn't people just do this all the time with 11 or just the whole thing 113?
Tick throws can only be done with certain moves and strings.
Also standing 1 into BP isn't guaranteed. No tick throw is as all of them can be jumped out of, however they carry the risk of you getting comboed for trying.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Tick throws can only be done with certain moves and strings.
Also standing 1 into BP isn't guaranteed. No tick throw is as all of them can be jumped out of, however they carry the risk of you getting comboed for trying.
So, would it be correct that a tick throw is just basically a grab/hit mixup?

The Great One

The venom thing is so weird. If I'm level 2 i do my charge switch to level 3 mid charge. And he mb b3 does it break his armor?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hi guys. I'm looking for some Bane loyalist experience. I find it hard to find very good Bane players on PSN.

Chakkdizzle is a very good Bane and I recommend others play him. Still, I'd like to test my mettle against other Banes.

Add Rude_39 on PSN

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Hi guys. I'm looking for some Bane loyalist experience. I find it hard to find very good Bane players on PSN.

Chakkdizzle is a very good Bane and I recommend others play him. Still, I'd like to test my mettle against other Banes.

Add Rude_39 on PSN
We should get some more games in soon

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
We should get some more games in soon
Most definintely. The only reason I'm looking for other Banes is that every person plays a character slightly differently, so I want to get an idea of different styles.

Does that make sense? I hope it does.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Most definintely. The only reason I'm looking for other Banes is that every person plays a character slightly differently, so I want to get an idea of different styles.

Does that make sense? I hope it does.
haha, of course it makes sense.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Bane experts I have a question about one of his moves. I picked up Bane a few months ago and the more learn him the more success I'm having. I'm beginning to have decent success with him but one of his moves I hear is good I never use. That move is F2D.

I don't understand. Should I be using this move more? I've started to cement my strategy, set ups, etc, but have no idea where this move would fit in. The times I try to use it it feels forced because I don't really understand why it isn't an inferior option to something else I can do in any situation I think of. I know I might be wrong on this move but I'm asking why am I wrong? What am I missing here?

When are the best times to use it? How often do you guys use the move in comparison to other normals and specials? Is this move a must to add to my arsenal if I want to continue bettering my Bane?

Sorry for so many question marks, I'm just really trying to make this character as good as my Raven so I can have a solid 2 characters I play seriously.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Bane experts I have a question about one of his moves. I picked up Bane a few months ago and the more learn him the more success I'm having. I'm beginning to have decent success with him but one of his moves I hear is good I never use. That move is F2D.

I don't understand. Should I be using this move more? I've started to cement my strategy, set ups, etc, but have no idea where this move would fit in. The times I try to use it it feels forced because I don't really understand why it isn't an inferior option to something else I can do in any situation I think of. I know I might be wrong on this move but I'm asking why am I wrong? What am I missing here?

When are the best times to use it? How often do you guys use the move in comparison to other normals and specials? Is this move a must to add to my arsenal if I want to continue bettering my Bane?

Sorry for so many question marks, I'm just really trying to make this character as good as my Raven so I can have a solid 2 characters I play seriously.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
You should be using it when you are lvl 3 venomed. F2D with lvl 3 venom gets a hit of armor. I mainly use it for oki at lvl 3 for further mix ups, and either always cancel it in charge/super/or MB bounce cancel on hit for huge damage. You can also use f2d3 to cross up in the corner but i personally I don't like it as there are more damaging options. At lvl 3 venom it leads t the most damage as far as armored moves go. I occasionally fake people out by dash cancelling it but thats a gimmick i save for occasions.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You should be using it when you are lvl 3 venomed. F2D with lvl 3 venom gets a hit of armor. I mainly use it for oki at lvl 3 for further mix ups, and either always cancel it in charge/super/or MB bounce cancel on hit for huge damage. You can also use f2d3 to cross up in the corner but i personally I don't like it as there are more damaging options. At lvl 3 venom it leads t the most damage as far as armored moves go. I occasionally fake people out by dash cancelling it but thats a gimmick i save for occasions.
Thanks for the swift response. Starting tonight I'll start trying to mix it in with level 3 and see if I can get a good feel on how and when the right times are to mix it in. That sounds like a legit way to use it that I haven't applied yet.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
f.2.d at level 3 is an overhead, armored, auto-correcting, armor breaking, high priority (higher than supers), projectile immune, move that can dash cancelled, special cancelled, and comboed out of using d.1xxDP for extra distance and damage. Its pretty dang useful.