What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

GGA Max

I can see all that, but it seems like a lot of Bane players are constantly just trying to land DP over a lot of his other setups and frame traps. I spent a good while yesterday watching all of Max's GGA matches and it seems like all he wants to do is land a damn DP. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something. Does Bane have a great post-DP oki or something (beyond his already insane oki, that is)?
Hey man, if you point out a few different times I do the DP, I'll tell you why I went for it in each situation.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey man, if you point out a few different times I do the DP, I'll tell you why I went for it in each situation.
Awesome, thanks! I'll give the vids another watch tomorrow and post some notes. DP definitely seems to be working for you, it just doesn't click with me for some reason since it does so little damage and doesn't lead to any fantastic follow-ups.

GGA Max

Awesome, thanks! I'll give the vids another watch tomorrow and post some notes. DP definitely seems to be working for you, it just doesn't click with me for some reason since it does so little damage and doesn't lead to any fantastic follow-ups.
Sounds good.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So this has probably been discussed, but I've been wondering why is it that bane's d1 is un-pushblockable?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but has anyone else noticed that you can end Bane's dash early? I'm sure this is old news, but I wasn't aware. I was practicing his dash-d2-BP and noticed that he dashed much farther if I delayed the d2.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Reminds me, now that the pushblock teeth junk is gone, do you still think its 5-5? I've been meaning to ask you.
I talked to GRR after our set and he got back to me with 5-5 but 6-4 Bane now with the pushblock tech patched, I agree with him.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I talked to GRR after our set and he got back to me with 5-5 but 6-4 Bane now with the pushblock tech patched, I agree with him.
If you say so. I finally bothered to sit down and learn my fair share of Joker and I was like "yeah it is 5-5" and then the hotfix came lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you say so. I finally bothered to sit down and learn my fair share of Joker and I was like "yeah it is 5-5" and then the hotfix came lol
nobody believes me and then i end up being right, it happens/will happen with half the char forums

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
nobody believes me and then i end up being right, it happens/will happen with half the char forums
Its not that I don't believe you, but you've had your fair share of incorrectness here and there and this is my main so I tend to go with what I know.
But all the same, when I bother to sit down and learn stuff my opinion usually shifts by about a number.