What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Hey bane players ive got a question. Why do you do banes d2-(special) on a knockdown? The d2 doesn't have armor. Why wouldn't u just do the special right away?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hey bane players ive got a question. Why do you do banes d2-(special) on a knockdown? The d2 doesn't have armor. Why wouldn't u just do the special right away?
D.2 eats through invuln allowing us to do the special without risking it losing out. Likewise if they block it allows us to prevent them from jumping away immediately and if you sweet-spot it, they can't backdash either.

What's more is it they wake up with a MB b.3/f.3, the bane can clip the armor and then eat through the move.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
D.2 eats through invuln allowing us to do the special without risking it losing out. Likewise if they block it allows us to prevent them from jumping away immediately and if you sweet-spot it, they can't backdash either.

What's more is it they wake up with a MB b.3/f.3, the bane can clip the armor and then eat through the move.
oh really? does it eat through the invuln on all wake ups or just some? also thanks for responding lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
oh really? does it eat through the invuln on all wake ups or just some? also thanks for responding lol
For the most part. A few like batgirls smoke bomb avoid it completely, but can be stuffed by other moves like b.1. Explore the options and find what works for your style

Is that property exclusive to Bane or some other characters, or is it universal? I haven't heard about that, to my shame.
With Bane. Basically when you cancel into the special and have venom the first hit can beat most wakeups armor etc. Can create tick throws because even if they hit your armor kicks in. So lets say d1 XX double punch for example. Lantern wakes up with lanterns might. Time the d1 and input double punch. Your first d1 does nothing due to invincibility, but the cancelled part will hit him because of the armor from venom.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
With Bane. Basically when you cancel into the special and have venom the first hit can beat most wakeups armor etc. Can create tick throws because even if they hit your armor kicks in. So lets say d1 XX double punch for example. Lantern wakes up with lanterns might. Time the d1 and input double punch. Your first d1 does nothing due to invincibility, but the cancelled part will hit him because of the armor from venom.
Oh, thanks. Now I see how it works.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So the charge glitch or whatever it is happened AGAIN when I was at next level last night. This time I know for sure I wasn't backdashing and was just holding back. But it definitely has something to do with having a mine out. I don't know if there's a way to recreate it consistently or if it's just random though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So the charge glitch or whatever it is happened AGAIN when I was at next level last night. This time I know for sure I wasn't backdashing and was just holding back. But it definitely has something to do with having a mine out. I don't know if there's a way to recreate it consistently or if it's just random though.
If its against Grr, we've already decided its because the game can't handle him doing anything thats not DP, VU, or the occasional command grab.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
This is probably known but looks like you can do some ambiguous cross ups in the corner using strings that end with splats and doing a meaty Raging Charge. I'm new to this game and Bane so I'm not sure if this is viable.

EDIT:

Any juggle ending with 113 xx raging charge or 123 raging will have the raging charge cross up as the opponent wakes up. I've only tested this on Joker and off course some wake up attacks beat/escape this.

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
So I finally started using Bane yesterday. Here are a few things I've been doing, please comment if I'm on the right track.

-D1 xx Double Punch for safe pressure
-Doing the tackle only when I have at least LVL 1 venom
-Saving meter for MB tackle
-Using D2 into ring slam as an AA
-Using venom uppercut as an AA

My main question: can I punish negative strings with Bane's back breaker? Just like how I'd SPD something negative on block with Zangief? Thanks.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So I finally started using Bane yesterday. Here are a few things I've been doing, please comment if I'm on the right track.

-D1 xx Double Punch for safe pressure
-Doing the tackle only when I have at least LVL 1 venom
-Saving meter for MB tackle
-Using D2 into ring slam as an AA
-Using venom uppercut as an AA

My main question: can I punish negative strings with Bane's back breaker? Just like how I'd SPD something negative on block with Zangief? Thanks.
In order
-Yes
-Yes
-No - Save your meter for MB bounce cancels, clash, and MB VU on wake-up
-Yes/No - Use d.2 as an AA, don't go into ring slam. Go into j.2 123DP or just 123DP depending on when you hit them out.
-Yes/no - VU as an AA is a good thing to do against some characters, not so much against others. d.2 has better horizontal reach so it should be your go-to, but against some characters (batman, DS, ect) d.2 won't catch their jump arc and you should be using VU instead.

And no, Gief's SPD (iirc) is a 1 or 2 frame move once the input is done. Bane's BP is 20 frames. Its not bad for eating through things on wake-up, but you should be using 113xxcharge or 113xxMB b.3 as your punishment options.

NHDR

Noob
So the back breaker is more for whiff punishing and being used as wake-up offense combined with venom? Also, any recommendations for easier cancelling of D1 into DP? I got used to holding DB and then sliding to DF in Street Fighter, sadly that doesn't work here. What I do is hit D1 and then quickly go HCF+P.

Thanks.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So the back breaker is more for whiff punishing and being used as wake-up offense combined with venom? Also, any recommendations for easier cancelling of D1 into DP? I got used to holding DB and then sliding to DF in Street Fighter, sadly that doesn't work here. What I do is hit D1 and then quickly go HCF+P.

Thanks.
Are you on alternate controls? I personally play with them removed. I guess if you're looking for a easy way to do it for a HCF, I'd recommend pressing down then doing a release followed by DB to DF. But then, My controls just ask me to press b.f.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
This is probably known but looks like you can do some ambiguous cross ups in the corner using strings that end with splats and doing a meaty Raging Charge. I'm new to this game and Bane so I'm not sure if this is viable.

EDIT:

Any juggle ending with 113 xx raging charge or 123 raging will have the raging charge cross up as the opponent wakes up. I've only tested this on Joker and off course some wake up attacks beat/escape this.
Known, nice try tho.