What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

mfkaoz

Banned
This thread is dead af. Anyway, I'm picking up Bane and I need to know how exactly I'm supposed to go about playing with him. I don't just wanna trait up and mash specials lol. I've got his tick throws down but I just need some general tips to get going with him. Any help is appreciated.
@Rev_
@GGA Max
@KHAOTIC_Biohazard (I think that's his name on here)
@Doombawkz

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'd say 2 most important things is understanding how his normals come into play during footsies and character specific oki.

Abuse the fuck out of b1 (borderline block infinite, the options after are unreal) in the corner
Abuse tick throws until your opponent shows they can deal with them
Abuse Blocked DP into more DP

If you manage to land a grab on debuff MB that shit to run the timer out
Dont forget f2d and f2 cancelling when you're level 3 venomed
Dont raging charge unless you're certain it will hit because you will feel like the dumbest piece of shit on the planet when it whiffs

If you dont have momentum by the end of level 1 venom its best to go into debuff and try again since it recovers so quickly

Luckily there's a lot of good bane footage out there. Dombawkz's channel has a lot of useful tech on it and you can find Max fighting at least of the cast probably on the GGA channel.

mfkaoz

Banned
I'd say 2 most important things is understanding how his normals come into play during footsies and character specific oki.

Abuse the fuck out of b1 (borderline block infinite, the options after are unreal) in the corner
Abuse tick throws until your opponent shows they can deal with them
Abuse Blocked DP into more DP

If you manage to land a grab on debuff MB that shit to run the timer out
Dont forget f2d and f2 cancelling when you're level 3 venomed
Dont raging charge unless you're certain it will hit because you will feel like the dumbest piece of shit on the planet when it whiffs

If you dont have momentum by the end of level 1 venom its best to go into debuff and try again since it recovers so quickly

Luckily there's a lot of good bane footage out there. Dombawkz's channel has a lot of useful tech on it and you can find Max fighting at least of the cast probably on the GGA channel.
That's what I'm talking about. Thank you.

GGA Max

Tip for dealing with zoning characters... don't start your venom cycle until they have to come in... whether they get cornered or they become impatient while trying to keep you out.

It seems strange at first, but they control your venom. It is absolutely useless to be wasting venom time chasing someone. Think of venom as a timer counting down.

@mfkaoz

Lord_BRISK

"i am knightfall''
Bane outsmarted the worlds Greatest Detective and Broke his back lol. He defines the the term "Necessary Evil" without a doubt. As a Long time fan and Inj. guru, ID LIKE TO SAY KEEP CALM AND MANAGE V LEVELS :) "you kno nothing of strength"

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
This thread is dead af. Anyway, I'm picking up Bane and I need to know how exactly I'm supposed to go about playing with him. I don't just wanna trait up and mash specials lol. I've got his tick throws down but I just need some general tips to get going with him. Any help is appreciated.
@Rev_
@GGA Max
@KHAOTIC_Biohazard (I think that's his name on here)
@Doombawkz
Didn't tag me? I'm hurt :p. Learn all of your plus frames. B23 is +5 f2d is neutral b1 is +12 113 is +3. Abuse your footsies in d2 and d1, learn your options vs every character after a blocked doublepunch. Banes a great character with a great guessing game. You'll enjoy him a lot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Didn't tag me? I'm hurt :p. Learn all of your plus frames. B23 is +5 f2d is neutral b1 is +12 113 is +3. Abuse your footsies in d2 and d1, learn your options vs every character after a blocked doublepunch. Banes a great character with a great guessing game. You'll enjoy him a lot.
f.2.d is +1 nub.
L2Banye

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
So maybe I'm just crazy but what the hell do we do vs hitbox zod? Haven't found a way I'm vs perfect iazb other than maybe d1 xx dash but I didn't test it. Feel like we just need the first hit otherwise we die. Maybe its because I don't have any exp outside a ft5 with a hitbox zod but Jesus Christ it felt impossible.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
d1 on hit is +17. So if you confirm it, you can frame trap into b23 or b11. It's a great trap, especially when you're on debuff and people try to go in hard to take advantage.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Learn your F2D stuff. Get the timing down on traiting up so between rounds you can eliminate cooldown and go in hard. Test how many safe dashups you can get off of stuff on hit...this is often overlooked but its the difference between a minor Bane and a nightmare Bane IMO. If you know when you should be moving then you will be hard as hell for folks to shake and once Bane's in he STAYS in.

Most of Bane is largely learning matchups, and learning when to react with offense or dash up. Bane rarely backs off. Its all about how to keep moving forward with me. Also...be a douchebag and use staggerable Venom Upper armor and corner dash on folks to reverse their inputs. You can fucking ruin some players with that sort of salt inducing play and it makes them a punching bag of easy reads and punishes.

Bane right of passage list should be reposted for posterity @Doombawkz
All I can remember from it is autocorrect super to take out teleport Scorpion.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Win a game without venom
Win a game without specials
Level 3 super to kill a scorpion who uses teleport
With a game without knocking the opponent down (literally frame trapping someone to death)

We've all done it.